There are 228 users in the forums

Is Dobbs $1.43 million salary guaranteed? (Are tendered RFA salaries guaranteed?)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When Dobbs signs his $1.43 million tender, if he does not make the team is that $1.43 mil salary guaranteed?

49ers to tender restricted free agent Demarcus Dobbs
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/07/report-49ers-to-tender-restricted-free-agent-demarcus-dobbs/

I don't know if they have enough room for Dobbs to make the team, since they usually only keep ~6-7 DL
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's not guaranteed. In fact, the 49ers could cut him if they decided to pick DL early with no cap impact.
Reading up on it sounds like it is not guaranteed but not sure what the hit would be if he is cut. I guess if there isn't much of a hit we can still cut him if he is beat out by a mid round rookie or we decide to only keep 7. I guess it's time to cue the AB bat signal for more info.
Non Guaranteed. Can be cut at any time and save the entire amount.
Not guarantee, and chump change. Little risk for a good player.
Good to know. Thanks for the input.
It's a good move as he's good injury insurance.
Although I like Dobbs, I predict that they end up cutting him on the final cut down (unless there are injuries).
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
I thought we would let him go but I guess this is a smart move if he doesn't get an offer we bring him in for camp competition with no risk. He makes it he gets 1.4 mil as the likely last DL on the roster although he would be a tad overpaid. If he isn't good enough and gets beat out by a rookie or say we only keep 7 than we can cut him with no hit. I think he will have to play pretty well to earn 1.4 mil though. TJE will be making a little more than 1/3 of that.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Knew it'd just be a matter of time before you showed up to drop some knowledge on us. Thanks AB
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Knew it'd just be a matter of time before you showed up to drop some knowledge on us. Thanks AB

No problem, any time buddy.
Share 49ersWebzone