LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok good but whatd the 49ers give up for JMARTIN?????
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

5th rd pick
Nice!
Martin becomes the top backup tackle, with Looney in line as a backup OG hopefully this means we can dump Adam Snyder, anybody know what that would do to the cap?
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/3/11/5498768/49ers-trade-for-jonathan-martin-conditional-draft-pick
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:

5th rd pick

This year??? Why not a 7th??? Dang, we are running out of picks but Coach Harbaugh and Mike Solari will work WONDERS with Jonathan Martin. This could be a STEAL!!!!!!!!
i hope that was for a 7th. not bad. they needed depth. has more talent than anyone in the late rounds and is cheaper than free agents because of the rookie contract. hopefully Harbaugh can coach him up again.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:

5th rd pick

This year??? Why not a 7th??? Dang, we are running out of picks but Coach Harbaugh and Mike Solari will work WONDERS with Jonathan Martin. This could be a STEAL!!!!!!!!

Link? I would be fine with that.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Talent? Dude was one of the worst OT in the NFL the last 2 years

They could convert him to a guard like they did with Boone. I think it's a smart pickup. If he has the drive to succeed he's in the right place. Personally I like the versatility he could offer. He has long arms and good footwork. Ultimately you can be as critical as you want but clearly Baalke seems to think he has more potential than he showed in Miami. It's not like he's a 5 year vet. He played a season and a half under horrible locker room conditions. It's just so ridiculous to make snap judgements on him at this point.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You're the guy who's going to look mighty stupid about 8 months from now.

I really really hope so.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jonathan A. Martin ‏@J_Martin71

Opportunities are few in the NFL... Can't wait to get to work #9erEmpire
The remaining 2 years on Martins contract are non guaranteed. That is a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if we traded a 6th or 7th that can move up to a 5 based on pt, or nothing if he doesn't make the team. My guess is that the pick is for '15
Excellent. Now they have the backup swing tackle they've been looking for and at a likely discount as well.
Very nice pickup. Media crap aside, the guy is a really talented lineman who obviously has a familiarity with this coaching staff and system.
There is no way we gave up a 5th. Probably a 7th in 2015
Share 49ersWebzone