LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by ethan:
I think I took a wrong turn. It sounds like a seventh grade classroom in here.

I can't help but be amused by armchair prognosticators sitting at their keyboards with a bag of Cheetos musing about how someone like Jonathan Martin has any value.Give me a break.

Fixed

That's your fix, keyboard cowboy. And, I'm sure you think you know more about NFL talent than Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh. Take another handful of cheetos and imagine that you could be a tenth as tough as Jonathan Martin on your best day.

Someone on the internet.....talking about another person.....on the internet.....being or not being tough.....or whatever-the-hell you're talking about??....oooook

[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM ]
Someone on the internet.....talking about another person.....on the internet.....being or not being tough.....or whatever-the-hell you're talking about??....oooook

You really don't get it, do you? I don't know what you think this is about, but what I'm talking about is people on the internet sitting at their keyboards and questioning the toughness of an NFL player. And, on top of that, you think you're being clever. Yikes.

You really don't get it, do you? I don't know what you think this is about, but what I'm talking about is people on the internet sitting at their keyboards and questioning the toughness of an NFL player. And, on top of that, you think you're being clever. Yikes.

Chill out, folks.... It's not that crucial.

Originally posted by kidash98:
Chill out, folks.... It's not that crucial.

I agree. It started with me saying I found it amusing. Amusing is not crucial. Then, Einstein here changed my post to say Jonathan Martin has no value. I don't appreciate people making it look like I think a Niner player has no value. I actually think posters should be warned for changing other posters' posts to make it look like they posted something completely different from what they were trying to say.
I agree. It started with me saying I found it amusing. Amusing is not crucial. Then, Einstein here changed my post to say Jonathan Martin has no value. I don't appreciate people making it look like I think a Niner player has no value. I actually think posters should be warned for changing other posters' posts to make it look like they posted something completely different from what they were trying to say.

No need to attack the poster, attack his idea instead. You seem like a passionate guy, and it shows, but no need to belittle someone disagreeing with your post.

Originally posted by kidash98:
No need to attack the poster, attack his idea instead. You seem like a passionate guy, and it shows, but no need to belittle someone disagreeing with your post.

You're right. Sorry about that. I guess I'm passionate about quite a few things, but one of the things I find extremely annoying is belittling the players as being "trash" or having no value. I just feel like that's incredibly clueless. It's not like we're talking about professional bowling or something, where you can take a few bites of your nachos and a slug of brew between plays. These guys are, by an large, the most disciplined, talented and gifted professional athletes on the planet. The worst guy on an NFL team, the guy who spends the season on the bench, was probably the greatest athlete to ever come out of his home town.
You're right. Sorry about that. I guess I'm passionate about quite a few things, but one of the things I find extremely annoying is belittling the players as being "trash" or having no value. I just feel like that's incredibly clueless. It's not like we're talking about professional bowling or something, where you can take a few bites of your nachos and a slug of brew between plays. These guys are, by an large, the most disciplined, talented and gifted professional athletes on the planet. The worst guy on an NFL team, the guy who spends the season on the bench, was probably the greatest athlete to ever come out of his home town.

Fair points. And lulz on the PBA reference....

Now that the personal silliness is out the way, I want to address a few things.....

I understood what you were sayin and had no problem with it. I personally dont care to debate any indiviuals so-called toughness. YOU did not get the point I was trying to make by changing your post. My intention was just to say it amused me as well how so-called internet experts try to convince others that Martin has value to this team. I personally dont feel that he does. .Thats my opinion, its ok for EVERYONE to have one.

