There are 186 users in the forums

3 Plays from 2011, 2012, and 2013 that will Haunt us Forever

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
I don't even know how to say this but... When we win I don't look back. I don't want to do the same when I lose. So can we stop legitimizing our whines.

I stopped this stuff when Terry Kirby was stripped of the ball while laying on his stomach in the Falcons game in 98'...

I am okay if it gets cornered to one thread but let's just keep it together. We are the 49ers not the Forty_Whiners.

I've learned the same thing too... although mine was with all of the times bad calls helped GB beat the 49ers from 95-97. Proving that the officials screwed you after the fact doesn't change anything because the 49ers still lost and the opposing fans simply don't care because they won the game.

Crying about the officials years later is something losers like the Seahawks do... they carried that crybaby SuperBowl torch for nearly a decade and you can clearly see what that turned them into. Obsessive, bitter, and angry trolls who stop at nothing to behave like a*****es.
F*** this thread.
Originally posted by est1985:
F*** this thread.

You bumped it bro!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
This is so depressing...maybe we are the Eagles of the early 2000's
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
This is so depressing...maybe we are the Eagles of the early 2000's

not as depressing as the Niners of the 2000s
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I don't even know how to say this but... When we win I don't look back. I don't want to do the same when I lose. So can we stop legitimizing our whines.

I stopped this stuff when Terry Kirby was stripped of the ball while laying on his stomach in the Falcons game in 98'...

I am okay if it gets cornered to one thread but let's just keep it together. We are the 49ers not the Forty_Whiners.

I've learned the same thing too... although mine was with all of the times bad calls helped GB beat the 49ers from 95-97. Proving that the officials screwed you after the fact doesn't change anything because the 49ers still lost and the opposing fans simply don't care because they won the game.

Crying about the officials years later is something losers like the Seahawks do... they carried that crybaby SuperBowl torch for nearly a decade and you can clearly see what that turned them into. Obsessive, bitter, and angry trolls who stop at nothing to behave like a*****es.
Odd that you don't mention one of the worst calls ever in 1998 that helped the 49ers beat the Packers, the Catch 2 never should have happened because of a bad call on a Jerry Rice fumble a few plays earlier. I guess you are another biased 49er fan that forgets or doesn't see bad calls that benefit San Francisco.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Odd that you don't mention one of the worst calls ever in 1998 that helped the 49ers beat the Packers, the Catch 2 never should have happened because of a bad call on a Jerry Rice fumble a few plays earlier. I guess you are another biased 49er fan that forgets or doesn't see bad calls that benefit San Francisco.

You may be confusing a Niner fan here. There isn't a Niner fan anywhere that wouldn't admit that wasn't a fumble. What WE want is for an equally-called game and rules to be adhered too. Nothing more. The pattern we've seen here is that many of the most crucial calls at crucial moments in these crucial games over the past three years have happened against us in the final 3-4 minutes of the game. It's hard to overcome that...even though we've come very close.
bad calls happen, it is what it is, but its the team who didnt execute well enough over the course of a 60 min game who usually has these gripes. the giants and ravens games in particular, we didnt play all that well. 1-13 on 3rd downs vs the giants and 1 pass to a wr. the ravens game we traded 2 fg's for 4 td's the first 31 mins. i know there was missed calls, but i'm the type of fan who looks inwards at what we could have done to change the outcome, as opposed to outright blame a third party when we know we could have done more to help ourselves. football will always be about human error from the refs and which team executes over a 60 min period, not for a half or a quarter at a time.
Originally posted by crabman82:
bad calls happen, it is what it is, but its the team who didnt execute well enough over the course of a 60 min game who usually has these gripes. the giants and ravens games in particular, we didnt play all that well. 1-13 on 3rd downs vs the giants and 1 pass to a wr. the ravens game we traded 2 fg's for 4 td's the first 31 mins. i know there was missed calls, but i'm the type of fan who looks inwards at what we could have done to change the outcome, as opposed to outright blame a third party when we know we could have done more to help ourselves. football will always be about human error from the refs and which team executes over a 60 min period, not for a half or a quarter at a time.

Agreed, coaches and players need to look inward. However, as fans, we have the opportunity to look at the big picture and see the game in context. Fans like you, noted that we were 1 for 13 on 3rd downs. The Giants were only 7 for 21 on 3rd downs. It was a defensive battle no doubt and they were better coached IMHO (picking on Brock cold off the bench after Brown got knocked out by Goldson and on special teams; fair catching everything and not risking a muff). All that said, the game was tied up to the final 2+ minutes of the game and the Bradshaw fumble (non-call) happened. That call determined the outcome of the game in regulation IMHO. We still stopped them despite the call and forced OT where we legitimately lost thanks to poor ST coaching and execution. But you get the point...
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed, coaches and players need to look inward. However, as fans, we have the opportunity to look at the big picture and see the game in context. Fans like you, noted that we were 1 for 13 on 3rd downs. The Giants were only 7 for 21 on 3rd downs. It was a defensive battle no doubt and they were better coached IMHO (picking on Brock cold off the bench after Brown got knocked out by Goldson and on special teams; fair catching everything and not risking a muff). All that said, the game was tied up to the final 2+ minutes of the game and the Bradshaw fumble (non-call) happened. That call determined the outcome of the game in regulation IMHO. We still stopped them despite the call and forced OT where we legitimately lost thanks to poor ST coaching and execution. But you get the point...

as i recall, even after the non fumble, we were losing 17-14 and managed to drive down around their 20 yard line. after that we stalled and needed a fg to tie it 17-17 and go to OT. we had our chance right there and didnt execute. get a td and its probably all she wrote. thus the bradshaw play becomes a bigger issue than it should be. i actually just looked it up, akers hit a 25 yard fg with 5 mins left. we were right there and could have done something about it.

as i recall, even after the non fumble, we were losing 17-14 and managed to drive down around their 20 yard line. after that we stalled and needed a fg to tie it 17-17 and go to OT. we had our chance right there and didnt execute. get a td and its probably all she wrote. thus the bradshaw play becomes a bigger issue than it should be. i actually just looked it up, akers hit a 25 yard fg with 5 mins left. we were right there and could have done something about it.

Yes our conservative offense lacking the killer instinct has changed contributed to big game losses

Absolutely...this isn't to dismiss that we STILL had our chances. No doubt. This team has resolve, no doubt and that is something to hang our hat on. BUT, that non-call under 2-3 minutes would have killed the clock and put points on the board. NY would have had a hell of low probability to win it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yes our conservative offense lacking the killer instinct has changed contributed to big game losses

Big time but our ST coach has no issues telling KW's to "go for it!"
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
LOL! I thought KW was about to break a big one and redeem himself too. He just forgot to secure the football! Epic failure on his part. I am not sure he ever recovered from that. NYG fans everywhere thank him and Roger Craig for two chips!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
LOL! I thought KW was about to break a big one and redeem himself too. He just forgot to secure the football! Epic failure on his part. I am not sure he ever recovered from that. NYG fans everywhere thank him and Roger Craig for two chips!

and scott norwood
Share 49ersWebzone