LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

No one. I don't wanna go back to the '00s.
No one. I don't wanna go back to the '00s.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Why would you want to replace him?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/

Hopefully you understand my first post now
Nobody has it better than us...NOBODY! I can't see anyone else coaching the 49ers right now
Maybe if they bring back Bill Walsh reincarnated
BTW I would not want any other active coach in the NFL over him
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM ]
No one and i mean no one in college or the pros can develop a QB like Jim Harbaugh can.

If he walks the Niners are screwed.

There is no replacement that will even come close.
Mods, lock this stupid thread. Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Why is there a whole thread about who should replace him?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I want Harbaugh to coach the upcoming season. I do not want to see Harbaugh released or traded.

He is under contract for two more years. I absolutely do NOT want to see Harbaugh get a contract extension before the beginning of the upcoming season.

I want to see Harbaugh adapt his coaching to solve the problems the team has on offense.
I want to see Harbaugh show that he can fix the passing game, get the plays in on time, and use the clock wisely.

I want to see how Harbaugh faces adversity and I think the upcoming season will provide him with plenty of adversity.

I am going to stick with this. And I still think there will plenty of adversity.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want Harbaugh to coach the upcoming season. I do not want to see Harbaugh released or traded.

He is under contract for two more years. I absolutely do NOT want to see Harbaugh get a contract extension before the beginning of the upcoming season.

I want to see Harbaugh adapt his coaching to solve the problems the team has on offense.
I want to see Harbaugh show that he can fix the passing game, get the plays in on time, and use the clock wisely.

I want to see how Harbaugh faces adversity and I think the upcoming season will provide him with plenty of adversity.

I am going to stick with this. And I still think there will plenty of adversity.

Yeah, I think he should play out the year and extend him next year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I think he should play out the year and extend him next year.

Looking at the coming year, I think Harbaugh and company face some complex problems.

Making the play offs four years in a row is, or seems to me, difficult.

Making the play offs again will require the team to maintain its cohesion, its esprit de corps.
The recent work done by Harbaugh and Boldin is encouraging.

Making transitions from stalwart players challenges the best teams.

The team will begin the process of integrating the replacements for Gore (Lattimore/Hunter) and Justin Smith (Carradine)into the game plan. I anticipate that this process will take two years, but the replacements have to get playing time, and somewhat significant playing time, in the coming year.

The team and offensive coaching staff in particular have to decide how to improve the passing game.
Signing Boldin begins that task.

Baalke, the scouting staff, Harbaugh, and Roman have to deepen the talent level at wide receiver, and find a way to get the newcomers playing time.

Will the offensive staff be willing to make significant adjustments in the passing game?
Will they be content to focus on improving the function of the existing offensive scheme?
Either choice has potential pitfalls that need to be avoided.

In addition to integrating potential replacements along the defensive line, it looks like the defensive staff will have to integrate new players in the defensive backfield. Finding those players and coaching them up in a timely manner can not be considered facile.

The team faces new and complex challenges. In my estimation, Harbaugh and company have earned the right to proceed as they see fit.

I feel relatively confident that the team, as a whole, in quite capable of confronting and overcoming the hurdles that lie ahead, but making the play offs will not be easy.

Go Niners. Kick some butt.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM ]

Nooooooobody!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Nooooooobody!

THIS
In the light of Harbaugh's comments and Boldin's as well, it is fairly clear that this is a media invention. If something happens to open the subject again - and not just another baseless comment - we will reopen it.

But for now, thankfully.......
Share 49ersWebzone