LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Originally posted by verb1der:
I think you all are forgetting that Baalke is the man responsible for bringing in Harbaugh! We wouldn't have had all this success without Baalke. I'm sure he can find reputable replacement.

Or they'll do the safer thing and promote from within and good luck with that.
I think you all are forgetting that Baalke is the man responsible for bringing in Harbaugh! We wouldn't have had all this success without Baalke. I'm sure he can find reputable replacement.

you say bringing in as if he wasn't the hottest coaching candidate at the time lol

you could have brought in jim

just say i represent the 49ers here is $5 million a year and a loaded roster and a storied franchise. jim joined because it was the 49ers CLEARLY

listen i hope it never does but if it does id get rid of everyone who is siding with baalke

the players side with jim. the chemistry on this team is unmatched they fight for each other and love each other

we are where we need to be and will be better than last year

don't set the franchise back 8 years with this group of talent
Originally posted by Raul98:
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.

A F.Y.I. to your F.Y.I. Take Kilgore off your list. He definitely has yet to make an impact as you have indicated.
oh i dunno...this ?

1 (30) - A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois
2 (61) - LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4 (117) - Joe Looney, OG, Wake Forest
5 (165) - Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame
6 (180) - Trent Robinson, FS, Michigan State
6 (199) - Jason Slowey, OL, Western Oregon
7 (237) - Cam Johnson, DE/OLB, Virginia
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Raul98:
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.

A F.Y.I. to your F.Y.I. Take Kilgore off your list. He definitely has yet to make an impact as you have indicated.

Hes been a decent back up but if that's not good enough of a impact fine by me that's * 6 players out 28 that Baalke has drafted that have made a impact still a horrible percentage.
Harbaugh is a football coach- Period. He turned this franchise around. He is the valued resource. Baalke is a dime a dozen. Baalke has never coached or been close to the field. This is no contest.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

you say bringing in as if he wasn't the hottest coaching candidate at the time lol

you could have brought in jim

just say i represent the 49ers here is $5 million a year and a loaded roster and a storied franchise. jim joined because it was the 49ers CLEARLY

listen i hope it never does but if it does id get rid of everyone who is siding with baalke

the players side with jim. the chemistry on this team is unmatched they fight for each other and love each other

we are where we need to be and will be better than last year

don't set the franchise back 8 years with this group of talent

Cutting Harbaugh wouldn't mean rebuilding! Any decent coach can compete with this roster, it would almost be like when Gruden took over Tony Dungy's Bucs and then won it all.
Also, check out what their saying on Calicousins.com; pretty pissed off over there and funny too: http://calicousins.com/
Originally posted by mysportbox:
Harbaugh is a football coach- Period. He turned this franchise around. He is the valued resource. Baalke is a dime a dozen. Baalke has never coached or been close to the field. This is no contest.

I'm confident another GM and HArbaugh's eye for talent would be able to draft similar talents.

Now, where to find a coach like Harbaugh? Ebay?
You guys are flat out insane

Here are the players that Baalke took over after the 2010 season. Does this look like an All-Star squad? It is a mess and fully transformed by Baalke and Baalke alone.

Offense
QB (3): Alex Smith, David Carr, Nate Davis
RB (3): Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook
FB (1): Moran Norris
WR (5): Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn Jr, Dominique Zeigler
TE (3): Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham
LT (2): Joe Staley, Barry Sims
LG (1):
C (1):
RG (2): Chilo Rachal, Tony Wragge
RT (1): Adam Snyder, Alex Boone

5 capable starters on offense.

Defense
DE (4): Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Ray McDonald
DT (2): Issac Sopoago, Ricky Jean Francois
OLB (5): Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, Travis LaBoy, Diyral Briggs
ILB (3): Patrick Willis
CB (6): Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown, Will James, Phillip Adams, Tramaine Brock
FS (2): Dashon Goldson, Reggie Smith
SS (3): Curtis Taylor

7 capable starters on D

Special Teams
K:
P: Andy Lee
LS: Brian Jennings

-He cut Nate Clements and Eric Heitman. David Baas signed with the Giants. Takeo Spikes signed with SD. Manny Lawson signed in Cincinatti. Aubrayo Franklin signed in New Orleans. Nedney retired.
-He traded away Taylor Mays
-He signed starters Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner and Jon Goodwin. And signed David Akers who went on to have a Pro Bowl season.
-Rookies that he drafted in 2010: Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis and Navarro Bowman were named starters.
-Rookies that he drafted in 2011: Aldon Smith and Bruce Miller were named starters while Culliver, Hunter and Kilgore became solid role players.
-Colin Kaepernick became a franchise QB for us in 2012
-He traded Alex Smith for two 2nd round picks
-He traded a 6th for Boldin who had the best season for a WR in 10 years for us.
-He signed Glenn Dorsey to shore up our NT position.
-He drafted a rookie safety who made the Pro Bowl and another WR with loads of potential in Patton. If Carradine pans out he will be a steal where we got him. Same for Lattimore.
-And we have 12 draft picks to play with this year.

IMO, it's an easy decision who we should keep. The way Baalke has transformed this roster in basically the first year he took over is nothing short of amazing.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM ]

all this! ^^
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm confident another GM and HArbaugh's eye for talent would be able to draft similar talents.

Harbaugh's eye for talent like LaMichael James?
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Harbaugh's eye for talent like LaMichael James?

Like kap and reid
gimmie Jimbo Harbaugh 100x out of 100. Heck I could do the drafting. JH should have a say in personnel and draft picks and FA signings also.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
gimmie Jimbo Harbaugh 100x out of 100. Heck I could do the drafting. JH should have a say in personnel and draft picks and FA signings also.

Harbaugh should have NOTHING to do with personnel decisions.
Share 49ersWebzone