LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

2014 Team Needs - Updates

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's good that they have slot system in place for rookie signing. It was totally ridiculous this time of the year when the system wasn't in place. Agents playing holdout games asking for money that makes no sense regarding their player's perceived potential. When in reality they haven't done jacks**t in the NFL.

We can all agree on that one!

^^^ You bet OND!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Tryouts
RB Anthony Wilkerson (Stanford)
FB Patrick Su'a (Fresno State)
WR Kevin Cummings (Oregon State)
WR Jerry Rice Jr. (UNLV)
TE Kane Friel (Brigham Young)
TE Kevin Greene (USC)
TE Taylor Sloat (UC Davis)
NT Viliami Moala (Cal)
LB Colin Kelly (UC Davis)
LB Chase Thomas (Stanford)
CB Drayton Allen-Calhoun (Middle Tennessee State)
CB Cameron Fuller (New Mexico State)
S Courtney Avery (Michigan)
S A.J. Highsmith (Miami)
LS Jimmy Davenport (Faulkner)

Thanks for the list.

TE Kevin Greene USC could be worth to keep an eye on as a possible practice squad candidate.

Former DE / OLB now TE / H-Back

Height 6027 Weight 247
40 Yrd Dash 4.40
10 Yrd Dash 1.56
Bench 21
Vertical 30 1/2
Broad 09´03"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.55
3-Cone Drill 6.94

Number 81 Time 0:00 - 2:25

Originally posted by DeUh:
Tryouts
RB Anthony Wilkerson (Stanford)
FB Patrick Su'a (Fresno State)
WR Kevin Cummings (Oregon State)
WR Jerry Rice Jr. (UNLV)
TE Kane Friel (Brigham Young)
TE Kevin Greene (USC)
TE Taylor Sloat (UC Davis)
NT Viliami Moala (Cal)
LB Colin Kelly (UC Davis)
LB Chase Thomas (Stanford)
CB Drayton Allen-Calhoun (Middle Tennessee State)
CB Cameron Fuller (New Mexico State)
S Courtney Avery (Michigan)
S A.J. Highsmith (Miami)
LS Jimmy Davenport (Faulkner)

Thanks for the list.

TE Kevin Greene USC could be worth to keep an eye on as a possible practice squad candidate.

Former DE / OLB now TE / H-Back

Height 6027 Weight 247
40 Yrd Dash 4.40
10 Yrd Dash 1.56
Bench 21
Vertical 30 1/2
Broad 09´03"
20 Yrd Shuttle 4.55
3-Cone Drill 6.94

Number 81 Time 0:00 - 2:25

You are too damn good! I was going to do some research on some of these guys and get a feel for why we invited them. Looks like Carrier is going to have some competition for the H-back position most likely. Know anything about the FB (we need one) and NT?
Just to help make fans remember the present (and help forget the past...Brown...Rogers).

Brock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkdvvcfOUE&feature=player_embedded
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
You are too damn good! I was going to do some research on some of these guys and get a feel for why we invited them. Looks like Carrier is going to have some competition for the H-back position most likely. Know anything about the FB (we need one) and NT?

Aside from their hair cuts

not much.

FB - Former Linebacker now playing FB. Good ST player.

NT - According to NFL.COM Moala was one of the nation's most sought-after recruits coming out of high School. Never lived up to his hype. Then as a Junior finally showed some potential. 37 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Edit: Just saw that there is a thread about Moala in the DraftWarRoom http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/176541-viliami-moala-cal-declares-nfl-draft/
[ Edited by DeUh on May 24, 2014 at 2:11 AM ]
^^^ If it was up to me they'd make the team on hair alone! Thanks for the insight as always.
With Luke being released we need a real OT. Not feeling good about Bykowski and Netter.
With Luke being released we need a real OT. Not feeling good about Bykowski and Netter.

No confidence in Martin?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

No confidence in Martin?

He is it though...need a developmental guy there as well or at least someone to puch Martin.
He is it though...need a developmental guy there as well or at least someone to puch Martin.

Well...Staley, Davis, Boone, Martin, and Bykowski...not a bad group. I would add Thomas to the mix as he has played OT in his career. Snyder can/could play there but I would be really unhappy if he makes this team!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
A personal dietitian / trainer for Greg Roman!!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Well...Staley, Davis, Boone, Martin, and Bykowski...not a bad group. I would add Thomas to the mix as he has played OT in his career. Snyder can/could play there but I would be really unhappy if he makes this team!

Staley and Davis have been nicked up over the years and we had to move Boone from RG to LT last year...not ideal. Marquardt looked very promising in developmnent so losing him is a bummer. Bykowski and Netter were horrendous last pre season. Maybe they've developed into something but I doubt it and neither will exactly "push" Martin who IMHO needs to be pushed. I would have loved to see Marquardt and Martin battle it out. Snyder can barely play guard...the last thing I want is him covering CK's blind side. LOL. But I get your points...
Originally posted by LVJay:

LMAO! You'd think fat coaches would utilize all the nuritionists and MD's hired by the team...or not.
Breslin (hip)/Marquardt (foot) cut but TE Kevin Greene & OLB Chase Thomas signed to the 90.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

LMAO! You'd think fat coaches would utilize all the nuritionists and MD's hired by the team...or not.

He was ecstatic when Hostess Twinkies made their comeback
Share 49ersWebzone