LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

1more year (re WR)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
as a niner fan i know the wr & secondary must be address in the draft but i think a field stretch is the missing piece in our offense but i think baldwin ...needs another year ..if you look at game tape of him in games ..db respected his size & speed ....let's be honest roman does not utilize his weapon ...baldwin me be the break out player next year
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
as a niner fan i know the wr & secondary must be address in the draft but i think a field stretch is the missing piece in our offense but i think baldwin ...needs another year ..if you look at game tape of him in games ..db respected his size & speed ....let's be honest roman does not utilize his weapon ...baldwin me be the break out player next year

Baldwin will not be on the team next year.
But what is the cost-benefit analysis of such a transaction? Considering other areas that need to be solidified, what do you think would be a area that can be sacrificed for such a transaction? The 49'ers have some dynamic receivers already, and depending on what happens this offseason, they might look very similar at the start of the season. So wouldn't their efforts be better spent looking at other problem areas?

The receivers only dropped 19 passes, with the league leader only 6 away (Seahawks 13). So when considering Kaepernicks efficiency rating, and how it needs to improve just a few points, I don't see acquiring a new receiver as the key to winning. Making an acquisition in the future for a dynamic player to stretch the field would make sense if Kaep has a great year next year, and gets his passing efficiency up to around 63%. He needs to effectively use the weapons he has before wasting resources looking for additional receivers.
Baldwin is not the answer. He hasn't done anything in 3 years. Good players climb the depth chart and make plays. He stinks.
Baldwin has talent. Unfortunately he wasn't given any opportunities. He can be solid in this league. Put him on the Patriots, Saints, or Packers and he's successful. Can't do much with Roman, our terrible receiver coaching, and a QB that doesn't really have any trust or chemistry in his third receiver.
Our offensive coaches have a lot to be desired as far as development. I would like to see a change or addition in that department. If not, we will not be a sought after landing place for offensive contributors.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Our offensive coaches have a lot to be desired as far as development. I would like to see a change or addition in that department. If not, we will not be a sought after landing place for offensive contributors.

A friend of mine compared Roman as offensive coordinator to AT&T Park's pitcher friendly reputation, in that Roman could end up scaring off potential free agents. I personally wouldn't go that far just yet, but if we have struggles offensively next year as well, I could easily see Roman getting more national media attention.
i am blaming our last 2 losses in the post season on roman ...if it is not bonehead plays ...it is predictable plays ..baldwin should be a redzone target
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:

Baldwin will not be on the team next year.

Bets?
Honestly the guy I would like to see run the offense is Geep Chyrst, our QB coach. I think he has learned enough of romans ways and would add more screens, and down field throws.

I agree, Baldwin wasn't given enough opportunities. I'd let him play in preseason and prove himself, then cut him if not
I play Madden 25 on my ps4 and our offense is really slow on that too.
I'm taking a "wait and see" approach on Baldwin. Let's see what happens through OTA's and Training Camp.

This Staff doesn't put too many Players in the game unless they are Veterans or had a full Off Season with the Team behind them.

Let's be honest here...the dude when on the field made catches, plays and in many cases was open (but not passed too). We have FAR more evidence that we don't utilize guys such as Gore, Hunter, James, Baldwin, Patton, McDonald, Osgood in the RZ, etc. in the passing game (then we do that these guys "suck and haven't done anything"). Period.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

A friend of mine compared Roman as offensive coordinator to AT&T Park's pitcher friendly reputation, in that Roman could end up scaring off potential free agents. I personally wouldn't go that far just yet, but if we have struggles offensively next year as well, I could easily see Roman getting more national media attention.

This is a good analogy. But my question is, how many "weapons" do we need? I mean seriously, just in the passing game alone you have Gore, Hunter, James, Davis, McDonald, Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Baldwin, Osgood, etc. Baalke must be thinking, "WTF more do you need here?"
Share 49ersWebzone