LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

The real reason why the 49ers lost to seattle in the NFC Harbaugh Kapernick Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh is a good coach but he has an arrogance that gets in the way with his coaching. Somewhat of a his way or I will bury you mentality.

First off I want to say the 49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL.
The last play should of been isolated to the other side cb (maxwell vs crabtree)
Why was it decided to isolate and throw against seattles best defender Sherman?
I believe it was because of Harbaugh once again wanting to keep Sherman down.

Let me ask this question why didn't Harbaugh draft Sherman and Baldwin (his own Stanford players) to the 49ers? Word is Harbaugh gave the impression to NFL scouts that Sherman was not a good player even though he led Stanford as a receiver his freshman and sophomore year. (That proves that he has talent) Also his statistics in his first years of the NFL prove he is a great talent.

Baldwin "My junior year, I was actually going to transfer," Baldwin said. "I had the transfer papers already filled out on my behalf, and I was very close. Basically, it came down to whether my mother was going to let me do it or not." Mom said no, so Baldwin stuck it out and posted career highs with 58 catches for 857 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior in 2010, Harbaugh's final season before the 49ers hired him. "There's nothing against him, nothing personal. It's just a guy that coached me through college, and you want to show him that I'm as good as I think I am."

2011 6th round draft Ronald Johnson WR over Baldwin who was not drafted but now will have a nice payday with seattle.

How would you feel if your own coach did this to you. Causing you to lose millions and not even be drafted?

Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?
Doug Baldwin 106 yards receiving and returned a kickoff 69 yards.

Can you imagine how much stronger the 49ers would have been with Sherman and Baldwin?
Kapernick has a great future ahead of him but should replace his cockiness with confidence.
[ Edited by clearmind on Feb 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM ]
why is baalke not mentioned here? isn't he the gm?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by clearmind:
Is it karma that Baldwin & Sherman were the 2 most important factors in seattles win over the 49ers?

Yes, we lost because of karma. That's it or something.
This feels like a thread that could have been started in Seahawks.net

Harbaugh is not the GM
We lost to the Seachickens because of 3 Kap tunovers in the 4th Quarter and our INABILITY to put points on the board when Aldon caused the 1st play fumble. Had that been a TD redzone trip, I think the game woulda been completely different for our better. And also Carlos Slim cannot cover my Great Uncle out there. Ditto for Whitner.
Originally posted by Disp:

Yes, we lost because of karma. That's it or something.

Definition of Karma : principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual. Bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.

Harbaugh disliked Sherman because Sherman would not all hail the coach. So Harbaugh in college dropped him down to a 3rd to 4th option. Thus Sherman moving to Cornerback to get away from Harbaugh. Even though his college stats proved that Sherman was a talent and his talent was not utilized properly because Harbaugh didn't like his personality.

Why throw away a great season on that last play to Sherman? When Crabtree should of been isolated to the other side to Maxwell (Seattles 3rd string CB). Harbaugh Kapernick & Crabtree chose to make the wrong decision to go against Sherman because of personal issues which cost the whole season. Perfect example of Karma
Huh?
this thread is f**king stupid
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
this thread is f**king stupid

lol, this, lol

• thl408
Is this a SEA fan wanting us 49ers fans to talk about this all over again?
Definition of Karma : principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual. Bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.

Harbaugh disliked Sherman because Sherman would not all hail the coach. So Harbaugh in college dropped him down to a 3rd to 4th option. Thus Sherman moving to Cornerback to get away from Harbaugh. Even though his college stats proved that Sherman was a talent and his talent was not utilized properly because Harbaugh didn't like his personality.

