Originally posted by buck:
So far in the off season
Dawson+2 years=Very Good
Boldin+2 years=Very Good
Demarcus Dobbs+1 year tender=Good/Decent
Michael Wilhoite+1 year tender=Good.
Daniel Kilgore +extend for 3 years=Good
Eric Wright +signed. 1 year? $??=????=Good?
Antoine Bethea+4 years, 23M=Very Good
Blaine Gabbert +trade a 6th and a possible conditional based on playing time=Has potential
Donte Whitner+4 years, 28 M, Browns=Expected
Carlos Roger+$6.6 million cap savings=Very Good
Agreed! Lots of great moves thus far by the FO and we're only into day 1 of FA.
CB Tramaine Brock
- Signed to a 4-year, $16M extension (last 2013 move back in November)
WR Jon Baldwin
- Base salary in 2014 is now $645k (down from $1.4M). $755 available in (unreachable) incentives.
S Craig Dahl
- Base salary has been reduced from $1.35M down to $825,000. That would be a $525,000 savings, plus he may have had his $250,000 roster bonus, and $50,000 workout bonus eliminated, which would make the savings as much as $825,000.
C Daniel Kilgore
- The 49ers signed Kilgore, 26, to 3-year extension today that could keep the 2011 fifth-round pick with the team through 2017. The contract averages $1.8M per season with escalators of $900K available in the last two years, plus $900K in incentives in '17. DK's 2014 base is guaranteed and he also has a separate $600K roster bonus due April 1st, 2015 guaranteed for injury.
WILL Aldon Smith (FYI)
- According to MM we have a 5th year option for him so he is signed for 2014 and 2015 yet. So we don't expect us to sign him any time soon although doing so we would get him cheaper than we would 2-3 years now (place tag on him). Technically we could have him for 2014, 2015 and tag him in 2016 and 2017 without having to sign him to a long term deal.
WR Anquan Boldin
- Signed a two-year contract @ $12M with $9M guaranteed. Matt Maiocco@MaioccoCSN22 secsSource: #49ers Anquan Boldin's first year cap number is $2.364M. Deal is actually 5 years (for cap reasons) but voids after 2 years. Secondary/Assistant Defensive Coach Ed Donatell - Agreed to a two-year deal. If Donatell signed just a one-year extension, he could have been a candidate for defensive coordinator jobs next year. But the 49ers coveted him and clearly made it worth his while to stick around for the next two years.
Defensive Coordinator Vic Fangio
- Talks underway for a Vic Fangio extension.
ILB Michael Wilhoite
- Exclusive rights (will be back).
13 players signed to reserve/future contracts
- Those players include: QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson, RB Jewel Hampton, WR Devon Wylie, WR DeMarco Sampson, WR David Reed, WR Chuck Jacobs, OG Al Netter, OT Carter Bykowski, DT Christian Tupou, NT Mike Purcell, CB Dax Swanson, SS D.J. Campbell & P Colton Schmidt
DE Demarcus Dobbs
- #49ers expected to place lowest level tender ($1.4M) on RFA defensive end Demarcus Dobbs. First reported by @TomPelissero.
K Phil Dawson
- 2-year deal but details pending. AB81Rules projected a 1-year deal, worth $2.5M, with a $1M signing bonus, a $100,000 workout bonus, and a $1.4M base salary.
SS Antoine Bethea
- #49ers have reached agreement with Antoine Bethea on a four-year deal worth $21M per MB.
QB Blaine Gabbert
- Adam Schefter, Jacksonville traded him to SF for a 6th round pick, per sources @ $2M a year; expected to rework final year of his original contract to, potentially, serve as backup.
CB Eric Wright
- Resigns to a 1-year contract. Details pending.