There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Eddie let the 49ers move to Santa Clara?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sure he would. It doesn't matter where we play. It's still the Bay Area. Anyway they should give the team back to Eddie D. The Yorks can only get you as far as NFC Championship game losses and Super Bowl losses.

Biggest troll on the Zone.

Why hasnt SD been banned yet?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sure he would. It doesn't matter where we play. It's still the Bay Area. Anyway they should give the team back to Eddie D. The Yorks can only get you as far as NFC Championship game losses and Super Bowl losses.

real rich coming from the dude who 3 or 4 years ago was saying they couldnt even get the team that far. your act is tiresome.
IIRC SD also believed we'd never get a new stadium.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
IIRC SD also believed we'd never get a new stadium.

for someone who sure is proven wrong a lot he sure like to deal in absolutes. he already has the seahawks down for more super bowls in the next few seasons.
YES
Business is business, if you dicked with Eddie, he will not waste his time and go elsewhere. Proof of that, he technically ran out Bill Walsh, put so much pressure on Walsh that Walsh Capitulated.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I know my posts and this thread have come off as angry ranting but that's exactly what it is. I'm mad at both sides for not getting this done. I know it doesn't change anything but letting my frustrations out helped a little. I am not turning my back on the team i will loyally be there in front of my tv every 49er game like i have been for the past 17 years. I will just hate the fact they are where they don't belong but what can i do about it. 490 Jamestown Ave is where my heart will be during all home games even though physically i have to see them in that South Bay stadium.

Originally posted by Raul98:
Your right on all points but i would rather they play at a new stadium at Candlestick point or a re modeled stick but that's just me. Keeping the team in SF meant the world to me but the city officials the Niner ownership could not make it happen. Most people in the webzone are happy and exited the team is getting a new stadium and don't seem to care that it's away from the city, I on the other hand am miserable and sad to see this new stadium i don't care how nice it is. I feel like i am the only one who feels this way but it's okay i love the Niners and i love San Francisco i don't have to love Santa Clara or it's stadium.

The Yorks and Eddie both tried but failed, it was politics. The city wanted the 49ers to foot the entire bill, the 49ers wanted help. Eddie was also trying to build a large strip mall in the area among other things for which the debartolo corp was known for. City said fine, but didn't want to help finance a single penny. Then when santa clara came into the picture they said okay we'll help a little. They kept trying to dick with the 49ers from Eddie's time to the Yorks, they wanted their cake and be able to eat it too, I can understand that, but as the saying goes grass, gass an a$$, nobody rides for free. Then they tried to prevent the niners from leaving etc.,

As far as rebuilding candlestick parrk, unless you do a total rebuild by tearing it down, no way, it is beyond repair to suit a pro team like the niners. Even the players will be glad they finally left when compared to other places not to mention when they see the new place.

But back to your basic question, Eddie was a business man, you play hardball, he'll go where his business is wanted and will thrive, plain and simple.
One of my favorite quotes from Eddie (NFLN included it on his Football Life episode): "The main thing is... I DON'T like to lose"

In my opinion, he would've realized the ongoing battle vs SF's politicians as a futile effort and eventually looked elsewhere.

I do feel for the folks in San Francisco, and understand the anger. However, Santa Clara is 1,000,000,000 times better than becoming the Los Angeles 49ers playing in State Farm Field.
Yes

And he prolly would have traded harbaugh after three straight losses in big games.

Dude did not like to lose, he wasn't no b***h