49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
wasn't he already weak before he even got mono
So no QB contact???
Originally posted by LVJay:

Your probably right. With our coaches I'm just trying to stay positive. Hoping for more protection? If he is a dud. Than he is a dud. But if he was sick lets just give him a chance. If not than he is not meant for this team.

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/mononucleosis/overview.html
Since he seems to playing like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, who is our back-up swing tackle? Snyder?
Kap shouldn't play this week.
  • -AC-
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

If they schedule his playing time like they did last pre-season, I don't think you have much to worry about...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Giedi.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by crake49:
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

it sounds crazy but

Whoa! I think it's the mono. But you can get mono from anyone who has it - boy or girl.

Oh I know, Giedi... I was just going by "rumor has it".... I don't believe it, but if it were true, I wouldn't be upset or anything. It would be his prerogative and nothing else matters. He and MS can even do the whole cake deal if they wanted to and I wouldn't even trip

You sure?

Yes, Chico, I am sure ....

If this dude was killing it in camp and on game day, I would totally support him (even if he was gay). I might upchuck my food if he and MS were kissing on TV doe .

Originally posted by -AC-:
Originally posted by niners94:

If they schedule his playing time like they did last pre-season, I don't think you have much to worry about...

Ok, just handoffs only.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Since he seems to playing like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, who is our back-up swing tackle? Snyder?

until he improves (dramatically) that's what I'll be thinking of when his name pops up. At first, TBH, I thought this guy was gonna beat out Snyder (hands down), but Snyder would slap this guy silly, man. Snyder might be average, but he's tough. Maybe one of the 2nd yr guys or rook can step up.

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Your probably right. With our coaches I'm just trying to stay positive. Hoping for more protection? If he is a dud. Than he is a dud. But if he was sick lets just give him a chance. If not than he is not meant for this team.

http://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/mononucleosis/overview.html

You guys (more optimistic ones) are right... I'm not giving up hope... he's just giving me all kinds of reasons to joke around

Someone in here mentioned about bad habits / poor technique that he may have acquired down in Miami... on top of that, the Mono does take time to recover from. Also, it doesn't help that he's getting clowned by our young guns (they ain't no joke). I don't think he's been as horrible as we make it sound in here, plus it doesn't help when the reports mainly speak of his (ground techniques)

I have faith in our coaches, for sure, but there's only so much coaching can do... we'd all like to know if the mental toughness is in him or not.
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 5, 2014 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
My sources confirm Jonathan Martin is INDEED The Snuggle Bear, this is what he does in the off season.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

• xcfan
  • Veteran
martin just had mono before camp; you have to cut him some slack.
you're not your true self for a few weeks after, and you lose all the fitness during down time.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Okay for the record, the rap on Martin here is based on ONE one-on-one pass blocking drill and the rest is PURE hearsay until I see more "scouting reports saying that everyone beats him" and it better not be any one of the Cohns. As far as I can tell, I've not hear much at all about Martin and I've been following pretty closely I think. Most times writers post the highlights and low lights of practice and rarely talk about the mundane. If some of you "keep reading he gets beat" I would really like to see the evidence (and this needs to be more than ONE practice on ONE day).

Actually I've read more about Tank not being ready, Ian Williams prognosis coming back from his injury anytime soon becomes less likely, injuries at WR, RB and have only heard McDonald is great sometimes has big drops at others.

Agree about all the Martin stuff. Some of the dudes in here are worse than ESPN keeping old stories going. And Wtf is with calling him gay? He's emotional and doesn't like being emotionally and verbally abused so he's gay? That's pretty f**kin ignorant.

It seems to me like there's been a lot of good stuff about Carradine looking great.
Can he be eligible for IR? How does a grown man get mono?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Can he be eligible for IR? How does a grown man get mono?

Exactly. Older adults are usually immune to the virus... maybe he's still not old enough

Drinking off someone else glass, sharing utensils, but mostly from kissing... maybe sharing cake

Not sure about IR though.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???

Lol at b***h doll
Share 49ersWebzone