LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Concerned about the Secondary??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Concerned about the Secondary??

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Niners4ever:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Darrelle Revis informed the Bucs that he prefers to be dealt to the 49ers if he had his choice sources tell Pro Football Central . Other teams such as the Browns are making a hard push to acquire the former Jet.

He wants to face Sherman! Then again, he said the same thing last year as well. You want a championship? Come here for $5M and build your legacy. You've had your money!

Revis wont take a pay cut.
Watching what's unfolding in free agency, especially in the secondary is giving me a great feeling about the draft. We absolutely do not need to get a CB or safety until the mid-rounds unless the one they want is there are the right pick. This give them so much more flexibility on draft day to take BPA or move up to acquire a real playmaker like Evans if they think he could be Julio Jones type of addition(don't think he is however). The point is that through free agency he is creating immense flexibility come draft day. This will allow him to take advantage of all kinds of possibilities for moving up or down, or back to next year as he won't have an absolutely pressing need that must be addressed.
Gabbert is the only one I have some minor questions about, but again, the price is minimal and the upside could be large.
I'm feeling a little antsy. Especially if we lose Brown. We need to draft 2 corners and a safety with the first 5 picks.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm feeling a little antsy. Especially if we lose Brown. We need to draft 2 corners and a safety with the first 5 picks.
We don't have to take a S that high now. Especially to reach for one worthy of taking. We do need Speed at WR though
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Darrelle Revis informed the Bucs that he prefers to be dealt to the 49ers if he had his choice sources tell Pro Football Central . Other teams such as the Browns are making a hard push to acquire the former Jet.

He wants to face Sherman! Then again, he said the same thing last year as well. You want a championship? Come here for $5M and build your legacy. You've had your money!

Revis wont take a pay cut.

Then he can continue to play for the Bucs/Browns of the world.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Watching what's unfolding in free agency, especially in the secondary is giving me a great feeling about the draft. We absolutely do not need to get a CB or safety until the mid-rounds unless the one they want is there are the right pick. This give them so much more flexibility on draft day to take BPA or move up to acquire a real playmaker like Evans if they think he could be Julio Jones type of addition(don't think he is however). The point is that through free agency he is creating immense flexibility come draft day. This will allow him to take advantage of all kinds of possibilities for moving up or down, or back to next year as he won't have an absolutely pressing need that must be addressed.
Gabbert is the only one I have some minor questions about, but again, the price is minimal and the upside could be large.

This is his M.O. to a tee. His middle name should be "Ammunition." He constantly positions for it...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We don't have to take a S that high now. Especially to reach for one worthy of taking. We do need Speed at WR though

Sure. But if Reid or Bethea go down, it's SPillman or Dahl.

Keep on preachin,chuuuuch!!!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
After signing Bethea and Wright, I feel quite a bit better. Bethea is a quality player, very productive and plays exceptionally smart. 13 penalties in 8 seasons, are you kidding me. Of those, only 3 were PF's, that's outstanding.

Wow,never knew that.Thats a good statline.
After Wright resigned,Bethea acquired,and still having a shot at retaining Brown,the FO has shown it will work out just fine imho.

Not worried at all. Bethea signed and Wright back. Brown, Cromartie, DRC, and a lot of lesser CB still available. Hopefully the CB market dries out and we get Brown back. They have a ton of draft picks and their biggest need is CB and can draft a developmental safety to groom later in the draft.

Look for the 9ers to draft tall CBs since all the FA CB they look at is 6' + or maybe they already have Verret circled and out going after tall CB in the FA market.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Sure. But if Reid or Bethea go down, it's SPillman or Dahl.

We don't need to take players that high just to be backups. Reid, Bethea, and Brock aren't going anywhere for a long time. Players in the first few rounds need to be rotational players/starters within a year or two, not riding the bench in case of injury.
Bump......how bout now folks??

Admittedly I took notice at least because Cully was coming off a major knee injury.Now the infamous hit n run b******t.

He may not even see a courtroom by the middle of the season.Because if he did it,his counsel will draaaaag it out as long as possible.

But,on the other hand,do we even keep him around??Id be all in favor of cuttin our losses,but then Id be a lil more concerned.Cully,Rodgers,Brown,Whitner gone.Now what??

I know this much,the draft will be very intrigueing for us now,and thank God we have so many picks lol.
We have some holes now, but Baalke has a pretty strong record of drafting guys for the secondary and signing FAs.
You better start getting concerned now.
Share 49ersWebzone