LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

What kind of offense do we run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Kilgore could of stopped that from happening too, sometimes the coaches are loyal to a fault to some of these vets. Luckily he was one of the last ones they had that problem with, with the exception of Snyder.. gotta bad feeling his "versatility" might knock someone promising off the roster.

This has been my major issue for the whole two seasons. First with Williams and then with Goodwin. Fact is, Roman and Harbaugh still have this weird college mentality that execution and determination will somehow compensate for lack of creativity and low level of talent. Roman needs to review his talent and play calling methodology (he's still seems to be stuck in college playclock mode) and both need to know when to cut bait with some players.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
With Stevie Johnson, Crabtree, Boldin, VD, Patton, And Ellington. Roman will run the 1 WR set until the other defense wilt or until we are more than 17 pts behind.

You too have been watching the last three years of Romanism
Harbaugh says power run
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Harbaugh says power run

And Roman runs the Telegraph offense. To my knowledge only Kevin Gilbride was as good at running the Telegraph system. It takes a tremendous amount of hubris and suspension of belief.

Quite a feat
with all the talent at WR now, we will need to use some 3 WR & 4 WR Sets ....I'm sure they will adjust the offense to accommodate the talent we have at receiver and get more playmakers out on the field ...but we will still employ the bloody knuckles running game, and run out of exotic formations .. Harbaugh loves to use the FB & TE the majority of the time, I don't expect that to change much
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
With Stevie Johnson, Crabtree, Boldin, VD, Patton, And Ellington. Roman will run the 1 WR set until the other defense wilt or until we are more than 17 pts behind.

he will have one of those guys line up at wide out. then with the rest of em setting on the bench he will line up staley as another wide out just to show everyone how cute he can be
Originally posted by teylo31:
What kind of offense do we run. I know that a team cant strictly stick to a scheme 100% so I know there is gonna be some tweaks. I also dont really think it is a hybrid West Coast Offense. Just seems like the staples from the WCO are not there. For starters we run more than pass. I only ask because it seems like it would be easier for this team to fix the offensive woes if everybody knew, including the coaches, what kind of offense it is

Throwback to the 1970's offense, especially the passing game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Harbaugh says power run

And Roman runs the Telegraph offense. To my knowledge only Kevin Gilbride was as good at running the Telegraph system. It takes a tremendous amount of hubris and suspension of belief.

Quite a feat
we make nine men fronts look good
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by teylo31:
What kind of offense do we run. I know that a team cant strictly stick to a scheme 100% so I know there is gonna be some tweaks. I also dont really think it is a hybrid West Coast Offense. Just seems like the staples from the WCO are not there. For starters we run more than pass. I only ask because it seems like it would be easier for this team to fix the offensive woes if everybody knew, including the coaches, what kind of offense it is

Throwback to the 1970's offense, especially the passing game.
in order for that we have to have someone like willie mcgee on the team . the rookie has some speed but he ain't no willie
Originally posted by cciowa:
Harbaugh says power run

Quite a feat
the previous head coach approves

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Harbaugh says power run

Quite a feat

It amazes me how well Keap keeps his mouth shut. Can you imagine, with his level of talent, having to hand it off for the 12th strait wham play and not be allowed to take advantage of multiple receiving options. And when he does get the opportunity to throw, he's told what his PRIMARY target needs to be. Oh, and getting the THREE plays (to runs and one crummy pass) with less than seven seconds on the playclock; because his OC still thinks he's on the college football field!!!!

ugh, you want to be upset about three missed SB opportunities, Roman should be your focal point.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Harbaugh says power run

Quite a feat

It amazes me how well Keap keeps his mouth shut. Can you imagine, with his level of talent, having to hand it off for the 12th strait wham play and not be allowed to take advantage of multiple receiving options. And when he does get the opportunity to throw, he's told what his PRIMARY target needs to be. Oh, and getting the THREE plays (to runs and one crummy pass) with less than seven seconds on the playclock; because his OC still thinks he's on the college football field!!!!

ugh, you want to be upset about three missed SB opportunities, Roman should be your focal point.
geek went ahead and let himself open to...." would you rather have jimmy raye"? "look at our offense before roman" .. while roman should be the focal point for not winning the super bowl vs the raven in my opinion,,, JH gets no pass as he is an enabler as he lets mr taco tuesday just go on with his inepteness. now if that sounds like romophobia, sobeit
Harbaugh says power run

Quite a feat

geek went ahead and let himself open to...." would you rather have jimmy raye"? "look at our offense before roman" .. while roman should be the focal point for not winning the super bowl vs the raven in my opinion,,, JH gets no pass as he is an enabler as he lets mr taco tuesday just go on with his inepteness. now if that sounds like romophobia, sobeit

gotta agree with cc on this one. Everything that goes on to the field before EXECUTION IS PARAMOUNT harbs has a hand in it and final say.
[ Edited by Allx9er on May 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Kilgore could of stopped that from happening too, sometimes the coaches are loyal to a fault to some of these vets. Luckily he was one of the last ones they had that problem with, with the exception of Snyder.. gotta bad feeling his "versatility" might knock someone promising off the roster.

This has been my major issue for the whole two seasons. First with Williams and then with Goodwin. Fact is, Roman and Harbaugh still have this weird college mentality that execution and determination will somehow compensate for lack of creativity and low level of talent. Roman needs to review his talent and play calling methodology (he's still seems to be stuck in college playclock mode) and both need to know when to cut bait with some players.

This. In the Stevie Johnson interview, he said our playbook was like "Chinese" to him.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
with all the talent at WR now, we will need to use some 3 WR & 4 WR Sets ....I'm sure they will adjust the offense to accommodate the talent we have at receiver and get more playmakers out on the field ...but we will still employ the bloody knuckles running game, and run out of exotic formations .. Harbaugh loves to use the FB & TE the majority of the time, I don't expect that to change much

Agreed...like when they call a play for Miller or McDonald, we'll see a few more "packages" of the 3 WR-sets but I don't actually expect much to change at all esp. from a philosophical perspective. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.
Share 49ersWebzone