There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which head coach firing was the worst mistake made by niner ownership

Which head coach firing was the worst mistake made by niner ownership

Becuase Harbaugh is still the head coach.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Why is Harbaugh on the list?

Anyways, I voted Monte Clark.
Mooch but he deserved it in part.

In that last Packers game his decisions sucked.
Last I checked, Harbaugh was still our coach and there is no reason (aside from foolish speculation) to think that he is going anywhere. He certainly won't get fired unless he starts loosing.

So why is this even a poll?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
stupid

Mooch didn't deserve the treatment he got but I don't think he was right for the HC job. Great OC but I think he was too nice to get all the players motivated.

Dumbest front office move imo was hiring Erickson
i like mooch, but i felt his message had run its course with this team. i wanted him fired after the loss in tampa.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
They did the dirty Sanchez firing Mooch. Just straight wrong.

his firing was completely justified. Mooch proved he was a giant vagina in the NFC divisional playoff game vs the Buccaneers in 2002. he let the team quit with more than 2 minutes left in the first half.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
They did the dirty Sanchez firing Mooch. Just straight wrong.

his firing was completely justified. Mooch proved he was a giant vagina in the NFC divisional playoff game vs the Buccaneers in 2002. he let the team quit with more than 2 minutes left in the first half.

even if the kept him, with the cap situation they were heading into the team would have gotten slightly worse, missed the playoffs and he would have been fired the next year. he would have had a better record than erikson in 2003 but not enough to save his job.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
How does harbaugh only has 17% of the vote?? We went from a 6-10 team to 3 straight NFC title games and a super bowl under harbaugh.

I voted for Mooch, my reasoning was that Mooch was the last real non-player asset on the 49ers when he was canned. After that, it was apparent that what was left couldn't put together opposing straps on a Velcro shoe.

I'm not as concerned if Harbaugh bolted. In many ways, he's the sum of his parts. He's not like the hoodie or Sean Payton; Head Coaches that have direct strategic control over one side of the ball. There are a lot of good OC's out there that could do more with the offensive talent. Fact is, as much as I hate the guy, I do believe Shanahan could move this team north for a short while. And remember before you discount him, he had the WORST GM in the league, Dan Snyder.
[ Edited by Geeked on Feb 26, 2014 at 9:26 AM ]
Well Jim H. should not be part of this poll since he is still our coach... but Steve Mariucci by far was the worst ever... That was the begging a ten year drought for us.
Steve Mariucci.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the firing of monte clark was bad,, no reason, we were 8-6 and only injuries prevented us from making a deep run in the playoffs,, f**k joe thomas,, he came in and wanted monte to give up control, monte said f**k you. we saw what took place,,,,, now i did not mind the firing of mooch because he was over rated, to worried about being a buddy to the players and media not to mention going into a fetal position vs tampa. what upset me was that the team had no plan to bring in someone better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
For anyone old enough to remember, the Monte Clark firing was worse than Mariucci.

if willie mcgee had not got hurt we would have been in the super bowl and he would have been hall of fame.that gold rush
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i like mooch, but i felt his message had run its course with this team. i wanted him fired after the loss in tampa.
this times infinity
Originally posted by cciowa:
the firing of monte clark was bad,, no reason, we were 8-6 and only injuries prevented us from making a deep run in the playoffs,, f**k joe thomas,, he came in and wanted monte to give up control, monte said f**k you. we saw what took place,,,,, now i did not mind the firing of mooch because he was over rated, to worried about being a buddy to the players and media not to mention going into a fetal position vs tampa. what upset me was that the team had no plan to bring in someone better.

yeah thats what makes everyone hate that move more than it should be hated on IMO. had they hired at least a competent HC after mooch there wouldn't be as much back lash of firing mooch. but to me at the time it was clear he had run his course in sf.