There are 712 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Team Needs - Updates

Originally posted by SoCold:
Per the espn draft needs page

WR, CB, C

I would rather the team take the best CB on the board with the first pick

I think a CB would help the team more than a WR THIS year.

Take a WR with the second pick and hope he's good two years from now.

If Whitner's gone (which is very possible at this point), the need for a potential starting SS becomes huge - totally leapfrogs C IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

WR, CB, C

If Whitner's gone (which is very possible at this point), the need for a potential starting SS becomes huge - totally leapfrogs C IMO.

even if whitner stays i think the safety thing is more important than a center anyway. I know goodwin is on the downhill side but we may have someone on the roster to fill that void plus i gotta think with all our picks we can find a center in the 4th round while we focus in on cb, wr, safety in the first three rounds
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

WR, CB, C

even if whitner stays i think the safety thing is more important than a center anyway. I know goodwin is on the downhill side but we may have someone on the roster to fill that void plus i gotta think with all our picks we can find a center in the 4th round while we focus in on cb, wr, safety in the first three rounds

Yup, definitely agree. Personally, I wouldn't touch on C before the 3rd round.
I'll adjust the Tier's as we go based on FA, of course. Thanks for the input guys!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think a decent backup qb is a need. of course that is contingent on ck not following JH to the browns
i think a decent backup qb is a need. of course that is contingent on ck not following JH to the browns

LOL. Whatchu got? QB as a Second or Third Tier need?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOL. Whatchu got? QB as a Second or Third Tier need?
haha.. maybe second tier,, i have no confidence in the guys currently on the roster,, maybe draft a kid and pick a respectable free agent vet.. we do have a major problem if ck does down. i am not sure we have anyone on the roster who could even manage a game let alone make plays if need be
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Coach? Maybe.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Wide Receiver Coach, top tier need
Originally posted by pd24:
Coach? Maybe.

That would certainly go in the, Lost/Moves: category!
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM ]
Alright peeps, post #1 updated for you...let me know what you think re: team needs. And if you have any additional info to add, let me know!
Originally posted by SaksV:
Wide Receiver Coach, top tier need

LMAO...just saw this. So true!
Originally posted by pd24:
Coach? Maybe.

Noooooooo!
I want my Niners to make a legitimate move.. I don't want any question marks going into this season. At any position. Trade picks for a known commodity.. Calvin Johnson sounds good. Lol. Why not sign Bennett who is now a FA..he can help the DL..

I'm gonna he pissed if we go into the season with Tank, and whoever and are relying on guys that have NEVER played..not every player is Aldon Smith. We need more pass rushers that are PROVEN! Not guys we think might be able to rush the passer.

I have a feeling this could be a very long season!

Rogers needs to be cut.. Whitner is not worth over 3 per season. He could not cover me... That's sad.

I heard that the Patriots might released Vince Wilfork- 49ers need to sign him today!
[ Edited by The49erMan on Feb 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by The49erMan:
I want my Niners to make a legitimate move.. I don't want any question marks going into this season. At any position. Trade picks for a known commodity.. Calvin Johnson sounds good. Lol. Why not sign Bennett who is now a FA..he can help the DL..

I'm gonna he pissed if we go into the season with Tank, and whoever and are relying on guys that have NEVER played..not every player is Aldon Smith. We need more pass rushers that are PROVEN! Not guys we think might be able to rush the passer.

I have a feeling this could be a very long season!

Rogers needs to be cut.. Whitner is not worth over 3 per season. He could not cover me... That's sad.

I heard that the Patriots might released Vince Wilfork- 49ers need to sign him today!

sigh, another fantasy football fan who doesnt understand how our front office operates. calvin johnson? michael bennett? vince wilfork?