Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Comp pick for Goldson?

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I miss Goldson

Me too.

He doesn't get concussed when hitting. Goldson >>> reid

#nerverforget
nope. The hitting's only part of it. Everything else Reid is better. And he is 22.
Goldson and Reid would have been a nasty combo.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Kind of funny that his hits and suspensions still costs us
Originally posted by DeUh:

lmfao
How can you miss Goldson after what Reid did in his rookie year.
The formula for comp picks is not based on a single player, but who you signed and who you lost. Things such as, were they starters, pro bowlers and their stats figure into it. Honestly however, I don't know if the stats and pro bowl status is based on the previous year or the current or both.

Also, I believe the highest comp pick you can get is a third rounder and from what I heard, we were going to get a third and forth round comp picks, but we'll see.
Originally posted by 4ML:

This. Although he did have some rookie mistakes.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I would expect a 3rd. He signed a big deal and played in 13 games. We didn't make any big signings that would offset his departure. I would expect comp picks for RJF and Walker as well.

I think it will be a 4th, would have been a 3rd had Goldson played all 16 games likely but those suspensions cost him.

That's not how it's caluculated. It's calculated by his contract
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
With the Hall of fame committee, NFL Officiating and Announcers that clearly root against the Niners; is anyone surprised that we would get screwed over by the mysterious comp-pick formula?

It's the same formula for every team, every year. Stop with the conspiracy theory.

These are reasons other fans call our fan base Whiners.

#justsayin

Goldson and Reid would have been a nasty combo.

Thats what I wanted tbh. Have Reid play FS and move Goldson to SS, where I think he would be better suited.
[ Edited by xela510 on Feb 15, 2014 at 1:17 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I
Originally posted by RumorHasIt:
It's going to end up being a 4th. Never really thought a 3rd would happen.
http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/red_zone/&id=244324361

I still think that we get a 3rd round pick for Goldson.
His contract has a total value of 41,250,000. That is the second highest for a safety in the league.

Of that 18,000,000 is guaranteed. That is also 2nd highest in the league for a safety.

http://www.overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=S
Originally posted by WildBill:
from what I heard, we were going to get a third and forth round comp picks, but we'll see.

Nah, there's no chance of getting two comp picks.

There are two steps to the comp formula.

Step 1 is cancelling out the added and subtracted qualifying FAs starting from the lowest value point.

From Step 1 it's impossible for the 49ers to get two comp picks, because they lost five qualifying FAs (Goldson, Sopoaga, Francois, Walker, Ginn), and gained four (Dorsey, Dawson, Dahl, Skuta).

Step 2 is, if there are any losses remaining after Step 1, that player is assigned a round grade. The question now is if Goldson will be assigned a 3rd or 4th round grade.

So, people might be disappointed about getting a 4th rounder for Goldson (if that happens), but think about it this way: If the Eagles had cut Sopoaga instead of trading him for a 5th round pick, the 9ers wouldn't have gotten any comp picks at all.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Feb 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by DeUh:

lmfao

Yes.
Originally posted by 4ML:

nothing wrong with missing Goldson while still appreciating what Reid accomplished in his rookie year.

I miss Goldson's ability to quickly get to the LOS from the secondary like a missile and intimidating RBs...causing Turnovers or finishing off RBs.

Reid, understandably being a rookie, doesn't have that recognition yet. Eric seems to be a fast learner so next season should be even more special.