There are 231 users in the forums

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Originally posted by Niners99:
Since his Super Bowl win:

2003- 7-9
2004- 5-11
2005- 11-5
2006- 4-12
2007- 9-7
2008- 9-7
2009- retired
2010- retired
2011- retired
2012- retired
2013- retired

Sounds like a GREAT option.

Gruden is so overrated. He has a low stress, high paying job now. Why would he leave anyways?

The truth is there is nobody even close to Harbaugh available. Time to suck it up and let him be who he is, or face being a loser again.

Why wouldn't he leave for one of the best rosters in football.

I want Harbaugh to stay long term. But harsh reality is he just might not be a 10 year coach here.
Nick Saban
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM ]
Jimmy Raye
NOOOOOBODYYYYYYYYY
Tha other Harbaugh save us money we wont have to change tha name on tha door .....
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Colts sucked for Luck purposely. That is why they benched Kerry Collins for that other stooge

None the less they got him. I still call that lucky. Just like Montanan and Young. Not to many teams get that-they hope, but how many time that QB ends up a bust?
If Roman was HC would that make him not call plays?
Pete Carroll
HOW is no one not naming Tomsula????

The guy will be our coach and he will lead our team to a Superbowl championship!
Originally posted by montana2rice:
HOW is no one not naming Tomsula????

The guy will be our coach and he will lead our team to a Superbowl championship!

Everyone is not naming Tomsula

Gruden is the best. I want a Super Bowl WINNER. No more runner up stuff.
Work it out, no need to put this out to the universe. The 49ers struck gold with Harbaugh, I don't want to read any thread about his replacement. Most teams are content with mediocrity, when something wonderful happens break it up because some suit is getting disrespected. I hope the Niners don't become like the rest of the NFL where winning takes a back seat to ego games.
i dont think there are actually any problems and what we're seeing here is offseason molehill-mountaining. This entire episode was made up from a few offhand comments about there being stress between harbaugh and baalke, of which there isn't. harbaugh's agent may have advised him to reach out to a different organization to increase leverage in contract negotiations. this is very common and shouldnt be news, but it is the offseason and the nfl has become a soap opera, so it became puedo-news.

harbaugh will coach the 49ers for a very long time.
First off, I don't think Harbs is going anywhere. That being said, I believe the stories just enough to think a little "where there's smoke there's fire", so it's a questions worth considering for some time down the road.

I believe we will get an extention done, maybe sooner than later. (Meaning this year, not next). But, nothing about Harbs history suggests he will be around for 10+ years. Whether he gets a "seven year itch" so to speak, or he knows he has run his course with players/management around him, he doesn't seem to put roots down.

So, we will certainly have him for the next two years, and probably a few beyond that, but thinking about his sucessor makes sense because it's hard to imagine him staying put for 10+ years, or a team putting up with his antics if there are significant losses.

All that being said, I've always loved the idea of a Shananhan or Holmgren return to SF. I'd be fine if one of those guys came back as some have suggested. Cower would be a great fit too if he ever comes back to coaching.

As far as new blood? I kind of like the Shaw option. We are two for two with Standford HCs, let's keep the streak going.
Double Post
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Mar 3, 2014 at 5:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone