Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2014

49ers have the third lowest dead money in the league at ~$1.9mil

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

LOL! This organization has really been impressive in so many ways...this may be the most important for long term success!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

LOL! This organization has really been impressive in so many ways...this may be the most important for long term success!

Yeah, NC, wasn't too long ago, the last 8 yrs before Jed, Jim and Trent took over that not only did we have krap for a team, they were all overpaid. Not only could we not get good talent to come here, we couldn't afford them if they wanted to. The cracker was the Nate the Great signing, by my favorite, noln. Shut down corner. Un huh, right up until he was surrounded with talent that belonged back in college, with few if any pros around. NOW THAT was truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not until we got out of cap hell did we have any chance of ever recovering.

Now that we have, Trent is safeguarding that cap like a guard at Fort Knox. Seeing the Raids across the bay way over cap, not able to bring talent in, not able to afford anything, even 2nd or 3rd hand help...well it does bring back memories, and they are all BAD. 3rd lowest dead money doesn't sound like much...right until you find yourself in those shoes. Never, ever will I forget those horrid yrs...nor will I forget how hard Coach, GM and owner worked to get us out of cap hell, never to return. Signing Revis for $16 mil, Darius at Denver, Edelman, Decker, all the high priced, and way overpriced guys...just what some fans want...but exactly what we didn't need.

3 trips to the NFCC and incl 1 SB visit doesn't just happen by luck. It happens starting at the top and works it's way down. Our guys got it. Fans who wanted peyton, and anybody else over paid, just aren't going to see that under this regime. Man I would hate to be Denver in 1-2 yrs.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, NC, wasn't too long ago, the last 8 yrs before Jed, Jim and Trent took over that not only did we have krap for a team, they were all overpaid. Not only could we not get good talent to come here, we couldn't afford them if they wanted to. The cracker was the Nate the Great signing, by my favorite, noln. Shut down corner. Un huh, right up until he was surrounded with talent that belonged back in college, with few if any pros around. NOW THAT was truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not until we got out of cap hell did we have any chance of ever recovering.

Now that we have, Trent is safeguarding that cap like a guard at Fort Knox. Seeing the Raids across the bay way over cap, not able to bring talent in, not able to afford anything, even 2nd or 3rd hand help...well it does bring back memories, and they are all BAD. 3rd lowest dead money doesn't sound like much...right until you find yourself in those shoes. Never, ever will I forget those horrid yrs...nor will I forget how hard Coach, GM and owner worked to get us out of cap hell, never to return. Signing Revis for $16 mil, Darius at Denver, Edelman, Decker, all the high priced, and way overpriced guys...just what some fans want...but exactly what we didn't need.

3 trips to the NFCC and incl 1 SB visit doesn't just happen by luck. It happens starting at the top and works it's way down. Our guys got it. Fans who wanted peyton, and anybody else over paid, just aren't going to see that under this regime. Man I would hate to be Denver in 1-2 yrs.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

as usual the doc says nothing wrong. i see a few fans have called for the niners to go all out to win a super bowl which translates to putting us in salary cap hell in the near future we have seen the damage this does to a franchise, we were on the front lines of that. with a team who has a wide open"window" to make a deep playoff run every year,,, why in the world would you even want to think about revisiting that past?
OMG Devon Hester almost signed here!!! 2006 excitement!!!

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

Yay , we are going nowhere next year , we don't have a CB starter and you're happy about dead money ? Just Waite until next year where everyone can throw @ us with no one can cover .
Originally posted by cNiner:

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

Yay , we are going nowhere next year , we don't have a CB starter and you're happy about dead money ? Just Waite until next year where everyone can throw @ us with no one can cover .

Looking for an argument?
Originally posted by English:

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

Looking for an argument?

Attica, Attica, Attica!

Sorry English...Strangeway, Strangeway, Strangeway!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM ]

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

Looking for an argument?

Attica, Attica, Attica!

Australia, Australia, Australia!

Paraag

#whatcanbrowndoforyou

Looking for an argument?

Attica, Attica, Attica!

Australia, Australia, Australia!

ROFL!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I agree, and I'll just add that Praage and his legal beagles do a good job in writing the contracts so that injuries like Bowman's injury doesn't blow out the cap. I think the accelerated roster bonuses are a brilliant use of "Likely to be earned/not earned" clauses in the CAP to manage the cap and accelerate the depreciation of so called guaranteed and bonus kinds of money to free the cap for future blockbuster contracts. It takes a lot of trust between players and management to pull those kinds of deals out of the hat.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I agree, and I'll just add that Praage and his legal beagles do a good job in writing the contracts so that injuries like Bowman's injury doesn't blow out the cap. I think the accelerated roster bonuses are a brilliant use of "Likely to be earned/not earned" clauses in the CAP to manage the cap and accelerate the depreciation of so called guaranteed and bonus kinds of money to free the cap for future blockbuster contracts. It takes a lot of trust between players and management to pull those kinds of deals out of the hat.

They have been genius in handling guys already on the roster. Every season know nothing fans cry about the FA's who walk to other teams for paydays and come time to play football, you forget they were even there. RJF, Sopoaga, Goldson, Snyder (people actually had a fit about him going to AZ and being replaced by the uknown Boone), and now Whitner. All of these guys got paid a lot more money to go someplace else and were not missed (Don't know yet about Whitner obviously but I think we will be fine). I challenge you fans to go back and find one FA that has left the niners, during Baalke's tenure, and it was a poor move by the front office.
[ Edited by walker807 on Mar 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
They have been genius in handling guys already on the roster. Every season no nothing fans cry about the FA's who walk to other teams for paydays and come time to play football, you forget they were even there. RJF, Sopoaga, Goldson, Snyder (people actually had a fit about him going to AZ and being replaced by the uknown Boone), and now Whitner. All of these guys got paid a lot more money to go someplace else and were not missed (Don't know yet about Whitner obviously but I think we will be fine). I challenge you fans to go back and find one FA that has left the niners, during Baalke's tenure, and it was a poor move by the front office.
to bad that does not stop some people from screaming about bringing back x niners whenever we have a opening on the roster. they are x niners for a reason. god i know someone is going to answer walker by saying the word manny lawson
Share 49ersWebzone