LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

What one thing excites you the most about next seasons 49er team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What one thing excites you the most about next seasons 49er team?

This is easy. We are basically going to have two draft classes this year coming into training camp. With Carradine and Lattimore not playing at all last year. Also Dial and Patton were hurt a good portion of the year. Add these four with a brand new draft class and I find it hard not to be excited about next year.

I am a little nervous about kicker and strong safety though. If we lose either or both Dawson and Whitner (not a huge fan but he is at least serviceable) we may be in some trouble.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Definetly, Lattimore's debut. Can't wait.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Noticeable growth from the passing attack as a whole. Expansion of philosophy including personnel development aside from O linemen as well as a more advanced approach to attacking via the pass. Tired of just 'hittem in da mowf'. Looking for a boxers mentality more then a punchers luck.

Agree with this very much. The passing game must improve, tired of us just hoping that we can get yards on first down with a run up the gut that every defense already knows is coming. Play selection on first down can't always be a running play. We have to mix it up, not run on 90% of first downs, allow Kap to get an actual flow by throwing some shorter routes on first down and then go to the intermidiate/deep passes. If we want to beat Seattle, we can't just keep running into a loaded box and hope one of our backs gets yards.
I'm anxious to see Carradine, Marquardt, Lattimore, Dial, Ian Williams & Bruce Miller on the field. That's a lot of talent we didn't have down the stretch (or at all) last season.
Matt, I like all the above, but the one thing I most look forward to, is can our OC finally get it right in the RZ and especially in the EZ. So far both HC and OC have flamed out in SB and one playoffs by having no idea what to do to score. IF I am excited by one thing this yr it is that finally our OC(I can't bear to say his name) and JH get their schidt together and KNOW that once in the RZ or near the EZ, they will punch it in. One can only hope.
I want a whole season of Kap being able to throw to Crab, Boldin and Vernon. Mixed in with some Patton and whoever we draft and McDonald in year 2.
Crabtree & Boldin together for a full season *knock on wood* *crosses fingers*
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Crabtree & Boldin together for a full season *knock on wood* *crosses fingers*

Imagine how productive those two will be if they're able to add a wide receiver with serious, elite speed on the outside - no more cheating safeties.
I want to see last years rookies, especially tank and lattimore. This team has so much potential it's ridiculous. We got screwed last year.
We screwed ourselves. And Seattle had a very good D.

Latt baby!
1. Levi's Stadium
2. Lattimore
3. Carradine
4. Crabtree& Boldin hopefully together all season
5. If Culliver can return to old form
6. Patton
7. Can Marquardt be the 3rd Tackle?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM ]
If we have found our "beast mode" in Lattimore I honestly think it will be enough to put us over the hawks. Having a rb that can impose his will paired with an OL that can do the same will be singletary heaven(yeah you should have kept Blount). But were so close I just want to see some progress on our weaknesses like getting gore the check down more often , #3 receiver production, and clock management. This should be enough
  • Silky
  • Veteran
A HEALTHY Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone