LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
This dude is getting pancaked multiple times in every practice, even by Dlinemen that aren't likely to make the team. Poor guy sucks.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Hes actually not having a bad camp, he was completely drained from mono. By the time the 4th preseason game rolls around Martin will be fine. Every lineman gets beat, but he is holding his own. Dont forget he is seeing new competition now. Elite competiion, not the crap he had to go through in MIami. Its a new level for him here.

All lineman get beat but it seems like just about EVERY DL is taking turns owning this dude, and it's not just the elites, even camp fodder.
Just reread the last dozen pages or so, and it does not read well. Granted, I am not there, seeing this, but the reporting is not friendly. This sounds like a guy just about to get a bus ticket back home.
LMFAO this guy is done. saw this coming a mile away. I think Coach just felt bad for this kid, and wanted to give him a second chance in life, if he likes being on his ass so much time for a desk job.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
We'll see with time, if he's had mono then he's not been able to train in the off season. He needs to regain strength and conditioning.
All this BS about having to be a mean and nasty person is rubbish... Here's a player that should be in the Hall of Fame and is known by his teammates as possibly the nicest man in the world who couldn't hurt a fly. However, when you talk to the players that played against him, they say... "He was a monster that would not be stopped". He played on the other side of the ball, at defensive tackle, but none-the-less his example makes my point. That player is this man...

Rosey Grier
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
All this BS about having to be a mean and nasty person is rubbish... Here's a player that should be in the Hall of Fame and is known by his teammates as possibly the nicest man in the world who couldn't hurt a fly. However, when you talk to the players that played against him, they say... "He was a monster that would not be stopped". He played on the other side of the ball, at defensive tackle, but none-the-less his example makes my point. That player is this man...

Rosey Grier
he also came close to saving bobby kennedy
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by vermonator:

Rosey Grier
he also came close to saving bobby kennedy

...and if you ask him, he'd say he would have gladly taken that bullet instead.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's got sand in his vagina and he can't get it out.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
We'll see with time, if he's had mono then he's not been able to train in the off season. He needs to regain strength and conditioning.

I hope this is the case.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll reserve judgement until we see him play in pre-season, but reports coming out of camp are not encouraging. Seems like the entire d-line is taking turns schooling this kid. Can't handle the bull-rush and his hand fighting technique sucks. Pure finesse player at this point. He'll never make it at this rate.

lol don't be sad. There's still time for him to turn it around. He's back in his comfort zone playing for Harbaugh, and is experienced in the offense. He has to get physically and mentally stronger though.

That mono may have set him back. I hope he still has time to regain strength and make the team.
Everybody tried to blame the circumstances in MIA instead of realizing he just might not be that good of a player. Seems like he loses every camp battle. Maybe he plays better under the bright lights. Time will tell.
He better not get Kap Killed out there during preseason if not i'll personally call Richie to come whoop his a$$
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see
Originally posted by LVJay:
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

Share 49ersWebzone