LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

• BobS
  • Veteran
While he has worked miracles for the team, I just don't like the guy. Don't like how he buries players on the bench and starters are in with a 3TD lead with 5 minutes left. Also if it is true he wants to be the highest paid coach he has a huge ego to think he deserves more than the guy who has kept New England glued together for a decade plus.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Double post
[ Edited by BobS on Mar 3, 2014 at 5:16 AM ]

Red Lightning
Nobody but Harbaugh to blame, eh...hmm, consider that neither Harbaugh nor Singletary have had good relationships w/Baalke. What's the common denominator? Three guesses and the first two don't count. Why do you think John Madden said if somebody's got to go it shouldn't be Harbaugh. If Harbaugh were to leave, I'd say Tomsula. Ok, he's only been head coach for 1 Niner game...but he was DC for two years and head coach for one season in NFL-E (led Rhein Fire to 6-4 record) before coming to SF. JT can flat out coach and I think he'd be an automatic favorite w/Niner players.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I want Harbaugh to coach the upcoming season. I do not want to see Harbaugh released or traded.

He is under contract for two more years. I absolutely do NOT want to see Harbaugh get a contract extension before the beginning of the upcoming season.

I want to see Harbaugh adapt his coaching to solve the problems the team has on offense.
I want to see Harbaugh show that he can fix the passing game, get the plays in on time, and use the clock wisely.

I want to see how Harbaugh faces adversity and I think the upcoming season will provide him with plenty of adversity.
Nobody and there will be a major backlash on Jed York and Baalke if Harbaugh leaves. Over a decade of idiots like Erickson,Nolan and Singletsry and how quickly they forget what bad coaching looks like. Good coach's are hard to find and these 2 idiots are about to run 1 off.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:35 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Well, if the 49ers do go in a different direction, and I don't think they will, I'd expect a guy like Shanahan.

Fact is, Shanahan could take this team to the superbowl with this talent. However, the success WILL be short lived after he ticks off every player in the locker room. But the 49ers would have 6.

Another plus for Shanahan is after working for Snyder, I'd imagine Baalke would be a walk in the park.
Harbaugh stays and it all gets worked out, but if everything implodes Kevin Sumlin of Texas A&M is the guy I want. He is the next great NFL Head coach.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Gruden is the best. I want a Super Bowl WINNER. No more runner up stuff.

History is not on your side. No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. Shanny couldn't do it, Holmgren couldn't do it, Jimmy Johnson couldn't do it.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM ]

?t=18s

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Gruden is the best. I want a Super Bowl WINNER. No more runner up stuff.

History is not on your side. No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. Shanny couldn't do it, Holmgren couldn't do it, Jimmy Johnson couldn't do it.

Thing is, this team is built for Shanahan. QB is fine with moving the pocket. Run game is there. There won't be a whole lot of zone blocking but I don't think that would be an issue.

The defense is as good as it gets.
First off I don't want Jim to go anywhere. Jim and Trent are a winning combination, even if there are a few problems. Most likely it would be Tomsula. Jed and the team love him. However, I am convinced that we need an offensive minded HC to get the most out of Kap. What about Adam Gase? I want the next Mike McCoy if Harbs were to leave. Speaking of McCoy, Frank Reich might be an interesting option a year or two down the line. Then there is David Shaw of course his transition would likely be a near seamless one. Any of those for guys would be solid choices in my opinion.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 3, 2014 at 7:28 AM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I say just extend Harbaugh because ALL of the stories are b******t. Nobody is unhappy with him. The most accurate thing that has been said about this whole Harbaugh situation was by Eric Davis on NFL network. He said that one of the main reasons for these stories is because it has been 3 years. Harbaugh usually leaves or moves on after that 3rd year. I hate the damn media they can all go suck it.
Jon Gruden. He can get this passing game going. He can develop Kaep hopefully and he has NFL experience. I know he took over Dungy's admit that Tampa offense was rather ordinary talent wise with an overrated Keyshawn as the main weapon along with Alstott.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
FACT

Jim Harbaugh winning % .766

John Madden .752
Vince Lombardi .738

three straight NFCCG and a SB

anyone else in the history of forever say that?
Share 49ersWebzone