LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Great Job by the Front Office...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, if Revis wants to play here, lets negotiate.

And lets not forget that WIlfork is available too. Oh man, that would change everything.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
The FA market was not meant to put us over the hump.

It worked for the seahawks!

And they are steadily losing player over the next couple of years to pay the bill.

well hey you gotta pay the price to become a champion, i'd be willing to gut this roster down to it's core players just so this current team can become champions.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I love what we have done so far. Bethea is at worst as good as Whitner but I think he'll end up being better in coverage here than Whitner was. Bringing back Boldin, Dawson, Wright are all good moves. The trades are interesting, backup QB and swing OT were needs that are now erased with young vets who have starting experience in the NFL on the cheap. We are now set up in the draft to go target our guys at WR & CB early and then go BPA the rest of the way. Can't wait to see who we get, these additions along with Lattimore, Tank, Dial from last years draft and Culliver/Ian Williams coming back from injuries and the 49ers could end up improving a ton which should scare the hell out of the rest of the league.

Nice summary. I don't think any true Niners fan was expecting this much activity this soon in free agency or from the trades Baalke pulled off. Well done front office!
Originally posted by matt49er:
No Gabbert/Martin won't get us over the hump but in the NFL it's about improving and doing so on the cheap where you can. We needed a new backup QB and swing OT and we just got them for next to nothing. Not everybody can be a star on a 53 man roster, these are solid moves.

Well said. It's hard for most of webzone not to go crazy about the lack of flashy moves! This is the most FA moves I have seen Baalke do in the first day but so far he's been solid as always. Didn't break the bank but still added solid depth for basically peanuts. He didn't put us over the top but he also didn't put our future in jeopardy with costly high risk moves. After he pulls his usual "nobody is on my level" draft ninja moves we should be set for yet another run at that sixth ring!

they had such a unique circumstance and they took advantage. their qb like ours makes next to nothing but thats where the similarities end. all of our top talent makes close to top money because they been around since the nolan/sing era. all of their top talent makes close to peanuts like their qb because they hit on mid round draft picks AND had the balls to trot them all out there and sink or swim. i cant think of another team who has ever been in that scenario. theres been youn g teams win it all but never with a team complied mostly of mid round pro bowlers or players who play at a pro bowl level
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Great job my ass we downgraded our SS, got probably the worst QB in the NFL to be our back up, and got an emo little b***h from the dolphins that nobody else wanted.

yah real great job
Originally posted by susweel:
Great job my ass we downgraded our SS, got probably the worst QB in the NFL to be our back up, and got an emo little b***h from the dolphins that nobody else wanted.

yah real great job

sus gonna sus

yah real great job

uh...I think you are on the wrong forum. here you go....http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Broncos-Football
[ Edited by MTninerfan on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
GREAT moves by our Front Office. Baalke is the bomb!

We resigned our guys got a better, IM, at S w/Bathea. Zero penalties last year - I'm sure you've read the other pluses.

Gave up 2 very late picks for 2 potential contributors. martin will be a swing tackle and be in on all the Jumbo packages. JH and Roman know him very well and probably believe they can get him to a higher level of play.

Everyone said Alex was finished, done and over. JH took him and elevated his performance where we got 2 2nd rounders for him. He's developing Kap and will get Gabbert to a better level.

As far as selling the farm for Revis - GET F'n REAL!!!! He did Tampa a world of good There is no way in hell he goes anywhere for cheap.

People will point to Seattle as one success I'd like to mention Atlanta for Julio - they suck! Saints for Ricki - we all know how that turned out.

Our FO is excellent and FA in't over yet. I still tink Trent will have a Very Good surprise addition to our team
Masterful moves by the front office. Especially the Martin pickup. Think that dude doesn't have a chip on his shoulder? He's an athlete. He's been called soft. A wimp. A loser. There are other names I dare not share.

Martin is an athlete. And he's coming back into the NFL as an extremely pissed off individual. I feel sorry for the Seahawk's defensive line next year. Well, not really. But it's a great pickup.

Same with our new backup QB. Harbaugh is going to coach that QB back into the upper echelon and trade him away for a 2nd or 3rd round pick in another year or two. Mark my words.

Masterful moves by the front office. Just masterful.

I forgot about martin, him and VD will become good friends and do paintings together!
Well revis did just get cut. Not that we can afford him or anything but I found that interesting
Originally posted by crabman82:

they had such a unique circumstance and they took advantage. their qb like ours makes next to nothing but thats where the similarities end. all of our top talent makes close to top money because they been around since the nolan/sing era. all of their top talent makes close to peanuts like their qb because they hit on mid round draft picks AND had the balls to trot them all out there and sink or swim. i cant think of another team who has ever been in that scenario. theres been youn g teams win it all but never with a team complied mostly of mid round pro bowlers or players who play at a pro bowl level

we must copy the seahawks then!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice summary. I don't think any true Niners fan was expecting this much activity this soon in free agency or from the trades Baalke pulled off. Well done front office!

That's what I am saying!
[ Edited by Toughniner on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

yah real great job

sus gonna sus

LMAO! Sus is like an April Fool's joke...every. single. day.

And ppl still fall for it like a WZ prank!
Share 49ersWebzone