LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

mangini worries me

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
i know but roman just ,, what did my dad used to say...... he gives me a pain where a pill won't reach , my problem, not yours and just the thought of him as a niner head coach is just a terrifying prospect
i hear ya..but With putting him the spot light...it would expose the truth..what if JH was the problem and we have high powered offense under GR ?

With him at HC..it would be easier to keep him or dump him..no what ifs

But this would only work if JH left right now or mid season...because there would be no time to look for a replacement. I would not like the this to happen right after a season just ended
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM ]
I worry about Mangini rubbing Vernon and other offensive personnel the wrong way. Alot of players hated the guy in Cleveland. I don't know if his attitude changed when he lost all that weight, but if it hasn't then I'd prefer if we just got rid of him. I want no distractions this season.

Mangini worked at ESPN for a while, and I'm sure he is still close to them...if there were rifts between Vernon and his "TE coach" I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN is the first to report it. Among other 9er issues in the locker room.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I worry about Mangini rubbing Vernon and other offensive personnel the wrong way. Alot of players hated the guy in Cleveland. I don't know if his attitude changed when he lost all that weight, but if it hasn't then I'd prefer if we just got rid of him. I want no distractions this season.

Mangini worked at ESPN for a while, and I'm sure he is still close to them...if there were rifts between Vernon and his "TE coach" I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN is the first to report it. Among other 9er issues in the locker room.

I hear what you're saying. I question the attitude of coaches that have served a much higher position (head coach) that are then relegated to position coach, in this case TE coach. I always prefer someone to have an intense drive, trying to prove himself that he is capable of more. I say this without knowing one bit about Mangini's mentality and mindset. I hope he's professional about it and isn't 'bored' by his new position.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I heard Mangini was like a drill sergeant in Cleveland. Heard the players couldn't stand him and his 1001 rules, random football trivia pop quizzes and humiliating filmroom dialog. I seriously hope this has changed......
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
I heard Mangini was like a drill sergeant in Cleveland. Heard the players couldn't stand him and his 1001 rules, random football trivia pop quizzes and humiliating filmroom dialog. I seriously hope this has changed......

Well, I hope that he has changed--Coughlin did, so it is not impossible.
Only concern I have with Mangini is has he ever been a tight ends coach in the NFL before?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Only concern I have with Mangini is has he ever been a tight ends coach in the NFL before?
i do kind of wonder what in the world mangini could teach vernon that vernon does not already know
i do kind of wonder what in the world mangini could teach vernon that vernon does not already know

I dont think its vernon that really needs much coaching but we do have Macdonald going into his second season who still has aot to learn.
I don't worry about TE coaches.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I always thought he was hired as a muse and/or front office gesture... also there to manipulate/intimidate Hostess Twinkie boy

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I hear what you're saying. I question the attitude of coaches that have served a much higher position (head coach) that are then relegated to position coach, in this case TE coach. I always prefer someone to have an intense drive, trying to prove himself that he is capable of more. I say this without knowing one bit about Mangini's mentality and mindset. I hope he's professional about it and isn't 'bored' by his new position.

Harbaugh must see something positive in him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I dont think its vernon that really needs much coaching but we do have Macdonald going into his second season who still has aot to learn.
yes agree,,, i do expect more out of that boy here in season two. he did catch a nice 25 yard pass vs seattle in the playoffs, of course we never went back to that play again.. of course
IIRC EM was hired to identify "tells" in the offense but it seemed like defenses, Seattle's in particular, were in the huddle more than ever.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM ]
Bizarro world. If there isn't enough paranoia in the press, NinerTalk is now inventing its own fiction.
If Mangini worries you, you should try not to think about him.
Share 49ersWebzone