LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Would Eddie let the 49ers move to Santa Clara?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Eddie should be in the hall of fame we all know hes not because of the NFL personal feelings towards him. It's all personal on why hes not in it. You mean to tell me Derrick Brooks deserves it more than Eddie? the Hall of Fame is slowly becoming a joke.

eddie will eventually get in, but he is an owner and they dont vote those in every year. as far as brooks goes, its hard to find a more decorated lb in nfl history. 11 pro bowls, 9 all pros, defensive player of the year, sb ring. not sure what more the guy could have on his resume.
okay Brooks has pro bowls and 1 ring Eddie has 5 rings took a franchise no one really talked about and made them into a 30 year dynasty countless pro bowl players under his ownership they had one of the best coaches of all time greatest QB's off all time greatest WR off all time. Brooks deserve to be in the hall of fame but not before Eddie what Eddie contributed as a owner is way more important than what 1 LB from Tampa did. But i guess the NFL doesn't see it that way. Charles Haley same story 5 super bowl rings played on 2 dynasties huge sack numbers and is not in yet.
I don't really see, right now, the problem some fans seem to have with the Yorks.
Eddie should be in the hall of fame we all know hes not because of the NFL personal feelings towards him. It's all personal on why hes not in it. You mean to tell me Derrick Brooks deserves it more than Eddie? the Hall of Fame is slowly becoming a joke.

eddie will eventually get in, but he is an owner and they dont vote those in every year. as far as brooks goes, its hard to find a more decorated lb in nfl history. 11 pro bowls, 9 all pros, defensive player of the year, sb ring. not sure what more the guy could have on his resume.
okay Brooks has pro bowls and 1 ring Eddie has 5 rings took a franchise no one really talked about and made them into a 30 year dynasty countless pro bowl players under his ownership they had one of the best coaches of all time greatest QB's off all time greatest WR off all time. Brooks deserve to be in the hall of fame but not before Eddie what Eddie contributed as a owner is way more important than what 1 LB from Tampa did. But i guess the NFL doesn't see it that way. Charles Haley same story 5 super bowl rings played on 2 dynasties huge sack numbers and is not in yet.

i wonder why you're singling out derrick brooks. i understand the point you're making, but its comparing apples to oranges. i get it, you want eddie in, we all do, but you cant really compare him to guys who played. maybe compare him to other owners and/or gm's who have gotten in and how long it took them.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
I don't really see, right now, the problem some fans seem to have with the Yorks.

It's not so much a problem it's just at least for me i'm in the old school way of thinking i like the way Eddie ran the team since the Yorks have taken over it's just been a constant mess the Smith Nolan era the Singletary disaster the Erickson seasons the new were Super Bowl good but blow it in the huge game era. This wasn't the case when Eddie was in charge it was Super Bowl or bust when he was in charge. And his locker room tirades made it clear losing was not a option.

i wonder why you're singling out derrick brooks. i understand the point you're making, but its comparing apples to oranges. i get it, you want eddie in, we all do, but you cant really compare him to guys who played. maybe compare him to other owners and/or gm's who have gotten in and how long it took them.

I just don't like Derrick Brooks lol
A better questions would be: would we have 6 rings if Eddie had not lost the team.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
A better questions would be: would we have 6 rings if Eddie had not lost the team.

I think we would Eddie was aggressive when it came to getting free agents to put the team over the hump but with the salary cap now it's hard to say how aggressive he would be.

It's not so much a problem it's just at least for me i'm in the old school way of thinking i like the way Eddie ran the team since the Yorks have taken over it's just been a constant mess the Smith Nolan era the Singletary disaster the Erickson seasons the new were Super Bowl good but blow it in the huge game era. This wasn't the case when Eddie was in charge it was Super Bowl or bust when he was in charge. And his locker room tirades made it clear losing was not a option.

A constant mess?

Seriously, dude. A dominant team for the last three years. The kind of mess other franchises would love to have.

A constant mess?

Seriously, dude. A dominant team for the last three years. The kind of mess other franchises would love to have.

i think a lot of fans have forgotten that while we do have 5 rings, we have more than 5 seasons from 1982-2002 where we were good enough to win it all but didnt close the deal.

A constant mess?

Dude is straight potato.

• mod
  • Veteran

A constant mess?

i think a lot of fans have forgotten that while we do have 5 rings, we have more than 5 seasons from 1982-2002 where we were good enough to win it all but didnt close the deal.

we've blown 3 chances under harbaugh

we blew 14 chances during the golden era... these supposed old school fans are delusional, I know that much

A constant mess?

By constant mess i was referring to the Erickson Nolan SIngletary era the Harbaugh era is of course not a mess it's just been heart break..

A constant mess?

This. It's almost like there have been two eras after Eddie D...the Dr. John and Denise York era and, over the last three+ years, the Jed York era. Yes, he's their son, but he's more of a football person having been around his uncle Eddie D. so much when he was young, picking up pointers from his uncle, etc. At least John York is tied to the NFL with his involvement in the league's health and safety group - but it seems Jed is really overseeing things now involving the Niners. Jed has brought stability to the team, he's hired "football guys/minds" to run the team (Baalke, Harbaugh, etc.), and he's pretty much stayed out of things and let the football people do their jobs. Aren't we glad he's not the Jerry Jones type? The franchise is on solid ground now with the intent on just getting better and better - Jed York has a lot to do with this.
Originally posted by mod:
The city f**ked that up, not the Yorks... when will SF residents understand that.

I love SF as much as the next person but they arent the most attractive place to do business now, Silicon Valley is where its at.

YANL
The franchise endeavored to get a new stadium years ago. Everything they tried fell through until Jed York (who's a lot more like his uncle than his dad) finally got control of the team and finally went F it, let's build a new stadium already even if we have to go out of the city. It's not like they were farting around for years just twiddling their thumbs.
Share 49ersWebzone