There are 355 users in the forums

Enough hate on Jim/Trent-- focus hate on Ownership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
[ Edited by 16to87 on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well of course there is. Thats a NEGOTIOTION position. When players talk contracts teams all of the sudden find every single flaw they have in order to bring that players price down.

The 49ers will pay him and pay him well, but its bad and stupid business to tear up his contract in year 3 and nearly double his pay jst to make him happy. The 49ers have the leverage. They will talk, but they won't be rushed. Why should they? They have the upper hand.

so was york doing something "bad and stupid" last off-season after the superbowl when he tried to do just that?

stop this...its dumb to delay what needs to be done, its festering for no reason, he deserves it and give him what he wants, make him the highest paid, enough p***yfooting around this bs

Do you know what Harbaugh wants?
Originally posted by buck:
Well of course there is. Thats a NEGOTIOTION position. When players talk contracts teams all of the sudden find every single flaw they have in order to bring that players price down.

The 49ers will pay him and pay him well, but its bad and stupid business to tear up his contract in year 3 and nearly double his pay jst to make him happy. The 49ers have the leverage. They will talk, but they won't be rushed. Why should they? They have the upper hand.

so was york doing something "bad and stupid" last off-season after the superbowl when he tried to do just that?

stop this...its dumb to delay what needs to be done, its festering for no reason, he deserves it and give him what he wants, make him the highest paid, enough p***yfooting around this bs

i know what you want....come and get it big boy...quite a fascination w/ me, i won't bite
The pressure of getting so close three years in a row could be the major reason for everything coming to the surface. Coach Harbaugh or Baalke could have liked a player each year that the other didn't sign onto. Either way I think Harbaugh's people put the message out there.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

i know what you want....come and get it big boy...quite a fascination w/ me, i won't bite

LOL, wtf
Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL, wtf

I've heard Jed come on the radio and various other media sources all support Jed when he says Harbaugh can't be the highest paid til he wins a superbowl

who gives a fck....harbaugh just build you a free stadium

what kind of arrogance is this..it has to be John York...its $8M/yr, pay him, those SBL's sold for one reason and one reason only...his success w/ this team
It's only half a million or so above Pete Carroll and Jeff Fisher. As has been said, they have sold out their high priced seats. Before Harbaugh came Candlestick was a ghost town on gamedays. What are the Yorks thinking? Arrogant, unappreciative...I agree. If I were Harbaugh, this would be a major turn-off. Would I want to work for owners which so little gratitude and belief in me. He's only been coaching for three years. He still has much to learn. He will improve, and yet he has been the most winning coach in football. This SuperBowl or all else is failure mentality, if this is what Jed holds too, will cause them to loose what is probably the best coach in football. They will not find another one any time soon. Can't they remember how inept they were in hiring Nolan, Erickson and Singletary. They lucked out with Harbaugh. If they let him go, I fear we will see this franchise plummett once again. I think we gave Jed way to much credit the last few years....

Seriously? Its not rocket science.

Bad and stupid would be to offer him a HUGE contact extension when you hold the leverage. Working with him on an extension when he has earned one is not.
A couple things again...

1) Dunno. York should pay him what he thinks Harbaugh is worth...no more, no less. This is how they treat players and it's how they should treat coaches. More importantly though, why is everyone villainizing him for not ripping up a contract 2 full years early? People act like he's such a horrible owner when the guy has a FIVE year contract. hell, these negotiations began after year TWO. York is under ZERO obligation to rip up a contract that early. The fact that he's willing to TALK about an extension is a sign that he's a GOOD owner, not the other way around.

2) Big, fat, hairy BS in the "Free Stadium because of Harbaugh" notion. Are sales better because the team is winning? Of course. Would they likely have sold anyway? IMO, yes. I was always going to SBLs in a new stadium and that was LONG before harbaugh was hired. A new stadium is a huge selling point. Its will be the "it" thing.

I'm sure the team winning lately has helped in a big way, but saying Harbaugh got them a free stadium is totally bogus and a gross exaggeration of the truth.

disagree, SBL sales would not be 95% sold out if they weren't doing so well

Maybe not right NOW, but they would be eventually.
Jeez...

Nobody is saying that. These are REAL $$$$ we are talking about. The team has a budget. Are they about to make a ton more money. Sure. Does that mean you throw 20 mil at him? No. Its a negotiation. That's it.

My guess is that eventually Harbagh WILL be the highest paid coach in the NFL. That doesn't mean you have to tear up his contract right now with 2 full years left and just "give him what he wants".

There is no emergency here. It will or will not get done but nothing has changed in the last 2 week except the media and the fans perception of the siruation. In the building, they all know whats up.

they did try to do just that..u know that full well that after the superbowl loss they offered him a deal that was not what harbaugh wanted, meaning it didnt't make him the highest paid

nothing will change on that..harbaugh isn't going to sign any dotted line that doesn't make him the highest paid coach in the nfl...him and his agent know another team will pay him that

if york was ready to re-do his contract last yr but not make him the highest paid...he should do it now, the more this festers for no good reason the worse it is

he's deserving, pay the man

Sigh. I give up.

Seriously? Its not rocket science.

Bad and stupid would be to offer him a HUGE contact extension when you hold the leverage. Working with him on an extension when he has earned one is not.

umm they hold no leverage, harbaugh wants to be the highest paid and won't settle for anything else...once it gets to next year and the fact that harbaugh's camp has the entire nfl thinking he's available via trade u can be certain there will be multiple suitors and the price is only going up

he's going to be the highest paid coach in the nfl, there is no doubt about that.....he will have multiple suitors ready to pay him that and offer the 9ers picks for him next year

its up to jed to decide when he wants to stop p***yfooting around and accept reality and pony up
Maybe not right NOW, but they would be eventually.

eventually? lol...not b4 the season, not if they aren't winning not a chance
Sigh. I give up.

agree, i give up....you seem to live in a lala land where you think the 9ers have leverage

harbaugh ain't signing anything that doesn't make him the highest paid coach in the nfl and he knows he will get the money elsewhere if the yorks don't pony up

i think you have some misconceived idea in your head that jim harbaugh's negotiations would go like that of a player where you can get them to take a lesser deal earlier when u have leverage....FYI his contract is fully guaranteed...the 9ers have no leverage marvin
[ Edited by iLL49er on Feb 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
reid is making 6 mil in KC, kelly making 6.5 mil in philly, fisher is making 7 mil in stl, carroll was making around 7 mil before winning the sb. harbaugh has a legit gripe here, its almost not about being THE highest paid, he has guys above him on the list that at the very minnimum he should be equal too.

he flat out wants to be the highest paid...it was reported the 9ers offered him a pay raise after the superbowl which he rejected cuz it didn't make him the highest paid

the way i see it the york's need to stop p***yfooting and make him the highest paid for the very fact he sold their SBL's for them and built them a free stadium...let alone the fact he's got the team in superbowl contention yearly

Is this like when Jim "Diego" Harbaugh built that house in South America. Bet them cheap f**kers didn't pay either.

You're making this sound like an extremely simple problem when I'm sure it's far more complex than you believe.
Share 49ersWebzone