There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Comp pick for Goldson?

Reid is probably going to be a long term improvement because i think he's an overall smarter player, but im defenitely going to miss hits like this
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Reid is probably going to be a long term improvement because i think he's an overall smarter player, but im defenitely going to miss hits like this

Yup. Reid definitely has the potential to become a better and is probably is what we mostly need to transition into a better secondary unit in the future (Goldson is part of a dying breed of enforcer type DBs). Hope people didn't get my last post mixed up, big fan of Reid. But I still appreciate what Goldson brought to the team when he was here (outside a few dumb, bonehead plays here and there) and remains one of my favorite Niners.

Hopefully after Goldson's jig with Tampa Bay is up, he'll come back and retire here!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
nothing wrong with missing Goldson while still appreciating what Reid accomplished in his rookie year.

I miss Goldson's ability to quickly get to the LOS from the secondary like a missile and intimidating RBs...causing Turnovers or finishing off RBs.

Reid, understandably being a rookie, doesn't have that recognition yet. Eric seems to be a fast learner so next season should be even more special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39AsbvKfNPQ

and belting WRs!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I miss Goldson

i dont
our secondary was so much better without him this year

I dont either.