There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tony Jerrod Eddie

• buck
  • Veteran
I did a search for Tony Jerrod Eddie and found nothing.

Tony Jerod-Eddie is 6-5 and weighs 301. He is 23 years old and has played in the NFL for 2 years.

He was signed as UDFA out of Texas A&M. He was not invited to the combine, but he did play in the Senior Bowl. At the Senior Bowl, he was listed at 6-4 and 301 with 34 3/8 inch arms. Funny thing, he had the longest arms of any defensive lineman at the Senior Bowl.

In 2012, Tony Jerod Eddie played 10 snaps at DE. In 2013, he played 385 snaps at DE. All but three of those 385 snaps were played at left defensive end, behind Ray McDonald.

Of the 3-4 defensive ends that played more 25% of the defensive snaps, Jerod-Eddie was ranked 29th by Pro Football Focus.

Although that may not seem impressive, he was ranked higher than Johnny Jolly (35th), B.J. Raji (43rd), Ziggy Hood (44th), and Kendell Reyes (45th). PFF ranked Ray McDonald 22nd and Justin Smith 16th in 2013.

In 2013,he had 28 tackles. Of those 21 were solo and 7 were assists. He had 0 sacks. PFF focus credits him with 3 quarter back hits and 16 quarterback hurries.

Ray McDonald had 37 tackles. Of those 29 were solo and 8 were assists, plus McDonald had 3.5 sacks. PFF credits him with 3 quarterback hits and 22 quarterback hurries.

Tony Jerrod Eddie has earned my respect. Jim Tomsula does good work.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/165612-we-just-signed-tony-jerod-eddie/search=jerod-eddie

I like the kid, got potential to be a solid backup.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/165612-we-just-signed-tony-jerod-eddie/search=jerod-eddie

I like the kid, got potential to be a solid backup.

Whoops. I spelled his name wrong. Yuk.

Merge this into the previously existing thread.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Johnny Jolly (35th) - 183rd pick
B.J. Raji (43rd) - 9th pick
Ziggy Hood (44th) - 32nd pick
Kendell Reyes (45th) - 49th pick

Those aren't exactly outstanding names, especially in recent years but what it does show is that TJE is a better player and learner than people than people give him credit for. Also shows how great of coach Tomsula is. However 3 of those players weren't selected where they were for nothing so it is great to see TJE excelling in comparison with higher "pedigree" players during limited playing time.

This is why I don't see us drafting a DL early. We're essentially getting a 1st round talent for free this coming season in Tank, TJE is clearly playing well, Quinton Dial is going to get a shot, Ian Williams will be back from his ankle injury, we have Dorsey for 1 more year...Ray Mac may not be a spring chicken but he's got a lot of tread left. Replacing Cowboy will be difficult but we have far more pressing needs than DL.

Go TJE and Co.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
TJE is a solid back up and could be a starter on another team. Maybe Tomsula will also do good with Mike Purcell (PS) for more depth....
[ Edited by LVJay on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
TJE is a solid back up and could be a starter on another team. Maybe Tomsula will also do good with Mike Purcell (PS) for more depth....

I'm also interested in seeing what a year of football training and teaching has done for Okoye.
TJE surprised me last year, it's not a reach to say he may be more than a backup.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I'm also interested in seeing what a year of football training and teaching has done for Okoye.

He's got all the tools, but he's got a long way to go with no NFL experience prior to last year (skill/technique/mentally). I don't know what his potential is as a DL, but I hope the coaches find a way to get him developed and ready to go.

He's got all the tools, but he's got a long way to go with no NFL experience prior to last year (skill/technique/mentally). I don't know what his potential is as a DL, but I hope the coaches find a way to get him developed and ready to go.

It's gonna be real hard to keep Tomsula if this kid does develop.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It's gonna be real hard to keep Tomsula if this kid does develop.

He definitely coaches the position well and players love him. And, he sure does have character (little bit of Super Mario Brothers / Ron Jeremy look going on there) ... would be a blast to watch him / his antics on the sideline if he ever were to become a HC.
Only a C potential on madden but he always spins and swings OLine men side by side in it!
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
It's all Jim Tomsula. Not a coincidence all of our DL do so well when given playing time. If only we could find a WR coach who could coach half as well as Tomsula.
TJE i think can be a good player in this league...he makes plays every time he's on the field
TJE was definitely one of the most pleasant surprises personnel wise. He held up surprisingly well when he was in. If he can take the next step, who knows?

I still wish that we would develop a real rotation of the DL (maybe series by series?) so that late in the game and late in the season, the Line can generate huge pressure and put the game away.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
TJE was definitely one of the most pleasant surprises personnel wise. He held up surprisingly well when he was in. If he can take the next step, who knows?

I still wish that we would develop a real rotation of the DL (maybe series by series?) so that late in the game and late in the season, the Line can generate huge pressure and put the game away.

they did a lot of rotating this yr but they weren't rotating ahmad brooks and aldon smith, but do u really want them to rotate those guys