LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Great Job by the Front Office...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
by using low round draft picks to have the chance to get (quality) depth.

As far as I recall: a conditional seventh rounder for Martin, an early second round talent. Great.
A sixth rounder for a underachivieng former 10th overall pick. The benefits outweigh the negatives
Getting younger and a little cheaper in the backfield but keeping (almost) the same level of play. Nice move...

So the Niners didn't give away too many picks, still have an abundance of high picks, which you need to trade to move up, and adressed some depth needs.

Good Job!

Thoughts?

PS: I wrote this from memory. So correct me please, if I am wrong.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
everything they have done so far has been excellent,, including the resign of wright, boldin and dawson.. also thanks to baldwin and I think craig dahl(i may be wrong on that one) for taking pay cuts. the only thing i would change in your good bullet points is the fact we got better in the secondary with a guy who is solid in tackles, good in pass coverage and does not make drive extending penalites
No penalties last year.
Great job front office for creating no excitement for the fans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

some things are not even worth answering
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AldonSacks:
No penalties last year.
what are we to do with two guys at safety who do not specialize in drive extending penalties for the other team?
Originally posted by cciowa:

some things are not even worth answering

you either get better or you get worse, you never stay the same.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hmmm. do i break the bank for some guy like ware or do i keep two huge aspects of our team in boldin and dawson. that is an easy answer for me and I am sorry if that does not"excite" some people, hmm do i keep a guy who likes to extend drives for the other team and is horrid in pass coverage or do I save a few million and sign a guy who does not make mistakes, solid tackler and a titch better in pass coverage? that is an easy answer for me and i am sorry if that does not "excite" some people
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
after what this team has done in the last 3 years esp last year when they were left for dead by fans like me at 1-2 and winning two playoff games in a row on the road and almost getting to the super bowl,,,,,,,, if you are not excited about this team, well i just do not know
after what this team has done in the last 3 years esp last year when they were left for dead by fans like me at 1-2 and winning two playoff games in a row on the road and almost getting to the super bowl,,,,,,,, if you are not excited about this team, well i just do not know

for 3 years now we've been using the same formula and I think it's been figured out, I was hoping the front office would at least make a big splash somewhere..

imagine Kaep with Crabtree, Boldin, and Eric Decker!

now that excites!!
[ Edited by verb1der on Mar 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]

for 3 years now we've been using the same formula and I think it's been figured out, I was hoping the front office would at least make a big splash somewhere..

now that excites!!

been figured out? What does that even mean? We got to the nfcc twice and super bowl once. I wouldn't really call that 'figured out'. Once you are that late in the playoffs you are playing against the best teams left in football, and its any given Sunday.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Edelman can play WR CB and return
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

now that excites!!

been figured out? What does that even mean? We got to the nfcc twice and super bowl once. I wouldn't really call that 'figured out'. Once you are that late in the playoffs you are playing against the best teams left in football, and its any given Sunday.

maybe that's too harsh....but we can't get over the hump is what I mean
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

now that excites!!

provide proof that we have been figured out please? if you followed this team you should know they do not make a big splash putting all of the eggs into one expensive basket that could put our future in doubt(see what denver is doing). this formula has brought us three nfc title games and a super bowl showing. if we have been figured out, we would have never made the playoffs and would have been beat on the road by either green bay or carolina in my opinion

now that excites!!

provide proof that we have been figured out please? if you followed this team you should know they do not make a big splash putting all of the eggs into one expensive basket that could put our future in doubt(see what denver is doing). this formula has brought us three nfc title games and a super bowl showing. if we have been figured out, we would have never made the playoffs and would have been beat on the road by either green bay or carolina in my opinion

we've been figured out. they rope a dope us until the 4th Q and force us to miss a throw by a couple of feet.
Share 49ersWebzone