There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Power Struggle

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
There isn't one, except for the one that Kawakami wants to create

We stole a 1st rounder (10th overall in 2011, Kaep's year)

And a 2nd rounder (his second year)

For a 6th and 7th, neither of which has any chance of making the team.

These are guys that Harbaugh wanted / wants.

If there were a power struggle, Baalke would not have done this.

As was said in the Martin thread, Baalke raping the league again.

This shows that Harbaugh / Baalke are TOTALLY IN LOCK STEP

Great depth, cheap price, rape league

Wash, rinse, repeat

Agree 100%.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I mean, you could just as easily say Baalke is placating Harbaugh with castoffs that will be lucky to be in the league after the preseason is over.

But I'd never say that.

You can't say that Baalke just likes to throw away draft picks. He likely sees a premium talent where a special case scenario presents itself where talent can be acquired at a discount
dbl
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM ]
No, there is healthy discussions. If Baalke REALLY wanted to screw Harbaugh, he would have let Dawson go.

And Baalke gave Harbaugh his man in Blaine and Martin and entertaind Toby.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM ]
Was thinking the same thing

Wash, rinse, repeat

Agreed. This is almost a sure sign of Harbaugh and Baalke working together. Martin is a Harbaugh guy. Tried to get Gearhart a stanford guy. JH wanted Gabbert at Stanford and pitched openly for Dawson. How can anyone think that Harbaugh was not involved in the decisions to bring these players into the locker room and try to make the trade for Gearhart?

Time for us all to be more aware of reporters who just love to conjure up stories of tension, dissent and conflict to create high drama packed articles. It boosts their readership, increases circulation making their management happy and thus their careers and egos also get a big shot of juice. Ego and money, the motivating factors behind soooo much we see going on in this world today.

I believe Harbaugh most of the time. He has a big ego at times, but is basically a humble, truthful person. I think he is a big enough person to put his ego aside for the betterment of the team and work with Baalke as it is best for all. As he said, "Anyone who has a brother knows that there are brotherly scuffles and disagreements". Me thinks that this is the truth of what goes on between Trent and Jim. Jed framed it this way himself. I think it's time to drop the other conjured up stories about this relationship and move on.
[ Edited by barrymartin on Mar 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM ]
I do like that were not overpaying for these FA's on day 1. Gabbert and Martin hopefully dont play important roles on this team moving forward, but Martin could fill in along the O-Line should injuries occur. The most i want Gabbert playing is kneels and hand offs in blow out wins.

I dont like the fact that it seems every high end FA is being signed with elite teams (Pats, Broncos etc) with rumblings that Jared Allen is going to Seattle and possibly a WR like Steve SMith.

The draft is what matters. we need to find a few guys who can contribute in the mid rounds this year i think. A few nice suprises would be welcomed. An elite kick/punter returner, WR, CB in middle rounds would be nice.
Arguably the best examples of how inflated salaries some owners pay end up hurting their teams are Dallas and New Orleans. Jerry Jones had to cut his best player (Ware) because he counted $16M against their cap. That's absolutely insane...and he did it to himself and his team. Look at what the Saints are going through to keep Jimmy Graham. They franchised him as a TE, but he asked for an exception because he lines up as a WR most of the time. If he wins (I think he might), it'll cost the Saints another $5-6M. Now they're trying to trade Sproles....insane. Talk about your dysfunctional FO-head coach relationships...wow.

I got really irritated with all the national and even local Harbaugh vs Baalke BS...I wrote some scathing e-mails/blogs chastizing the writers because they deserved it. I harkened back to the Walsh era...Bill was not only head coach, but GM, too, and it was Bill's way or the highway. I've read about some of the battles he had w/Eddie D and Carmen Policy. Their commonality was winning, just as it is now w/Baalke and Harbaugh. I was impressed with Baalke's maneuvers yesterday...he lost Whitner, but gained Bethea. Re-signed Eric Wright, who may become our senior CB if Brown signs elsewhere. Traded for Blaine Gabbert, a bit of a surprise, but not when you realize that both Baalke and Harbaugh like the guy. Traded for Jonathan Martin, another guy TB and JH like. Yeah, there's real friction there, eh. Give me a freakin' break, media.
VERY well said. There's no way these trades happen if the rift was anywhere near as dramatic as people say.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Arguably the best examples of how inflated salaries some owners pay end up hurting their teams are Dallas and New Orleans. Jerry Jones had to cut his best player (Ware) because he counted $16M against their cap. That's absolutely insane...and he did it to himself and his team. Look at what the Saints are going through to keep Jimmy Graham. They franchised him as a TE, but he asked for an exception because he lines up as a WR most of the time. If he wins (I think he might), it'll cost the Saints another $5-6M. Now they're trying to trade Sproles....insane. Talk about your dysfunctional FO-head coach relationships...wow.

I got really irritated with all the national and even local Harbaugh vs Baalke BS...I wrote some scathing e-mails/blogs chastizing the writers because they deserved it. I harkened back to the Walsh era...Bill was not only head coach, but GM, too, and it was Bill's way or the highway. I've read about some of the battles he had w/Eddie D and Carmen Policy. Their commonality was winning, just as it is now w/Baalke and Harbaugh. I was impressed with Baalke's maneuvers yesterday...he lost Whitner, but gained Bethea. Re-signed Eric Wright, who may become our senior CB if Brown signs elsewhere. Traded for Blaine Gabbert, a bit of a surprise, but not when you realize that both Baalke and Harbaugh like the guy. Traded for Jonathan Martin, another guy TB and JH like. Yeah, there's real friction there, eh. Give me a freakin' break, media.
Well stated!
Excellent post!

Yesterday was uplifting and I still feel there will be the "Surprise" Baalke signing.

Also, anyone who thinks that Baalke just goes out and gets players w/out consulting JH is delusional.

They work together and this season will be ours!

Great points here.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Excellent post!

Yesterday was uplifting and I still feel there will be the "Surprise" Baalke signing.

Also, anyone who thinks that Baalke just goes out and gets players w/out consulting JH is delusional.

They work together and this season will be ours!

I would bet that Baalke talks with Harbaugh, Roman, Fangio, and gets input from the position coaches.

Wash, rinse, repeat

POTY!!!! OUTSTANDING!!

Originally posted by NCommand:

Well stated!

Agree...they are both professionals under contract. They didn't succeed to the jobs they have by being unprofessional. I worry constantly about all things niners but the hyperbole from many in the media is just selling papers. This is the best way to shut people up though! This and winning!
Don't be fooled! Whitner signed with Cleveland because he wants to keep playing for Harbaugh! THE TRADE!