There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers trade for Jonathan Martin

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,234
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Since he seems to playing like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, who is our back-up swing tackle? Snyder?

until he improves (dramatically) that's what I'll be thinking of when his name pops up. At first, TBH, I thought this guy was gonna beat out Snyder (hands down), but Snyder would slap this guy silly, man. Snyder might be average, but he's tough. Maybe one of the 2nd yr guys or rook can step up.


Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by LVJay:
wasn't he already weak before he even got mono

Your probably right. With our coaches I'm just trying to stay positive. Hoping for more protection? If he is a dud. Than he is a dud. But if he was sick lets just give him a chance. If not than he is not meant for this team.

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/mononucleosis/overview.html

You guys (more optimistic ones) are right... I'm not giving up hope... he's just giving me all kinds of reasons to joke around

Someone in here mentioned about bad habits / poor technique that he may have acquired down in Miami... on top of that, the Mono does take time to recover from. Also, it doesn't help that he's getting clowned by our young guns (they ain't no joke). I don't think he's been as horrible as we make it sound in here, plus it doesn't help when the reports mainly speak of his (ground techniques)

I have faith in our coaches, for sure, but there's only so much coaching can do... we'd all like to know if the mental toughness is in him or not.
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
My sources confirm Jonathan Martin is INDEED The Snuggle Bear, this is what he does in the off season.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Since he seems to playing like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, who is our back-up swing tackle? Snyder?

  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,900
martin just had mono before camp; you have to cut him some slack.
you're not your true self for a few weeks after, and you lose all the fitness during down time.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Okay for the record, the rap on Martin here is based on ONE one-on-one pass blocking drill and the rest is PURE hearsay until I see more "scouting reports saying that everyone beats him" and it better not be any one of the Cohns. As far as I can tell, I've not hear much at all about Martin and I've been following pretty closely I think. Most times writers post the highlights and low lights of practice and rarely talk about the mundane. If some of you "keep reading he gets beat" I would really like to see the evidence (and this needs to be more than ONE practice on ONE day).

Actually I've read more about Tank not being ready, Ian Williams prognosis coming back from his injury anytime soon becomes less likely, injuries at WR, RB and have only heard McDonald is great sometimes has big drops at others.

Agree about all the Martin stuff. Some of the dudes in here are worse than ESPN keeping old stories going. And Wtf is with calling him gay? He's emotional and doesn't like being emotionally and verbally abused so he's gay? That's pretty f**kin ignorant.

It seems to me like there's been a lot of good stuff about Carradine looking great.
Can he be eligible for IR? How does a grown man get mono?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,234
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Can he be eligible for IR? How does a grown man get mono?

Exactly. Older adults are usually immune to the virus... maybe he's still not old enough

Drinking off someone else glass, sharing utensils, but mostly from kissing... maybe sharing cake

Not sure about IR though.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???

Lol at b***h doll
Originally posted by xcfan:
martin just had mono before camp; you have to cut him some slack.
you're not your true self for a few weeks after, and you lose all the fitness during down time.

Did he have mono in Miami? Cuz he sucked there too.
This guy is Boones leverage. Nobody in their right mind wants to watch this guy start.... ever. Martin is a huge downgrade and Boone knows it.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by xcfan:
martin just had mono before camp; you have to cut him some slack.
you're not your true self for a few weeks after, and you lose all the fitness during down time.

Did he have mono in Miami? Cuz he sucked there too.

I hear you catch mono from persistent sucking.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I hear you catch mono from persistent sucking.

Literally? Be careful, sticks and stones breaks bones
and even words breaks this guy lol
Give the guy a chance before you all starts jumping off the cliff. Should change the name of this site to 49erspaniczone.com
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Okay for the record, the rap on Martin here is based on ONE one-on-one pass blocking drill and the rest is PURE hearsay until I see more "scouting reports saying that everyone beats him" and it better not be any one of the Cohns. As far as I can tell, I've not hear much at all about Martin and I've been following pretty closely I think. Most times writers post the highlights and low lights of practice and rarely talk about the mundane. If some of you "keep reading he gets beat" I would really like to see the evidence (and this needs to be more than ONE practice on ONE day).

Actually I've read more about Tank not being ready, Ian Williams prognosis coming back from his injury anytime soon becomes less likely, injuries at WR, RB and have only heard McDonald is great sometimes has big drops at others.

Agree about all the Martin stuff. Some of the dudes in here are worse than ESPN keeping old stories going. And Wtf is with calling him gay? He's emotional and doesn't like being emotionally and verbally abused so he's gay? That's pretty f**kin ignorant.

It seems to me like there's been a lot of good stuff about Carradine looking great.

Why you gotta talk about "Gay" like it's a bad thing? Bunch of RACISTS around this b*tch.
we have no depth at Tackle, it concerns me
Whats with the hatr thread? Weve had plenty of developmental play on the line the last twoyears i dont remember anyone getting on looney kilgore bykowski like this.. Hope he keeps working hard and trains right.
...