There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I know Bowmans out for a while but..

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by susweel:
I love pat but he's no bowman.

I know we are splitting hairs here but I feel Patrick's game is more well rounded. Bowman is the prototypical MLB tackling machine.

Bowman is a better cover guy, better at getting to the QB, and just more disruptive overall. It is on film over the last 2 years if you don't believe me.

This.
I want us to draft Skov out of Stanford. I think he would be a huge compliment to Bowman and when P.Willy gets old (hopefully i die before i have to see that)

No doubt Willis helped Bowman become who he is, I feel Willis could do the same with Skov
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,422
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I want us to draft Skov out of Stanford. I think he would be a huge compliment to Bowman and when P.Willy gets old (hopefully i die before i have to see that)

No doubt Willis helped Bowman become who he is, I feel Willis could do the same with Skov


You want to die in the next 4 or 5 years?
Originally posted by Kes8514:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by susweel:
I love pat but he's no bowman.

I know we are splitting hairs here but I feel Patrick's game is more well rounded. Bowman is the prototypical MLB tackling machine.

Bowman is a better cover guy, better at getting to the QB, and just more disruptive overall. It is on film over the last 2 years if you don't believe me.

This.

Bowman is indeed better than Willis, it's plainly obvious. Willis is still great however, not trying to diminish him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,422
I want to see how Moody develops. He has all the tools but just needed some bulk. He was working out with Gore in Florida, so I think he should be bigger this year. I hope he took notes and talked Pat's and Bow's ears off.
If Superman and Jesus had a fight, who would win?


Originally posted by mayo49:
I hope your right. All I can think of is William Floyd. Was a beast in his first few years, then blew out his knee and couldn't get it back. I'm pulling for him all the way. Hope he can come back and continue his career.

It's like you've completely, absolutely, 110% missed the point. The guy gives you a bunch of examples from this century, and you go talking about someone who predates EVERYONE who was mentioned as an example of sports medicine having improved.
All you Bowman over Willis fans crack me up.

What no one seems to realize is that, Without Willis, Bowman wouldn't be who he is today. Does no one sit to think that teams are more prepared for Willis than they are with Bowman? they plan there scheme to block Willis, so who does that leave open majority of the time? Bowman!


Teams would still stay Willis is still the better linebacker, teams just focus more on blocking him, so of course all the open tackles will go to Bowman.


Without a doubt, I would I take Willis over Bowman any day!!!!

We take away Willis, guaranteed Bowmans performance goes down because who are they going to focus on more? Bowman, which will leave who ever fills Willis's spot open to take more tackles.



I love both these guys, definitely best ILB tandem we've ever had, or the NFL has ever seen, but don't take anything away from Willis, guys been nothing but great for us and I would want him over Bowman if it came down to do it.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,422
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
All you Bowman over Willis fans crack me up.

What no one seems to realize is that, Without Willis, Bowman wouldn't be who he is today. Does no one sit to think that teams are more prepared for Willis than they are with Bowman? they plan there scheme to block Willis, so who does that leave open majority of the time? Bowman!


Teams would still stay Willis is still the better linebacker, teams just focus more on blocking him, so of course all the open tackles will go to Bowman.


Without a doubt, I would I take Willis over Bowman any day!!!!

We take away Willis, guaranteed Bowmans performance goes down because who are they going to focus on more? Bowman, which will leave who ever fills Willis's spot open to take more tackles.



I love both these guys, definitely best ILB tandem we've ever had, or the NFL has ever seen, but don't take anything away from Willis, guys been nothing but great for us and I would want him over Bowman if it came down to do it.

Didn't Bowman have some of his best defensive MVP type games when Willis was out? He took that Rams game over in week 4.
They have different responsibilities. Both players are dominate and both are selfless so its basically impossible to say who's better. I think we'll see a more dominate Willis now that Bowman is out. So glad we have them both.
Originally posted by pd24:
Didn't Bowman have some of his best defensive MVP type games when Willis was out? He took that Rams game over in week 4.

Yea, he had some great games, but if were pulling calling out certain games, We can point out a few that Willis outplayed Bowman this year.
i dont buy the notion that bowman is as good as he is because he plays with willis. its pretty obvious bowman is the better player right now. its not a knock on willis. there was also a point where jerry rice the best ever to play wasnt even the best wr on his own team it was TO.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont buy the notion that bowman is as good as he is because he plays with willis. its pretty obvious bowman is the better player right now. its not a knock on willis. there was also a point where jerry rice the best ever to play wasnt even the best wr on his own team it was TO.

bowman makes the flashy impact plays but willis, overall, is more consistent.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,259
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If Superman and Jesus had a fight, who would win?



jesus has no super powers other than turning water into wine and healing doots n s**t.....

superman


END THREAD
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,422
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont buy the notion that bowman is as good as he is because he plays with willis. its pretty obvious bowman is the better player right now. its not a knock on willis. there was also a point where jerry rice the best ever to play wasnt even the best wr on his own team it was TO.

bowman makes the flashy impact plays but willis, overall, is more consistent.


More consistent at what?