There are 159 users in the forums

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If it comes down to it, who would you rather have?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
IF we're gonna move on from harbs and get another coach in the next year or two, i'd prefer not to have one of these big names who hasnt been coaching for the last 5-10 years. guys like cowher, gruden, dungy, holmgren do not interest me at all. i'd rather promote a tomsula type of find the next up and comer.

Yea let's replace one of the greatest offensive minds in the game for a dline coach. That will get this offense going...
i do not speak for my friend crab but I think he was trying to say tomsula is a very very good coach who is well liked by the team and the players would be ok with this,,, and while crabs did not say it, he may be thinking if JH goes, his fat little henchman roman will go and we will get a new and better OC. JH may have a great offensive mind but we did not see that to much this year with the results did we?

Everyone felt the same thing about Singletary. How did that work out? Results? 3 NFCCG in a row. That's some pretty impressive results to me.
i never did,, i hated that hire, it was f**king knee jerk reaction. but i was banned at the time so i could say nothing if Jh goes, you then get a much better OC. Jh may have a great offensive mind but we still can not plays called in on time
I think for the players, they want John Harbaugh here and want to play for him. I think that's important.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrenaline:
I think for the players, they want John Harbaugh here and want to play for him. I think that's important.

Why?

PARTY FOUL
Patrick Stewart.

... wait, what are we talking about?

John? You are in the wrong website dude.
Harbaugh for offense, so who did he directly turned into a pro bowler....

I can't think of one after the 2011. Iupati?

The pro bowlers are mostly on defense and that's Fangio's side of the ball.

Gore, VD, Staley were all pro bowlers before Harbaugh got here.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]

John signed an extension with his team. He won't be coming here to replace his brother anytime soon.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
IF we're gonna move on from harbs and get another coach in the next year or two, i'd prefer not to have one of these big names who hasnt been coaching for the last 5-10 years. guys like cowher, gruden, dungy, holmgren do not interest me at all. i'd rather promote a tomsula type of find the next up and comer.

Yea let's replace one of the greatest offensive minds in the game for a dline coach. That will get this offense going...
i do not speak for my friend crab but I think he was trying to say tomsula is a very very good coach who is well liked by the team and the players would be ok with this,,, and while crabs did not say it, he may be thinking if JH goes, his fat little henchman roman will go and we will get a new and better OC. JH may have a great offensive mind but we did not see that to much this year with the results did we?

Everyone felt the same thing about Singletary. How did that work out? Results? 3 NFCCG in a row. That's some pretty impressive results to me.

Yup. I just don't get it. We saw what a "stacked" roster could do before JH arrived. We barely had any pro-bowlers or all-pros until JH arrived. As if JH didn't have anything to to with the transformation of those players, making them a cohesive unit. He made our guys better players and individuals....

People are acting like we had a superbowl team before JH arrived and it was just "plug and play." No. JH used good talent from Baalke and turned this into a stacked super bowl contender.

If JH leaves, we are going back to the cellar. If Baalke leaves, it won't be as impactful. At least not right away.

Exactly! Cowboys and Redskins are examples of teams that have very talented players and a sorry head coach. Look at the turnaround the Chiefs made after hiring Andy Reid.

Yup. I just don't get it. We saw what a "stacked" roster could do before JH arrived. We barely had any pro-bowlers or all-pros until JH arrived. As if JH didn't have anything to to with the transformation of those players, making them a cohesive unit. He made our guys better players and individuals....

People are acting like we had a superbowl team before JH arrived and it was just "plug and play." No. JH used good talent from Baalke and turned this into a stacked super bowl contender.

If JH leaves, we are going back to the cellar. If Baalke leaves, it won't be as impactful. At least not right away.

THIS!!! How easily we forget. I remember our stacked team before Harbaugh. We couldn't even get a wild card spot. Suddenly, he can be easily replaced. LOL
[ Edited by sacleads on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM ]

• obx49
  • Veteran

i never did,, i hated that hire, it was f**king knee jerk reaction. but i was banned at the time so i could say nothing if Jh goes, you then get a much better OC. Jh may have a great offensive mind but we still can not plays called in on time

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine replacing Harbaugh with a second rate defensive guy. That didn't work out the last two time it was tried and I'm pretty sure it won't work this time either. Harbaugh has the pulse of the team and we are on the verge of winning a SB. We can't just break this up because of a couple of million dollars/yr that the cheap ass Yorks refuses to fork over.
[ Edited by obx49 on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Harbaugh for offense, so who did he directly turned into a pro bowler....

I can't think of one after the 2011. Iupati?

The pro bowlers are mostly on defense and that's Fangio's side of the ball.

Gore, VD, Staley were all pro bowlers before Harbaugh got here.

Spot on. As long as the defensive staff stays in tact, you could replace the entire offensive philosophy and staff (minus Rathman) and we might do better TODAY. That unit hasn't developed a single thing.
I'm sorry, I just can't imagine replacing Harbaugh with a second rate defensive guy. That didn't work out the last two time it was tried and I'm pretty sure it won't work this time either. Harbaugh has the pulse of the team and we are on the verge of winning a SB. We can't just break this up because of a couple of million dollars/yr that the cheap ass Yorks refuses to fork over.

Agreed...Tomsula would need a very good independent OC like Fangio for Harbaugh to free him up to "coach."
Raiders had a conference championship team, traded their coach for 2 1sts and and 2 2nds and immediately went to s**te for more than a decade. Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Originally posted by Lunchwagon:
Raiders had a conference championship team, traded their coach for 2 1sts and and 2 2nds and immediately went to s**te for more than a decade. Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Yup. Talent in the NFL is all over the place. You need a coach to bring it all together.
Share 49ersWebzone