LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
My 2011 draft crush actually has a chance to turn into sumthin!

If anyone can redeem him, Harbaugh can.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers and QB Blaine Gabbert expected to rework final year of his original contract to, potentially, serve as backup.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-acquire-qb-gabbert-jaguars

There you go 1 year for 2,011,000 bet we rework that to around 750k and we have a guy 3 years younger than McCoy with more potential and more starts under his belt I believe.

Yep! Restructure and extend, build up value, and trade.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by luis1985:
He sucks so bad but for a 6th round pick... Who cares, specially if he reworks his contract. I trust Harbaugh to make him into a serviceable QB at least.

Baalke and Harbaugh have had a LOT of success with taking 1st round busts and getting value.

Except the ones that they draft.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell

More than twice as much. $2.01m to $973k RT @Hatlaka: @billbarnwell Gabbert gets paid more than Kaepernick right?

I like Harbaugh getting another QB project in Blaine Gabbert. If anybody can get him to perform it's Harbs. Kinda surprised we agreed to take on $2.01M though, depending on what Dawson and Bethea we probably don't have much of nothing left when you factor in what it will take to sign our draft picks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think what this really means is we wont be drafting a QB before round 5.
Championship?
Low-risk deal to potentially work a young guy from a bad situation into a backup role.

Not bad.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Whoa. He's been nothing short of awful in 3 years, but Harbaugh did recruit him to Stanford. Let's hope he can be a decent #2.

Harbaugh will have his work cut out for him.

I hope we avoid the musical chairs at back-up quarterback this year.

Stick with the back-ups and coach them up.

If Harbaugh can fix Gabbert then we have a shot at having Kap play 100% all season instead of being held back for fear of injury...if that is indeed true.

Just the next reason Kap won't be running in the regular season. In that pic from the 2011 combine his facial expression looks like "who's this Kaepernick dude? He looks like a total douche." Maybe his old college teammate Aldon can kick his ass a few times in practice.
BLAME GABBERT!!!! FOR A 6TH ROUNDER!!!

New ESPN 30 in 30, the BLAMEY 6! After Blame wins 3 SBs with the 9ers!!! The new Brady!!!!

KAP! YOURE ON NOTICE SON!!!! NOBODY HOLDS A CLIPBOARD BETTER THAN BLAME!!!!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
My 2011 draft crush actually has a chance to turn into sumthin!

If anyone can redeem him, Harbaugh can.

If JH can turn Alex Smith into an actual NFL QB, he can turn Gabbert into one.
now the jimmy garapollo fan boys will get their panties in a wad
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by luis1985:
He sucks so bad but for a 6th round pick... Who cares, specially if he reworks his contract. I trust Harbaugh to make him into a serviceable QB at least.

Baalke and Harbaugh have had a LOT of success with taking 1st round busts and getting value.

Except the ones that they draft.

LOL... There's only 1 first round bust so far that is on them.
Share 49ersWebzone