Dude's handling of how he was treated in MIA has been debated over n over again, and my or anyone elses so-called " toughness" I tried to sidestep because I felt it was some b******t. How the hell is anyone gonna guage how "tough" someone is over the f**king internet? You cant, so I saw no reason to address what I saw as something simple anyone with common sense could grasp. I saw no need to address my opinion of him, the different types of toughness, nor lol i guess defend my own personal toughness. Therefore the " "

IMHO,I dont think any poster gives a rats ass what a poster here appreciates. Last I checked this is a public forum for ALL 9er fans to state and discuss their OPINIONS. All I offered was my opinion on peoples view of Martin's value to the team. Me changing the post, Ive seen that thousands of times. It was just a somewhat lazy, lol short way of stating my opinion. As this post proves, lol dude I'm long winded. I wasnt trying to make it look like you were saying anything. No harm, no foul.

The whole "warning for changing a post" thing I think is total nonsense, but thats a persons opinion, as well as my opposing view also, so wtf ever lol. Thats why neither one of us are MODS.

I wonder why post on a public forum if a another poster changing a post bothers the originator enough to attack that individual??

I personally wasnt belittling Martin,and dont agree that saying a player is garbage or sorry is belittling. lol I thought they were big, strong, tough physical specimens and the best athletes on the planet?? Im damn sure they hear waaaaay f**kin worse on THE FIELD and from the stands lol. You can almost trust me they'll be ok. They have thick skin, remember their "tough". Hell, its not like they even read ANY of the s**t we say anyway lol.

I remember hearing something about Incognito's dad on the 'Phins forums. lol Id be lying if I said some of this didnt sound like someone was related to Martin with all the defending and passion.(Im jus sayin).

So in closing dude, REf**kINGLAX, we're both fans of the same team. Lets be passionate about defending our QB from all the haters. Lets both pray Aldon skates with a slap on the wrist, Roman fits all the wideouts into the gameplan, our secondary doesnt regress this year with all the news faces, and we get a 6th for Gore this year before he retires lmao.

Ps....If you're anywhere close to Ohio, come on through n crack a few brews, or smoke one wit ya boy during the season on me. Cheers
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jul 17, 2014 at 2:13 AM ]
So fans on here actually think Martin wouldn't be a good swing T for us in the HarBo system?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So fans on here actually think Martin wouldn't be a good swing T for us in the HarBo system?

hey, 2nd round pick, still very young, in a good locker room for the 1st time in his NFL career, played in Harbaugh/Roman system in college. Yes I think he very well could succeed here.

Originally posted by matt49er:

hey, 2nd round pick, still very young, in a good locker room for the 1st time in his NFL career, played in Harbaugh/Roman system in college. Yes I think he very well could succeed here.

Yeah, you'd think...not sure I'm understanding the claims fans don't think he's good before he even takes a snap HERE.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Yeah, you'd think...not sure I'm understanding the claims fans don't think he's good before he even takes a snap HERE.

An uninformed opinion, in my opinion. I'm intrigued and hopeful for the guy. I would like to see him take over at back up tackle as Staley's bad back could be an issue as he ages. Boone could move to LT but he's a question right now as well and I'd rather see him be solid at one position for now. What's funny to me is that many rate Marquardt ahead of Martin without any way to compare the two.

Miami made a terrible mistake using Incognito to mentor/terrorize Martin and allow him to be a leader in the locker room. It's not so bad to have a crazy guy on your team, ala Haley, but when you empower him to bully team mates...wow! Haley bullied, or tried to bully, Steve Young but the team didn't put him in charge of Young and make Young accountable to him. Can't even imagine what was going on in the Miami GM/coaches minds during the past couple of years!
I keep hearing he's getting beat pretty bad out there dont tell me we have Kwame Harris 2.0 on our hands if he is thrown into action during the season i fear for Kap's safety

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I keep hearing he's getting beat pretty bad out there dont tell me we have Kwame Harris 2.0 on our hands if he is thrown into action during the season i fear for Kap's safety

He isn't exactly going up against slouches.
Everybody beats this guy in practice. But that is really no surprise if you watch him play he is clearly not NFL material. He is physically and mentally soft. I hope we cut him and use the roster spot on somebody better.
Share 49ersWebzone