There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sept 2014 Opening day at " The RED Tag ! "

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Every nick name for this stadium will suck as long as Levi's owns the naming right.

So this.As soon as i saw Levi's got the rights,I shook my head like wtf

One of the oldest companies in the area...doesn't bother me. Much better than the college bowl games! Tostitos Bowl? Hyundai Sun Bowl? At least Levi's has a local contest and a quality product. Other options with local color--Barbary Coast Stadium? Boudin Bakery Bowl? Lily's Massage Parlor and Stadium?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
One of the oldest companies in the area...doesn't bother me. Much better than the college bowl games! Tostitos Bowl? Hyundai Sun Bowl? At least Levi's has a local contest and a quality product. Other options with local color--Barbary Coast Stadium? Boudin Bakery Bowl? Lily's Massage Parlor and Stadium?

Exactly. At least Levi's has bay area roots. I actually like the name.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
One of the oldest companies in the area...doesn't bother me. Much better than the college bowl games! Tostitos Bowl? Hyundai Sun Bowl? At least Levi's has a local contest and a quality product. Other options with local color--Barbary Coast Stadium? Boudin Bakery Bowl? Lily's Massage Parlor and Stadium?

Exactly. At least Levi's has bay area roots. I actually like the name.

It has grown on me. There just won't be a nickname in the foreseeable future though. The namesake is already abbreviated so there really is no need. Over time though maybe the new stadium will gain a reputation that will lead to a nickname of some sort. We can only hope it is born of us winning and thrashing our opponents there or perhaps the excellent fan experience while attending it
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It has grown on me. There just won't be a nickname in the foreseeable future though. The namesake is already abbreviated so there really is no need. Over time though maybe the new stadium will gain a reputation that will lead to a nickname of some sort. We can only hope it is born of us winning and thrashing our opponents there or perhaps the excellent fan experience while attending it

Agreed

It will come with time and

Reputation !
Let's hope winning is at a plus %



The Red Sea.
Levis Stadium, real comfortable wins
moving from "The Stick" over to "The Pants"
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Levis Stadium, real comfortable wins

I enjoy the "Boot" style!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Every nick name for this stadium will suck as long as Levi's owns the naming right.

So this.As soon as i saw Levi's got the rights,I shook my head like wtf

One of the oldest companies in the area...doesn't bother me. Much better than the college bowl games! Tostitos Bowl? Hyundai Sun Bowl? At least Levi's has a local contest and a quality product. Other options with local color--Barbary Coast Stadium? Boudin Bakery Bowl? Lily's Massage Parlor and Stadium?

You get no argument from me so far as the heritage and roots of the Levis.I also wholeheartedly agree concerning the bowl games lol,some just sound idiotic.

I first heard the announcement and thought "jeans??really?ok,their paying the money"Im not from the area,so i knew nothing of the significance/connection.No offense intended
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Every nick name for this stadium will suck as long as Levi's owns the naming right.

So this.As soon as i saw Levi's got the rights,I shook my head like wtf

One of the oldest companies in the area...doesn't bother me. Much better than the college bowl games! Tostitos Bowl? Hyundai Sun Bowl? At least Levi's has a local contest and a quality product. Other options with local color--Barbary Coast Stadium? Boudin Bakery Bowl? Lily's Massage Parlor and Stadium?

You get no argument from me so far as the heritage and roots of the Levis.I also wholeheartedly agree concerning the bowl games lol,some just sound idiotic.

I first heard the announcement and thought "jeans??really?ok,their paying the money"Im not from the area,so i knew nothing of the significance/connection.No offense intended
Bowl games are not the name or nick name for any stadium
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bowl games are not the name or nick name for any stadium

So which one of these is better than Levi Field?

Sun Life Stadium, Reliant Stadium, Everbank Field, Met-Life Stadium, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Bank of America Stadium, LP Field, Citrus Bowl,