There are 356 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LVJay:
I hope they let Brooks, Aldon and all the d-linemen have one on one sessions with JM all through camp. He'd have to develop into something competent/good after that... wouldn't he?

a good face smashing with a beer bottle will fix this cupcake right up!
There is no better place Martin could be than w/JH and the Niners.

I'm really hoping he is the swing tackle we've been looking for.

He has real game experience and our coaches know him - his pluses and minuses.

They'll bring him along and toughen him up the right way getting the best out of him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
a good face smashing with a beer bottle will fix this cupcake right up!

harsh for a cupcake
He had no problem blocking for Andrew Luck. I think he is on the perfect team all he has to worry about is football.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
You have to assume that Martin learned a lot of lessons from his time in Miami. He came from a privledged background and went to a privledged school. Probably the first time he had to deal with the seamier side of life on a regular basis. He is not the same person as when he arrived as a rookie at the Dolphins camp.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
He had no problem blocking for Andrew Luck.

I disagree. I always thought Martin was one of the most overrated players in college football.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ethan:
You have to assume that Martin learned a lot of lessons from his time in Miami. He came from a privledged background and went to a privledged school. Probably the first time he had to deal with the seamier side of life on a regular basis. He is not the same person as when he arrived as a rookie at the Dolphins camp.

true. if you spend time on the stanford campus, you'd think you're on a different planet.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Just reading some Maiocco notes and saw this

--Jonathan Martin, who returned to the practice field after missing some time with mononucleosis, shared practice time with Adam Snyder at right tackle on the first team.

lol this dude has mono now?
Originally posted by Muggins:
Just reading some Maiocco notes and saw this

--Jonathan Martin, who returned to the practice field after missing some time with mononucleosis, shared practice time with Adam Snyder at right tackle on the first team.

lol this dude has mono now?

Well...people said he should "kiss and make up" with Incognito. Somebody should have told him not to take that literally.
Already sick of Martin and it isn't even TC....

Originally posted by CWin4949:

Yup. If you hire a clown, the circus is sure to follow. This guy is a chump through and through.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Yup. If you hire a clown, the circus is sure to follow. This guy is a chump through and through.

We don't need him rubbing his hebeegeebees off on our championship level team...

Totally agree, but he's still probably better than a 6th-round rookie; so I have no problem with trading for him. I hope a young guy beats him out for a roster spot, but if nobody does, they could do a lot worse at tackle(backup) than Martin IMO.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Totally agree, but he's still probably better than a 6th-round rookie; so I have no problem with trading for him. I hope a young guy beats him out for a roster spot, but if nobody does, they could do a lot worse at tackle(backup) than Martin IMO.

Did he even pass his physical
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Did he even pass his physical

I don't remember reading anything specific on it but I believe he would have had to pass the physical for the trade to be complete.
Share 49ersWebzone