Why throw away a great season on that last play to Sherman? When Crabtree should of been isolated to the other side to Maxwell (Seattles 3rd string CB). Harbaugh Kapernick & Crabtree chose to make the wrong decision to go against Sherman because of personal issues which cost the whole season. Perfect example of Karma

How in heaven's name do YOU know why Harbaugh doesn't like Sherman? Maybe it is because he is an obnoxious, B***ch which he demonstrated in front of millions over and over. Maybe he put up with enough in college.
What I'm saying is that last play was not a good choice it was a personal choice to throw to Sherman instead of the otherside. Where egos got in the way of making the best decision to win the game. I just want people to see that there was more to Sherman and Harbaugh then face value.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/18/doug-baldwin-richard-sherman-jim-harbaugh-pete-carroll/

"I'll start with Coach Harbaugh," Baldwin said this week, when asked how different his college and pro coaches are. "Coach Harbaugh was a very… I'd say he's more of a disciplinarian type of coach. He likes to be in control of things, and likes to be hands-on with everything. He likes to make sure that everything is running smoothly and he has his say on stuff, and Pete is the same way. I just think they have different approaches. Like I said, Harbaugh is more of a military type. Everything has to be precise and has to be exactly the way he wanted in order for it to go as well as he wants it to go, and Pete kind of gives us leeway to do things that we want to. It might rub the outside people the wrong way sometimes, but I think for us, it gives us a better sense of just having fun when we're at practice or in meetings and stuff."

Carroll's belief that his players should be allowed to express themselves more clearly as long as they're getting things done on the field is something he's learned works for him after failed attempts at doing things in more traditional ways.

"He's the polar opposite of that," Sherman said of Carroll's approach compared to Harbaugh's. "He's not soft, but he's easygoing. He's loose. As loose as you can get out there. He allows his players to be who they are within the confines of the team, as long as it doesn't hurt the team, he allows guys to be themselves. If you're a reserved guy that's always focused, that's always locked in that like an Earl Thomas is, he allows you to be that guy and be locked in 100 percent of the time. If you're a loose guy and you dance at practice like I do, he allows you to be that guy. As long as when you're on the field you do exactly what you're supposed to do.
[ Edited by clearmind on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Is this a SEA fan wanting us 49ers fans to talk about this all over again?

I can with a ClearMind say, yes.
What I'm saying is that last play was not a good choice it was a personal choice to throw to Sherman instead of the otherside. Where egos got in the way of making the best decision to win the game. I just want people to see that there was more to Sherman and Harbaugh then face value.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/18/doug-baldwin-richard-sherman-jim-harbaugh-pete-carroll/

"I'll start with Coach Harbaugh," Baldwin said this week, when asked how different his college and pro coaches are. "Coach Harbaugh was a very… I'd say he's more of a disciplinarian type of coach. He likes to be in control of things, and likes to be hands-on with everything. He likes to make sure that everything is running smoothly and he has his say on stuff, and Pete is the same way. I just think they have different approaches. Like I said, Harbaugh is more of a military type. Everything has to be precise and has to be exactly the way he wanted in order for it to go as well as he wants it to go, and Pete kind of gives us leeway to do things that we want to. It might rub the outside people the wrong way sometimes, but I think for us, it gives us a better sense of just having fun when we're at practice or in meetings and stuff."

Carroll's belief that his players should be allowed to express themselves more clearly as long as they're getting things done on the field is something he's learned works for him after failed attempts at doing things in more traditional ways.

"He's the polar opposite of that," Sherman said of Carroll's approach compared to Harbaugh's. "He's not soft, but he's easygoing. He's loose. As loose as you can get out there. He allows his players to be who they are within the confines of the team, as long as it doesn't hurt the team, he allows guys to be themselves. If you're a reserved guy that's always focused, that's always locked in that like an Earl Thomas is, he allows you to be that guy and be locked in 100 percent of the time. If you're a loose guy and you dance at practice like I do, he allows you to be that guy. As long as when you're on the field you do exactly what you're supposed to do.

Like 49ers players can't be themselves. QP, Dixon, Kaep, Crabs, Aldon, and others have had their fare share of having fun and expressing themselves.

GTFO with this BS. lol, it's so stupid.
[ Edited by verb1der on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone