There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Originally posted by dugo:
The more and more I'm reading about this story, the more I'm thinking the FO will have to make a decision on who they will keep.. There is some bad blood running in the FO and now is threading to corrupt the stability of our Niners. Jed will have to make a choice and bring this to a end,, I'm hoping and thinking after the draft....Of course it only makes sense to keep Harbaugh,, A GM IMHO are way easier to replace then trying to find a top quality coach ( see Dallas or Detroit, lots of talent poorly coached) But who really knows how much pride is involved and how deep that pride runs??

I heard everyone in the FO is afraid of Baalke, because he's gangsta. Jed balls will be tested.
Originally posted by dugo:
The more and more I'm reading about this story, the more I'm thinking the FO will have to make a decision on who they will keep.. There is some bad blood running in the FO and now is threading to corrupt the stability of our Niners. Jed will have to make a choice and bring this to a end,, I'm hoping and thinking after the draft....Of course it only makes sense to keep Harbaugh,, A GM IMHO are way easier to replace then trying to find a top quality coach ( see Dallas or Detroit, lots of talent poorly coached) But who really knows how much pride is involved and how deep that pride runs??

What makes perfect sense if it comes down to that decision is make Harbaugh Head Coach / GM they have to have faith he knows what hes doing and will do the best he can to bring in players that fit his system and will help us win. I totally understand why hes mad hes trying to run a team his way hes a control freak and Baalke wont let him bring in the players he wants so they bump heads. I have way more faith in Harbaugh bringing in players to help us win than Baalke. I hope Silver Spoon Jed sees the same thing.
Originally posted by Raul98:
What makes perfect sense if it comes down to that decision is make Harbaugh Head Coach / GM they have to have faith he knows what hes doing and will do the best he can to bring in players that fit his system and will help us win. I totally understand why hes mad hes trying to run a team his way hes a control freak and Baalke wont let him bring in the players he wants so they bump heads. I have way more faith in Harbaugh bringing in players to help us win than Baalke. I hope Silver Spoon Jed sees the same thing.

exactly

baalke either needs to check his ego or go. it shouldn't even be a thought. he should call baalke into the office and make this CLEAR.

wouldn't surprise me if baalke was the one entertaining a trade for jim without jim's knowledge. trying to get rid of him.
you are not giving him credit for when he was interm gm in 2010 anthony davis, mike iupati, navarro bowman

Originally posted by Raul98:
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.
you are not giving him credit for when he was interm gm in 2010 anthony davis, mike iupati, navarro bowman

Originally posted by Raul98:
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Raul98:
What makes perfect sense if it comes down to that decision is make Harbaugh Head Coach / GM they have to have faith he knows what hes doing and will do the best he can to bring in players that fit his system and will help us win. I totally understand why hes mad hes trying to run a team his way hes a control freak and Baalke wont let him bring in the players he wants so they bump heads. I have way more faith in Harbaugh bringing in players to help us win than Baalke. I hope Silver Spoon Jed sees the same thing.

exactly

baalke either needs to check his ego or go. it shouldn't even be a thought. he should call baalke into the office and make this CLEAR.

wouldn't surprise me if baalke was the one entertaining a trade for jim without jim's knowledge. trying to get rid of him.
I am not here to bash Baalke all though i have disagreed with a lot of his picks this is more of me defending Harbaugh some body has to the 49er front office sure isn't all i see is reports of there willing to let him walk if he chooses to leave. I suffered threw the Ericsson, Nolan. Singletary sh*t show so i know what Harbaugh means to this team. I feel comfortable and happy with him as the leader of this team. If him and Baalke have issues Jed has to be a man and squash this now! In Harbaugh i trust if it comes down to one of them has to go good bye Baalke i have a ton more faith in Harbaugh to do whats right for this team over Baalke.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by prhyme:
you are not giving him credit for when he was interm gm in 2010 anthony davis, mike iupati, navarro bowman

Originally posted by Raul98:
This whole situation is so stupid was Baalke the one who made us a SuperBowl contender after years of misery? Is Baalke the one who put the 49ers back in the spotlight after years of being mediocre? It was all Harbaugh with out him we are a 9-7 team with a first round loss in the playoffs. This just goes to show how Jed and the Yorks have no F'ng idea on how to run a team. There delusional ego makes them think who cares if Harbaugh goes we have Levis Stadium and a talented team that's enough to get us back to the SuperBowl. I'm sick of seeing these articles the fact Harbaughs name has even been mentioned in this manner makes me sick.

And just a F.Y.I. Baalke is a crappy GM he has drafted 28 players since he became GM and only 7 players have made a impact on the team. Eric Reid, Aldon Smith,Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, Daniel Kilgore and Bruce Miller. The jury is yet to be decided on some of his other picks.

Ok i give him credit for those picks but if it comes down to him or Harbaugh leaving i pick Baalke every single time.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I am not here to bash Baalke all though i have disagreed with a lot of his picks this is more of me defending Harbaugh some body has to the 49er front office sure isn't all i see is reports of there letting to let him walk if he chooses to leave. If i were a 49er. I suffered threw the Ericsson, Nolan. Singletary sh*t show so i know what Harbaugh means to this team. I feel comfortable and happy with him as the leader of this team. If him and Baalke have issues Jed has to be a man and squash this now! In Harbaugh i trust if it comes down to one of them has to go good bye Baalke i have a ton more faith in Harbaugh to do whats right for this team over Baalke.

its not bashing baalke its being truthful
the coach is more valuable period.

the draft is a crap shoot and baalke is a better gambler than a whole lot of other gm's

but

jim is the one we need.

baalke is a luxury.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by dugo:
The more and more I'm reading about this story, the more I'm thinking the FO will have to make a decision on who they will keep.. There is some bad blood running in the FO and now is threading to corrupt the stability of our Niners. Jed will have to make a choice and bring this to a end,, I'm hoping and thinking after the draft....Of course it only makes sense to keep Harbaugh,, A GM IMHO are way easier to replace then trying to find a top quality coach ( see Dallas or Detroit, lots of talent poorly coached) But who really knows how much pride is involved and how deep that pride runs??

What makes perfect sense if it comes down to that decision is make Harbaugh Head Coach / GM they have to have faith he knows what hes doing and will do the best he can to bring in players that fit his system and will help us win. I totally understand why hes mad hes trying to run a team his way hes a control freak and Baalke wont let him bring in the players he wants so they bump heads. I have way more faith in Harbaugh bringing in players to help us win than Baalke. I hope Silver Spoon Jed sees the same thing.

Yeah for sure!!! Jed is gonna have to reach down and use them silver spoon nutzz and run this club like his uncle did with no BS ,,I never really did like Baalke and after 2012 draft liked him even less A lot of clubs/ fans clown us for that draft class.Jed should see which of his employees is performing, Harbaugh or Baalke and go from there...
[ Edited by dugo on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Raul98:
I am not here to bash Baalke all though i have disagreed with a lot of his picks this is more of me defending Harbaugh some body has to the 49er front office sure isn't all i see is reports of there letting to let him walk if he chooses to leave. If i were a 49er. I suffered threw the Ericsson, Nolan. Singletary sh*t show so i know what Harbaugh means to this team. I feel comfortable and happy with him as the leader of this team. If him and Baalke have issues Jed has to be a man and squash this now! In Harbaugh i trust if it comes down to one of them has to go good bye Baalke i have a ton more faith in Harbaugh to do whats right for this team over Baalke.

its not bashing baalke its being truthful
the coach is more valuable period.

the draft is a crap shoot and baalke is a better gambler than a whole lot of other gm's

but

jim is the one we need.

baalke is a luxury.
Your right and the fact this discussion has even come up the last few days is heart breaking to me i cant believe this. Jed needs to sit Harbaugh and Baalke down A.S.A.P. and put a end to this now.
This really is a no brainer. How'd we do with Singeltary and Baalke? How'd we do with Harbaugh and Baalke? This team is a top team because of Harbaugh. He is the best coach in the league in my opinion and we'll prove it over the next few years with a few superbowl victories. We can not afford to lose him.


Baalke needs to hit the road if it's a power struggle between the two. I think the supposed 'tension' is being blown up way out of proportion by the media though.
Harbaugh is without a doubt the choice , there is one simple reason , he is a leader of men !

This may seem obvious but I will never forget watching a clip from the locker room after the lions " Handshake " game in 2011. Harbaugh , is congratulating the team and then he begins to say " Clutch , Clutch " while shaking his fist then pointing to a player . The camera pans to the person he is addressing and it's Alex Smith . The same Alex Smith who's confidence had been so totally destroyed by Nolan and Singletary . The look in Smith's face reminded me of the look my kids give them when I compliment them . In that moment I knew we had a leader of men , a coach who could make ordinary men believe they could do extrodinary things .

I really hope that these guys can figure this thing out but I dont hold out much hope .

Coach Harbaugh thank you for three great years of football .
Originally posted by Raul98:
Ok i give him credit for those picks but if it comes down to him or Harbaugh leaving i pick Baalke every single time.

you'd pick baalke over harbaugh? I thought you were saying the opposite. I prefer harbaugh personally, because as great as I think baalke is, he only picks the players he doesn't get to mold them.
Harbaugh all the way. You don't throw away winning coaches.
[ Edited by sacleads on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:37 PM ]
harbaugh no doubt