LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
This is just in.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Sign-Daniel-Kilgore-to-Three-year-Exenstion/a550b899-b25e-47aa-86c4-96c3cfb1d2a9
Why is this in Free Agency thread lol
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Why is this in Free Agency thread lol

Just realized when it was too late. How can i delete this ?
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM ]
They'll move it over.

Anyways, to comment on this -- this makes it very clear there's a strong chance we intend to go into 2014 with him as the starting center.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
They'll move it over.

Anyways, to comment on this -- this makes it very clear there's a strong chance we intend to go into 2014 with him as the starting center.

Ok thanks.
[ Edited by DeUh on Oct 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
Yup...Joe Looney, our future starter at LG, is probably next.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Yup...Joe Looney, our future starter at LG, is probably next.

wouldn't be surprised one bit. Very interesting developments.
we will draft a Center is rounds 2-4 and keep them both. Hopefully its Travis Swanson
Nice move by the front office
I don't recall hearing a single decent report on Kilgore since he's been with the team, and it didn't seem like he did that well in the preseason.

Does anyone else have a better idea about the quality of Kilgore?

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I don't recall hearing a single decent report on Kilgore since he's been with the team, and it didn't seem like he did that well in the preseason.

We didn't hear much about Ian Williams either, until going into last preseason and regular season. Maybe Kilgore is one of those that worked himself behind the scene into something that the coaches feel confident in his development. How about Brock last year too.

or Kaepernick, or Williams, or Brock, the coaches like to play things close to the vest.

He's an unknown commodity to most of us, but there have been reports that the team is very high on him. The 49ers actually do have a pretty good track record extending guys, and then promoting them to starting positions. Tarell Brown, Alex Boone, Ray McDonald, Ahmad Brooks. Just to name a few.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He's an unknown commodity to most of us, but there have been reports that the team is very high on him. The 49ers actually do have a pretty good track record extending guys, and then promoting them to starting positions. Tarell Brown, Alex Boone, Ray McDonald, Ahmad Brooks. Just to name a few.

I'm still not sold on Baalke's draft ability (specifically after the last two drafts), but I have plenty of confidence any time the team extends a player. It's difficult to imagine Kilgore not being an upgrade of Goodwin.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

or Kaepernick, or Williams, or Brock, the coaches like to play things close to the vest.

I like what they are doing signing dudes that have shown promise in practice, so that way we have them under contract when they start for a while. Nice.
Share 49ersWebzone