LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 341 users in the forums

Craig Dahl's base salary has reduced down to $825K from $1.35M

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Craig Dahl's base salary has reduced down to $825K from $1.35M

It appears that the 49ers are doing some more restructuring of contracts, as I've noticed in the NFLPA database that Craig Dahl's base salary has been reduced from $1.35 million down to $825,000. That would be a $525,000 savings, plus he may have had his $250,000 roster bonus, and $50,000 workout bonus eliminated, which would make the savings as much as $825,000.

I am unsure of whether it is a restructure, pay cut, or just that his base salary de-escalated. I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date on the news, as I receive more information.
WE OUT HERE REDUCING EVERYBODYS SALARY

Under the deal, which was signed Friday, Dahl saw his base salary slashed from $1.35 million to $825,000. The 49ers guaranteed $365,000 of Dahl's 2014 salary, the source said. His cap figure was reduced from $1.883 million to $1.283 million.

In addition, Dahl has the ability to make $175,000 in per-game roster bonuses. He can earn an additional $650,000 in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives if he makes the Pro Bowl and reaches certain marks in playtime and interceptions.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-safety-dahl-agrees-pay-cut
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
I think he should be given a chance to win the SS spot. I know he's not too athletic but he does have a year experience in this Fangio system so the discipline should be there.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think he should be given a chance to win the SS spot. I know he's not too athletic but he does have a year experience in this Fangio system so the discipline should be there.

Athleticism isn't his problem. He posted very good numbers back at his combine and his athleticism is a large part of why he excels on special teams.

He just doesn't have very good instincts at safety. Takes poor angles and doesn't have much of a feel in coverage.

Every spot is an open competition according to Harbaugh, though.
Ugh i was hoping he'd get cut... I never understood why we signed him to begin with tha dude couldn't even cut it with tha ram'z. ....
Alright, he is one of the guys we thought could have to take a cut along with Baldwin and Rogers. Gore as well but seems like they aren't going to ask Gore to take a cut if they don't have to. Rogers I'm sure they want to get that cap number from 8.1 mil down to around 2.5-3 mil. My guess is Rogers won't take that cut. We can save 5.1 with about 3 in dead money. Wonder if we have talked to him yet? Just looking at the list other than Baldwin, Dahl and Rogers not seeing too many players who's cap number is way more than it should be. Skuta at 1.650 would probably have been redone if he was just a ST player but he proved valuable at LB and he likely won't be asked. Most of the time when they ask someone who isn't a star of the team it's because they are the closest to getting cut and they want to see if they will budge a little this way they aren't forced to cut them. In most cases they would rather keep the player at a reduced salary than cut them even if it's for camp competition and they still could end up getting cut anyways.

As for Dahl we all thought his contract was a little high as almost all of us believed he would be backup/ST. 3 years 5.25 which is 1.75 average. Well with this 600k pay cut we are at 3 years 4.65 which means a 1.55 average. And that's if he plays next year at full amount which he won't. His cap number is about 1.933 with only a 233k cap hit so 1.7 savings so expect him to either reduce again by a large margin or get cut fully. If he does play on a reduced the total contract will be somewhere around 4 mil for 3 years.

Edit: Some brought up Snyder at 1.3 million and only 250k in dead money if we cut him for a 1.050 mil savings. I'm not sure we ask him to restructure and honesty 1.3 mil for a guy who can back up all OL spots isn't bad at all. I don't expect him to get cut or restructure. He did well last year, better than when he was here last time.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM ]
the real story here is this frees up space to retain donte whitner

barrows reports the 9ers feel good about brigning back whitner and kawakami backed it up...kawakami also reported that niners just waiting on boldin to decide if its a 3yr or a 2yr deal, so that's done deal

whitner and boldin back...we coming, superbowl run
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ugh i was hoping he'd get cut... I never understood why we signed him to begin with tha dude couldn't even cut it with tha ram'z. ....

There is no guarantee Baldwin or Dahl still won't get cut but it's less likely now that they restructured. Still a chance though.
rogers still getting the axe tho?

^^ I hope so
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
^^ I hope so

Ditto
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Athleticism isn't his problem. He posted very good numbers back at his combine and his athleticism is a large part of why he excels on special teams.

He just doesn't have very good instincts at safety. Takes poor angles and doesn't have much of a feel in coverage.

Every spot is an open competition according to Harbaugh, though.

This. When I saw him come into the game at safety, I got the same queasy, sick feeling that I used to get when Chilo Rachal came off the bench. He lacks instincts for the position, he's a high quality special teams performer and there's nothing wrong with that.
This is absolutely fantastic.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Alright, he is one of the guys we thought could have to take a cut along with Baldwin and Rogers. Gore as well but seems like they aren't going to ask Gore to take a cut if they don't have to. Rogers I'm sure they want to get that cap number from 8.1 mil down to around 2.5-3 mil. My guess is Rogers won't take that cut. We can save 5.1 with about 3 in dead money. Wonder if we have talked to him yet? Just looking at the list other than Baldwin, Dahl and Rogers not seeing too many players who's cap number is way more than it should be. Skuta at 1.650 would probably have been redone if he was just a ST player but he proved valuable at LB and he likely won't be asked. Most of the time when they ask someone who isn't a star of the team it's because they are the closest to getting cut and they want to see if they will budge a little this way they aren't forced to cut them. In most cases they would rather keep the player at a reduced salary than cut them even if it's for camp competition and they still could end up getting cut anyways.

As for Dahl we all thought his contract was a little high as almost all of us believed he would be backup/ST. 3 years 5.25 which is 1.75 average. Well with this 600k pay cut we are at 3 years 4.65 which means a 1.55 average. And that's if he plays next year at full amount which he won't. His cap number is about 1.933 with only a 233k cap hit so 1.7 savings so expect him to either reduce again by a large margin or get cut fully. If he does play on a reduced the total contract will be somewhere around 4 mil for 3 years.

Edit: Some brought up Snyder at 1.3 million and only 250k in dead money if we cut him for a 1.050 mil savings. I'm not sure we ask him to restructure and honesty 1.3 mil for a guy who can back up all OL spots isn't bad at all. I don't expect him to get cut or restructure. He did well last year, better than when he was here last time.

Deangelo Hall just got a 4 yr 20 million dollar extension. No way Rogers gets 5 million a year on the open market. I think he'd take 2.5/3 million if that's what they offer him. Even Brown won't command more than Hall in free agency. Rogers might just be straight up released. Gotta get younger
Share 49ersWebzone