There are 223 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sounds like we've been in talks with him for a extension ugh

The 49ers have had discussions with Kilgore's agents about a possible extension, but there's no deal yet.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article199481729.html#storylink=cpy

Better be for low level cash with the idea of drafting someone
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The 49ers have had discussions with Kilgore's agents about a possible extension, but there's no deal yet.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article199481729.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, good locker room guy, good depth, not going to make waves if we bring in a more talented player, etc. But damn well better not start!
  • thl408
I think it's a case where the team doesn't want to go into free agency/draft needing to acquire a Center. So that they can take a BPA approach in the draft, or not be held hostage in free agency negotiations, if they are exploring free agency to upgrade Center. My concerns with Kilgore are more about his run blocking. I think he's okay as a pass protector.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, good locker room guy, good depth, not going to make waves if we bring in a more talented player, etc. But damn well better not start!
he's also the most experienced (shanny's system) Center we have
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 12, 2018 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
I think it's a case where the team doesn't want to go into free agency/draft needing to acquire a Center. So that they can take a BPA approach in the draft, or not be held hostage in free agency negotiations, if they are exploring free agency to upgrade Center. My concerns with Kilgore are more about his run blocking. I think he's okay as a pass protector.

Makes sense
Ryan Jensen needs to be priority #1 right now. Kilgore is not stout enough to open holes for our runnning game and he usually gets pushed back into Jimmy G's lap in pass protection although that is his "strength".
I think it's encouraging that thl sees his biggest deficiency in the run game. This style of wide zone isn't predicated on strength, so there's likely tiny nuances in the technique that the coaches believe Kilgore can improve. Alex Gibbs often said it takes many years and thousands of reps for the OL to really master the system.
If KS thinks he's the guy at C, who am I to argue.
Originally posted by thl408:

Makes sense

Yes, right on THL. Sort of like Kapri Bibbs last year ... got him early but he did not make the cut because others better did. Based off last year, Shanny and Lynch like to load up on as many players as possible and let the competition begin.
Kilgore played his best ball after Jimmy took over...and the two struck up a good chemistry. Jimmy likes Dan and obviously, vice versa. Here's a scenario I can see happening...they re-sign DK for say 3 yrs, but draft one to develop and potentially take over at some point. The OL needs C depth...no more Beadles or any non-C as b/u. An OG/C would be fine...because Shanahan can use him two ways.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
If KS thinks he's the guy at C, who am I to argue.

I won't argue but

This is a precursor of things to come for the 49ers....an underwhelming offseason. It started with Reuben and now this!!!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
This is a precursor of things to come for the 49ers....an underwhelming offseason. It started with Reuben and now this!!!!

I will take that wager. We are going to blow this off-season apart.

BTW- Are you intentionally leaving out signing Garappolo which gave us national attention??

I can't see them giving him more then a 1 year deal, if he is resigned I then think G is the interior position they spend big on and then draft a C in the 3rd like Ragnow to compete with Kilgore..
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Share 49ersWebzone