LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

The Power Struggle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
from MM on Fangio contract

The Sacramento Bee first reported the news. No contract terms were reported. Assistant coaches typically work on two-year contracts with deals that are extended a year after every season.

One source told CSNBayArea.com all of the assistant coaches received one-year extensions. There was a budget in place for the assistant coaches, and Harbaugh worked with general manager Trent Baalke to determine how to allocate the money.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-gets-wish-fangio-receives-pay-raise

"Sources reported that a fist-fight broke out between Harbaugh and Baalke immediately after agreeing to the terms offered to Fangio. Just because."

-Mike Florio
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
"Sources reported that a fist-fight broke out between Harbaugh and Baalke immediately after agreeing to the terms offered to Fangio. Just because."

-Mike Florio

Mike Florio = stupid MF her.

The Sacramento Bee first reported the news. No contract terms were reported. Assistant coaches typically work on two-year contracts with deals that are extended a year after every season.

One source told CSNBayArea.com all of the assistant coaches received one-year extensions. There was a budget in place for the assistant coaches, and Harbaugh worked with general manager Trent Baalke to determine how to allocate the money.

-Mike Florio

But they aren't talking!
Originally posted by English:

-Mike Florio

But they aren't talking!

Harbaugh has always been a hands-on coach!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

-Mike Florio

But they aren't talking!

"and a hands-on player" - Jim Kelly
Originally posted by boast:

-Mike Florio

But they aren't talking!

"and a hands-on player" - Jim Kelly

LOL...indeed!
Man, this is going to be one damn long off-season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The power struggle continues-at least in the eyes of Elliot Harrison.

NFL Power Rankings: Who can dethrone the Seattle Seahawks?
By Elliot Harrison
NFL Media analyst

3 49ERS

We're not ready to jump the Patriots over the 49ers yet, but everything surrounding Harbaugh-gate smacks of the Jimmy Johnson-Jerry Jones feud that rocked the Dallas Cowboys exactly 20 years ago, when the two-time defending champs lost their head coach in an ego tussle with ownership. Of course, in that case, Johnson was not upset about money -- it was never considered an issue -- but there seems to be a lot of that going on in the Bay Area. And ego. Whatever the case, the Niners better hope Antoine Bethea's best days aren't behind him and that Eric Wright can play. (Not the old Eric Wright, who was an amazing player.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335306/article/nfl-power-rankings-who-can-dethrone-the-seattle-seahawks

"Who can dethrone the Seahawks?" Are they kidding? If Matt Schaub doesn't have a fricking brain fart at the end of their game, the NFC Championship game would have been at the Stick. It was close last year. Why are people pretending the Seahawks are some kind of juggernaut?
Originally posted by crake49:
"Who can dethrone the Seahawks?" Are they kidding? If Matt Schaub doesn't have a fricking brain fart at the end of their game, the NFC Championship game would have been at the Stick. It was close last year. Why are people pretending the Seahawks are some kind of juggernaut?

Short-term deranged memory syndrome?

the next episode of this saga will continue. . ...2014.0508.1000

Short-term deranged memory syndrome?

Not to mention St. Louis.

I know! I know, pick ME!

Answer: "A team that is allowed to tackle quarterbacks at the shoulder."

That way, they play at our house, where we always beat them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Baalke: 'Jim and I work very well together'

On the first day of the new league year, the 49ers traded for quarterback Blaine Gabbert from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Then, the 49ers acquired former Stanford offensive lineman Jonathan Martin from the Miami Dolphins.

Both moves appeared to have Harbaugh’s fingerprints all over them.

“We talked it through, and we discussed them,” Baalke said of the trades. “Who’s fingerprints are on it? It’s really our fingerprints. It’s not Jim’s. It’s not mine. It’s ours. That’s how we approach everything. If we feel we can acquire a player that’s going to make us better and have a chance to make us better, we’re going to talk it through and the decisions are going to be made.

“Everyone is looking for ‘Who’s fingerprints are on this trade or this acquisition?’ It’s not like that. It’s media-driven. These are things that are discussed openly and honestly with no agendas in mind, other than the agenda of getting the 49ers better.”

“Jim and I work very well together,” Baalke said. “I think a lot of that is media-driven. A lot of it is speculation. Maybe it’s the desires of others that we don’t work well together, but that’s not the case internally.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-jim-and-i-work-very-well-together
Baalke: 'Jim and I work very well together'

On the first day of the new league year, the 49ers traded for quarterback Blaine Gabbert from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Then, the 49ers acquired former Stanford offensive lineman Jonathan Martin from the Miami Dolphins.

Both moves appeared to have Harbaugh’s fingerprints all over them.

“We talked it through, and we discussed them,” Baalke said of the trades. “Who’s fingerprints are on it? It’s really our fingerprints. It’s not Jim’s. It’s not mine. It’s ours. That’s how we approach everything. If we feel we can acquire a player that’s going to make us better and have a chance to make us better, we’re going to talk it through and the decisions are going to be made.

“Everyone is looking for ‘Who’s fingerprints are on this trade or this acquisition?’ It’s not like that. It’s media-driven. These are things that are discussed openly and honestly with no agendas in mind, other than the agenda of getting the 49ers better.”

“Jim and I work very well together,” Baalke said. “I think a lot of that is media-driven. A lot of it is speculation. Maybe it’s the desires of others that we don’t work well together, but that’s not the case internally.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-jim-and-i-work-very-well-together

Goes to show what the media knows
Share 49ersWebzone