There are 267 users in the forums

Is San Francisco a desirable landing spot for free agents?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is San Francisco a desirable landing spot for free agents?

Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by crabman82:
what that we lost a 6 point game in the conference championship? some of you guys bend over to easy and expose your buttholes to the hawk fans.

True, there are some serious cowardly niner fans I noticed lately. So we lost to them on the road (4th straight road game), big whoopee. The sky is falling. BTW, that game we lost to them was also their 4th straight home game at the time. Go figure.

i'd honestly be semi-accepting of reading posts like that had the 42-13 game or the 29-3 game occured in the nfc title game. we lost by 6 f**king points and its not like they were killing the last 5 mins of the game on a long extended drive. we were right there. i concede they had a slightly better year, i concede no more than that.
i'd honestly be semi-accepting of reading posts like that had the 42-13 game or the 29-3 game occured in the nfc title game. we lost by 6 f**king points and its not like they were killing the last 5 mins of the game on a long extended drive. we were right there. i concede they had a slightly better year, i concede no more than that.

Actually, I concede Rogers & Whitner vs. Chancellor & Maxwell.

This is where we lose in terms of talent

speaking on individual talent, yes we vary in strengths and weaknesses. they dont trot out, nor does anyone, a lb core like we have.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 26, 2014 at 5:58 PM ]
FA are attracted to where the money is lets face it a ton of players settle for a bad team over a good team if the bad team pays more unless it's a older player towards the end of his career who wants to win a ring.
Originally posted by Raul98:
FA are attracted to where the money is lets face it a ton of players settle for a bad team over a good team if the bad team pays more unless it's a older player towards the end of his career who wants to win a ring.

Exactly, original poster must be new to football
Seattle just happened to "go all in" with a few calculated moves (Harvin trade, Avril and Bennett signings) that paid off at the right time. A lot of other teams in the past have tried to do similar and ended going nowhere in the playoffs, and worse -ended up buried in dead cap dollars later on. Sucks we didnt cash in on our big move (Boldin), but at least we are a far more sustainable, competitive group moving forward and stand a better chance of putting a contender on the field year after year if we keep managing things properly. Seattle won't have the same kind of season in 2014-15.
Originally posted by Zepp9er:
Seattle just happened to "go all in" with a few calculated moves (Harvin trade, Avril and Bennett signings) that paid off at the right time. A lot of other teams in the past have tried to do similar and ended going nowhere in the playoffs, and worse -ended up buried in dead cap dollars later on. Sucks we didnt cash in on our big move (Boldin), but at least we are a far more sustainable, competitive group moving forward and stand a better chance of putting a contender on the field year after year if we keep managing things properly. Seattle won't have the same kind of season in 2014-15.

we'll see how desirable they are when they have already paid wilson, sherman, thomas etc. and have limited resources entering free agency. its amazing how desirable of a destination you are when all of your best players are making peanuts and you have cap room.

All the luck went Seattle's way, and that usually happens for SB winners. When the NFC Championship came the 49ers had the crowd figured out and executed without penalties. Watch a replay of the game and see how the Niners battered the Seahawks QB. Three years, a fumble, a non-call, and a poor pass, time to look ahead to the new Stadium and number 6, and #7 and ...................
Look around the NFL at the teams who signed the biggest name FA's...how many were in the playoffs? Not many...and there's a reason for it, IMHO best exemplified by NE. Season after season, Belichick signs players who'll fill a specific role for his team. They're simply not going to overpay for FA's because they don't have to...and to their credit, our FO is taking a very similar approach. The flip-side of that is Jerry Jones...even though he claims to be a better GM than anyone he could hire, his team is $20M over the cap and he may, in fact, be forced to cut Demarcus Ware, who's been a bellcow for the Cowboys for years. That's not the right way to run an NFL team under a salary cap. Our FO deserves major props (this goes back to Coach Nolan) for getting out of cap hell and staying out, all the while building up a tremendous roster.
Weather, new stadium, championship caliber roster, hell yes!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
NO! Because FAs don't want to play for coaches that have no clue on how/when to use a time-out or how to go about clock management

I would agree Chancellor/Maxwell have a slight talent advantage. Mainly because Whitner/Rogers are getting a bit long in the tooth. Season stats prove this (not by too much though). We are right there with the SEA in talent as a team. Even Dick Sherman said the "real" SuperBowl was the NFC Championship game. In my opinion, we outplayed them on the field albeit, with no help from the refs, i.e. rougher the kicker, missed blocking in the back call on the 2nd half P Harvin return, hit to the head call against Whitner). With that said, I feel very confident with our personnel and our FO's personnel decisions. We've been to 3 straight NFCC games and the core to still get us back to the SB! I hope our focus is CB,S/WR,C,ILB or BPA is someone Harbaalke deems special, and falls within a range they feel the value is worth striking (we have the ammunition to move up or down pretty much anywhere we want). I feel like we have a lot of options to choose from with our first 3 picks. We could trade up for someone like Gilbert, Evans, or HaHa Dix. We could sit tight and get someone like Matthews, Roby, Roberson, Moncrief, Cooks. I like C Martin USC with one of our 3rd's, also A Dixon could be had with one of our 3rd's as well, possibly Y Smallwood ILB could be had in the 3rd. We still have Lemonier, Dial, Carradine, Lattimore, McDonald, all of which should have improved upcoming seasons. Go niners! Seahawks bite me!
Originally posted by Raul98:

this

case in point dashon goldson
Not a chance with this cheap azz York F O
We haven't needed nor could we afford big FA purchases in recent years. When we did in 2011 we brought in Whitner, Rogers & Goodwin.
Share 49ersWebzone