There are 285 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
What's an availuation?

dude drank a 30 pack...
Gotta represent for the fat boys:

Daniel Kilgore was DOMINATE. I think he's coming along quite nicely
Seemed to shut down Poe today, played awesome. No easy task, ask Boone who got thrown like a little girl and gave up a sack to him. Who would have thought last year with Iupati, Boone, Staley and Davis that Kilgore would be playing the best of the bunch. Now Boone is playing horrible, Iupati not much better minus the occasional pull run block, Staley's play is down a bit and Davis can't get healthy.

Side note props to the pull blocking and Bruce Miller today. Some awesome seal off blocks by Miller and Iupati today. Just too bad we can't give Kap more than 1 second to throw.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
It looked to me like he played a VERY solid game.

Simms was complimentary on a number of occasions.

I really look forward to Marvin & jonnydel's [sp] comments this week.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Seemed to shut down Poe today, played awesome. No easy task, ask Boone who got thrown like a little girl and gave up a sack to him. Who would have thought last year with Iupati, Boone, Staley and Davis that Kilgore would be playing the best of the bunch. Now Boone is playing horrible, Iupati not much better minus the occasional pull run block, Staley's play is down a bit and Davis can't get healthy.

sure did man.
He should be coming back this week
Next week at the earliest probably. We desperately would need him on the road against STL. That DL is arguably the best in the NFL. They would eat Devey for lunch. We need an OL of Staley-Boone-Kilgore-Tiller-Pears for that game or we're doomed. Unless our defense miraculously improves by then, it'll be a tough game to win.
Any word on this guy yet? We need him more then anyone else. Everyone wants to point the finger at devey and Pears but this terrible line play starts right smack dab in the middle and that's Marcus Martin. Not saying hes a bust, but dude looks like "signed off the street in an emergency" type talent and not the 3rd round best center in the draft that he was thought to be.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Any word on this guy yet? We need him more then anyone else. Everyone wants to point the finger at devey and Pears but this terrible line play starts right smack dab in the middle and that's Marcus Martin. Not saying hes a bust, but dude looks like "signed off the street in an emergency" type talent and not the 3rd round best center in the draft that he was thought to be.

I totally agree, we need Kilgore BAD.

I don't mind Martin getting a shot at G next year

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Next week at the earliest probably. We desperately would need him on the road against STL. That DL is arguably the best in the NFL. They would eat Devey for lunch. We need an OL of Staley-Boone-Kilgore-Tiller-Pears for that game or we're doomed. Unless our defense miraculously improves by then, it'll be a tough game to win.

oh did you not hear,,, big changes are coming. we are down to three days in the work week to make this,, pause for dramatic purposes..... BIG CHANGES.. makes me so f**king mad. i had no point here, just wanted to vent
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

I totally agree, we need Kilgore BAD.

I don't mind Martin getting a shot at G next year
agree. i would like to think , if the kid is mentally tough, he learned alot this year, at the teams expense and maybe got all of his suckiness out of him. but at the same time. if we would have had a half way decent o line coach , but then would a better coach help martin at center? to many questions and not good answers
you guys its been about a year since his injury. as of the article about a week or 2 ago he STILL hasnt been able to practice and all he can do is run and condition it. i dont think hes coming back soon and if he is he may never be the same if he still cant practice on it 12 months later. hes a big guy, its hard for heavy players to recover from leg an ankle injuries. besides at this point we need losses. the only way this season can get worse is if our team rallys a few wins together and ends up with a first round pick that isnt even high.
Originally posted by stefano89:
you guys its been about a year since his injury. as of the article about a week or 2 ago he STILL hasnt been able to practice and all he can do is run and condition it. i dont think hes coming back soon and if he is he may never be the same if he still cant practice on it 12 months later. hes a big guy, its hard for heavy players to recover from leg an ankle injuries. besides at this point we need losses. the only way this season can get worse is if our team rallys a few wins together and ends up with a first round pick that isnt even high.

It's not even about wins. It's about solidifying positions for the future. If Kilgore doesn't come back (or plays poorly when he does), is center now a high priority? Marcus is young but he's been absolutely dreadful. I won't try to judge the technical side of line play, but just on the outside, he's constantly getting pushed back, constantly committing penalties, and constantly screwing up snaps.
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 2m2 minutes ago
#49ers C Daniel Kilgore says his 21-day practice window I'll be opened the Wednesday following next week's bye.
Share 49ersWebzone