There are 156 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Even worse than Kwame Martin?
Worse than Kwame Harris you mean? You bet.Even Kwame "false start" Harris had some good plays. Marcus Martin best plays are the play going away from him and the ones where he doesn't do anything stupid and isn't pushed over. I loved this pick when it was made but the guy looks really bad all around. There isn't a point when your like this is a play that makes him potentially a decent player. Harris had some pedigree. Chilo was also awful but never this awful. I really feel like Goodwin woyld right now make this line much sturdier than it is by himself. This is how bad I think Mm is

I just didn't feel like typing out the turds name, so I combined them. They all seem bad to me, hard to say who is worse. Martin was done after us. And Kwame went to Oakland. And I think Rachal went to the Bears?

They just need to see how bad he is at guard and get it over with.
And tell him....via con dios
Originally posted by elguapo:
And tell him....via con dios

dude is 21. let it go. not his fault he got put in a situation that wasnt planned for properly by the football think tank upstairs.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
dude is 21. let it go. not his fault he got put in a situation that wasnt planned for properly by the football think tank upstairs.

um, no. I won't let it go. he sucks, and his age is irrelevant. age is relevant when someone shows promise, when there are plays, no matter how rare, made that make you think a player has potential. there are zero plays where he showed potential all year long. he is weak mentally and physically.

arik armstead is 22 and you can see his potential. he will have some bad plays but then take on a double team and still produce a qb pressure. that's potential.

marcus martin plays like a sack of potatoes. no football iq, no strength, no push, no heart. show me some plays in the NFL where you think he has potential. age without potential is meaningless.

pff says about last game:
– There are few bigger liabilities on the offensive line than 49ers C Marcus Martin (-4.4). He was dreadful against the Bears, allowing three sacks, a hit, and a hurry on 43 dropbacks. Martin's -3.8 pass protection grade was second-worst on the team, while his -0.8 run blocking grade tied for worst. Overall, he's our lowest-graded center this season (39th), with a -38.8 grade. Martin's yet to record a positive grade in 2015, his best performance of the season coming in Week 11 when he recorded a -0.8. In his year and a half since becoming the starter (20 games), he has a -55.7 grade. It didn't end up costing them in this game, but Martin's performances are a serious issue.
Originally posted by frenz:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by frenz:
They waived skov? Wtf why not just put Hyde on IR?
Name one play by Skov? I always love how people fall in love with guys who fringe players in the NFL. You have Hodges, Bellore and Ray, Ray as back ups and we still have 9 LB's on the squad. My best guess is Celek or Hyde or both go Ir next week and another TE is elevated from the practice squad.
I should have been more clear, I'm not pissed about skov so much as I am bewildered by it. I honestly thought that the reason they hadn't moved on Hyde yet was because they were waiting for Kilgore's comeback, saving them from making an extra, unnecessary roster move.
yeah I get it and really am with you there is no need to put Hyde back on the field this year
don't care about his age any more he has played for two seasons now and spends more time in the back field than our running backs.
THE most under appreciated o lineman on our team. This thread hasn't been active since dec. 7th of last year and this thread is only 12 pages...and he's been on the team since 2011. SMH. Tiller didn't get any love until Anthony Davis handed him the RG spot but no one shows love to Kilgore.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
THE most under appreciated o lineman on our team. This thread hasn't been active since dec. 7th of last year and this thread is only 12 pages...and he's been on the team since 2011. SMH. Tiller didn't get any love until Anthony Davis handed him the RG spot but no one shows love to Kilgore.

Id say he's the most under appreciated player on the team. This guy has been stout as hell. Been holding his own against the best in the league like Dontarie Poe, and Aaron Donald; last game he got so frustrated he got two personal fouls plus an ejection.
Originally posted by Since07:
Id say he's the most under appreciated player on the team. This guy has been stout as hell. Been holding his own against the best in the league like Dontarie Poe, and Aaron Donald; last game he got so frustrated he got two personal fouls plus an ejection.

This dude gets it. While others want to cry over davis, love on Garnett, or slob on Brown's knob, let's not forget the face who runs the place.

• evil
  • Veteran

This dude gets it. While others want to cry over davis, love on Garnett, or slob on Brown's knob, let's not forget the face who runs the place.

Are you saying Kilgore is the Champ who runs the camp ?
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

um, no. I won't let it go. he sucks, and his age is irrelevant. age is relevant when someone shows promise, when there are plays, no matter how rare, made that make you think a player has potential. there are zero plays where he showed potential all year long. he is weak mentally and physically.

arik armstead is 22 and you can see his potential. he will have some bad plays but then take on a double team and still produce a qb pressure. that's potential.

marcus martin plays like a sack of potatoes. no football iq, no strength, no push, no heart. show me some plays in the NFL where you think he has potential. age without potential is meaningless.

pff says about last game:
– There are few bigger liabilities on the offensive line than 49ers C Marcus Martin (-4.4). He was dreadful against the Bears, allowing three sacks, a hit, and a hurry on 43 dropbacks. Martin's -3.8 pass protection grade was second-worst on the team, while his -0.8 run blocking grade tied for worst. Overall, he's our lowest-graded center this season (39th), with a -38.8 grade. Martin's yet to record a positive grade in 2015, his best performance of the season coming in Week 11 when he recorded a -0.8. In his year and a half since becoming the starter (20 games), he has a -55.7 grade. It didn't end up costing them in this game, but Martin's performances are a serious issue.

Originally posted by evil:

Are you saying Kilgore is the Champ who runs the camp ?

Yeah a lot of people wanted him out of the lineup cause we're desperate for Garnett and Davis to start. It's been on record, and obviously I'm effing stoked to know he's holding ot down. Very nice big horse in the center spot.

Lots of extension candidates. Hope he's one of them along with Tiller.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Trust on Baalke to allow "Killed Gore" to try and test the market..
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Glad to have him back and healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone