LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • frenz
  • Veteran
They waived skov? Wtf why not just put Hyde on IR?
Originally posted by frenz:

Probably because Hodges took over his role on ST too.
Name one play by Skov? I always love how people fall in love with guys who fringe players in the NFL. You have Hodges, Bellore and Ray, Ray as back ups and we still have 9 LB's on the squad. My best guess is Celek or Hyde or both go Ir next week and another TE is elevated from the practice squad.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 21s21 seconds ago

#49ers announce they activated C Daniel Kilgore and waived ILB Shayne Skov.

underlined:

Kilgore is a good OL, and he should help us succeed in our stretch runs, if Tiller can get his feet moving a little better.

bolded:

Thought Skov worked hard to come back from his injury and looked good in the PS games. I'll take it as a sign that they really like what they see in Hodges.
Nothing matters if Pears is still employed as a 49er.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Nothing matters if Pears is still employed as a 49er.

Let's just cut him and have three tackles on the roster. One of which is your starter at left guard. Intelligent move for sure. Still think they should have just cut Marcus Martin or put hude on ir.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Name one play by Skov? I always love how people fall in love with guys who fringe players in the NFL. You have Hodges, Bellore and Ray, Ray as back ups and we still have 9 LB's on the squad. My best guess is Celek or Hyde or both go Ir next week and another TE is elevated from the practice squad.
I should have been more clear, I'm not pissed about skov so much as I am bewildered by it. I honestly thought that the reason they hadn't moved on Hyde yet was because they were waiting for Kilgore's comeback, saving them from making an extra, unnecessary roster move.
I'm not surprised they dumped a LB; I am surprised they chose to keep Ray Ray over Skov.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was being rushed back too soon. At this point I think it's probably worth it to can him for the year but whatever.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'm not surprised they dumped a LB; I am surprised they chose to keep Ray Ray over Skov.

Yeah me too.

Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was being rushed back too soon. At this point I think it's probably worth it to can him for the year but whatever.

He's been practicing for a few weeks. I think its important for him to get some snaps before the end of the season.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Celek just had a high ankle sprain didnt he?
Kilgore won't even play, it's just the niner way. They will say well we just want to ease him in. Let home get a feel to be back on the sidelines an experience game day. You watch. They will probably roll Devey out there just because he doesn't make mental mistakes.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yeah me too.

Me three
Share 49ersWebzone