LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Not sure how I feel about this. If he invited Kap and Kap opted out, I'm pissed at Kap. If he kept it quiet and Kap didn't know about it, then Gabbert seems pretty chickensh1t.

Yea that's true. I just think it's cool that there's somebody that actually wants to be on the 49ers as bad as Blaine does right now lol.

I do have a feeling he did it behind Kaps back though. He's been trying to do all these extra things to one up Kap, like greeting new players and letting everyone know how hard he's dug into Kellys playbook. Its cool that he wants to be here, but it means nothing more than that to me. One up him in the TC battle, that's all that truly matters to me when deciding who to start. Maybe he doesn't think he can beat him outright so he feels he needs to do all this extra
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Receivers just got together to play catch with our backup qb. Nothing to see here

Ahem, the starting QB. Kap got benched and has never been named the starter since. Gabbert was the starter last half of the season and all through OTA's. Rught now it is an open competition, so technically they didn't invite the backup to come out and play with the starters.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

#CampBlaine
Hmm, i seem to remember some good things happening in the past when a 49ers QB decided to organize throwing sessions on their own while coming off of a bad year...

Yup, I do too.

Blaine definitely wants it the most it seems, which is awesome tbh, but we'll see. We ended up 26th in passing last time we had QB organized throwing sessions, and not one 1000 yd receiver. That defense is gone and it doesn't look like our schedule will be the easiest in the NFL like 2011, so hopefully it actually helps our passing game this time

Not sure how I feel about this. If he invited Kap and Kap opted out, I'm pissed at Kap. If he kept it quiet and Kap didn't know about it, then Gabbert seems pretty chickensh1t.

If none of the WR's told him then we know who they think the starting QB should be.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
If none of the WR's told him then we know who they think the starting QB should be.

If the guy that organized it didn't invite him, why would he go? Patton is great friends with Kap, he definitely knew about it
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NCommand:

#CampBlaine
Hmm, i seem to remember some good things happening in the past when a 49ers QB decided to organize throwing sessions on their own while coming off of a bad year...

Yup, I do too.

Blaine definitely wants it the most it seems, which is awesome tbh, but we'll see. We ended up 26th in passing last time we had QB organized throwing sessions, and not one 1000 yd receiver. That defense is gone and it doesn't look like our schedule will be the easiest in the NFL like 2011, so hopefully it actually helps our passing game this time

Maybe it was just, "hey lots go toss the rock around", and they happened to hang together, lol. It might be that simple that they have spent some time getting to know each other. I don't think it is a huge deal. And if no one invited Kap, intentionally, well it was more than just Blaine involved in that decision. Now that situation might be a bit worrisome. By the way, who does Kap hang out with on the team? Does he stay in the area? Build off field relationships? Not required, but some people like to do that.
Receivers just got together to play catch with our backup qb. Nothing to see here

Kap wasn't included in the reports I read?

From what I read, Kap was in Colorado getting clearance to play at the time
49ers Gabbert got pre-camp throws in with receivers
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2016/07/30/49ers-notes/?doing_wp_cron=1469920211.5928370952606201171875
This is not a big deal they had one informal session earlier this week. "Oh no, Kap wasn't involved. What a total slacker." Cuz he was in CO getting a final checkup on his rehab. Torrey Smith wanted to have a few more pre-training camp practices with Gabbert and the other WRs, but his new baby sort of took precedent.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jul 30, 2016 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This is not a big deal they had one informal session earlier this week. "Oh no, Kap wasn't involved. What a total slacker." Cuz he was in CO getting a final checkup on his rehab. Torrey Smith wanted to have a few more pre-training camp practices with Gabbert and the other WRs, but his new baby sort of took precedent.

Yeah, I didn't think it was huge that Kap wasn't there. I did think it was good to see some players taking time to work off the field together.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Kap wasn't included in the reports I read?

They had a barbecue afterwards... they eat meat, he don't
  • Stud
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by crake49:
He has wheels

His speed is closer to Kaepernick's than most people give him credit for IMO. He's a little quicker, but maybe a little slower in the long run.

I was honestly shocked at how quick he was last year, I didnt expect that

Should have seen it coming based off their combine numbers. Gabbert ran a 4.62 which wasn't as fast as Kaepernick, but had a better broad jump, vertical, and 3 cone. He's a solid athlete and it was silly that everyone was assuming Kaepernick would win the starting role in Chip's offense because he's a little faster.

This. Gabbert is a stud and I want his child

Originally posted by Stud:

I'll fight you for it

I'll fight you for it

That's called kidnapping.
Yea that's true. I just think it's cool that there's somebody that actually wants to be on the 49ers as bad as Blaine does right now lol.

I do have a feeling he did it behind Kaps back though. He's been trying to do all these extra things to one up Kap, like greeting new players and letting everyone know how hard he's dug into Kellys playbook. Its cool that he wants to be here, but it means nothing more than that to me. One up him in the TC battle, that's all that truly matters to me when deciding who to start. Maybe he doesn't think he can beat him outright so he feels he needs to do all this extra

Thats what I think is going on, which is smart on his part... Ish is starting to get real now. It definitely helps his cause though. Kaep is definitely the more talented player by far imho. We'll see how prepared he is physically and mentally though. Like I always tell my kids, "preparation beats talent when talent fails to prepare". Should be a great battle, we'll see how it plays out.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I'll fight you for it

That's called kidnapping.

beat me to it.
I remember reading Gabbert didn't perform as well once Kaepernick started being able to practice.
Share 49ersWebzone