There are 342 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by crake49:
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

it sounds crazy but

Whoa! I think it's the mono. But you can get mono from anyone who has it - boy or girl.

Oh I know, Giedi... I was just going by "rumor has it".... I don't believe it, but if it were true, I wouldn't be upset or anything. It would be his prerogative and nothing else matters. He and MS can even do the whole cake deal if they wanted to and I wouldn't even trip

You sure?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It's not that JM sucks it's just that Okoye is that damn good!

Everyone looks damn good going against Martin.

The dude is getting pancacked more than IHOP! And so is Bykowski. Damn, we need a real swing-T badly. God, I do not want to have to rely on either of those guys or Snyder either. At the same time, I don't want to have to move Boone to T either should there be an injury. It's a big weakness b/c Staley and Davis are usually nicked up a bit perpetually but tough it out. Martin better step up and step up quickly!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It's not that JM sucks it's just that Okoye is that damn good!

Everyone looks damn good going against Martin.

The dude is getting pancacked more than IHOP! And so is Bykowski. Damn, we need a real swing-T badly. God, I do not want to have to rely on either of those guys or Snyder either. At the same time, I don't want to have to move Boone to T either should there be an injury. It's a big weakness b/c Staley and Davis are usually nicked up a bit perpetually but tough it out. Martin better step up and step up quickly!
Exactly why I screamed for a good backup last year (not being Boone)...and asked for more this year. We are f**kED if Boone holds out long term.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Exactly why I screamed for a good backup last year (not being Boone)...and asked for more this year. We are f**kED if Boone holds out long term.

we are not f**ked and that is no reason to cave into boone. lets see what martin and the rest of the guys do in pre season before you jump off the cliff.
How Carter Bykowski or Luke Marquardt doing?

If they are doing decent I would almost rather have them than JM.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Bykowski appears to be the top backup at LT with Boone out.

Marquardt is not currently on the team. He was waived via injury settlement. They left open the possibility he is re-signed when he gets healthy.
  • thl408
Is JMartin supposedly a better run blocker or pass blocker? If he's a better pass blocker, that means he must suck big time as a run blocker, being that he is not faring well in pass blocking drills this TC. Was hoping he could play in the jumbo package if he was a better run blocker. Last year, it was Kilgore and Snyder acting as the 2nd/3rd TEs when 49ers went jumbo. I suppose MMartin and Looney have their names in the hat for being in the jumbo package.
Originally posted by thl408:
Is JMartin supposedly a better run blocker or pass blocker? If he's a better pass blocker, that means he must suck big time as a run blocker, being that he is not faring well in pass blocking drills this TC. Was hoping he could play in the jumbo package if he was a better run blocker. Last year, it was Kilgore and Snyder acting as the 2nd/3rd TEs when 49ers went jumbo. I suppose MMartin and Looney have their names in the hat for being in the jumbo package.

Good point re: the jumbo packages. As to Martin, I tihnk we need an objective skill set analysis from someone in here. One report I read today did say that it appears Martin hasn't fully regained his strength from Mono in the Spring. I "hope" that is it...granted he's getting tossed around by some gladiators in Okoye, Aldon, etc. but damn, at least refer to your technique and veteran savy if your strength isn't fully back!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Bykowski appears to be the top backup at LT with Boone out.

Marquardt is not currently on the team. He was waived via injury settlement. They left open the possibility he is re-signed when he gets healthy.

lol derp

I thought that was Netter my bad
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^^ LOL at "Snuggle Bear" .... "pancaked more than IHOP"

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by crake49:
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

it sounds crazy but

Whoa! I think it's the mono. But you can get mono from anyone who has it - boy or girl.

Oh I know, Giedi... I was just going by "rumor has it".... I don't believe it, but if it were true, I wouldn't be upset or anything. It would be his prerogative and nothing else matters. He and MS can even do the whole cake deal if they wanted to and I wouldn't even trip

You sure?

Yes, Chico, I am sure ....

If this dude was killing it in camp and on game day, I would totally support him (even if he was gay). I might upchuck my food if he and MS were kissing on TV doe .
Jonathan Martin, RT, No. 71

Martin may not be at full strength after mononucleosis sidelined him in the spring. He's been pushed around �€" badly at times �€" by some of the 49ers' defensive ends and the Ravens pass rushers will give him plenty to handle as well. He'll start at right tackle in place of Anthony Davis (shoulder). With Boone missing, Martin is the top backup at both tackle spots and he could see action at left tackle once Staley exits the game.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/05/6607574/ten-49ers-to-watch-in-baltimore.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe he is still weak??
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

we are not f**ked and that is no reason to cave into boone. lets see what martin and the rest of the guys do in pre season before you jump off the cliff.

Tell me who you trust to protect Kap's blindside.
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Tell me who you trust to protect Kap's blindside.

Jonathan Rachal

Originally posted by CWin4949:
why the f**k is this b***h doll starting with Kaps health on the line???

lol man, we talkin bout practice, not a game not a game not a game.......
Share 49ersWebzone