There are 152 users in the forums

Rising Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have watched a ton of FSU football over the years and Tank was one of the best lineman I ever seen out of the program (and that is saying a lot). I really believe had he not ripped his knee in the florida game of '12 he was easily a top 15 type pick. If he is healthy I would be shocked if he is not a great pass rusher in he nfl. In all honesty if heathy he is exactly what this defense needs is a down lineman that can get after the qb. This could end up being one of Trent's best moves, again it is all contingent on him being heathy cause it was a pretty nasty knee injury.
Originally posted by pd24:
I think Chris Culliver has a chance to be a lock down CB. I can't wait to see him start.

I hope you're right and he comes back strong and eventually develops into an elite corner. So far the only thing he's locked down is a spot on IR.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I have watched a ton of FSU football over the years and Tank was one of the best lineman I ever seen out of the program (and that is saying a lot). I really believe had he not ripped his knee in the florida game of '12 he was easily a top 15 type pick. If he is healthy I would be shocked if he is not a great pass rusher in he nfl. In all honesty if heathy he is exactly what this defense needs is a down lineman that can get after the qb. This could end up being one of Trent's best moves, again it is all contingent on him being heathy cause it was a pretty nasty knee injury.

Thanks for your input...I esp. love fans who has seen these players on the regular and can give us insight!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I think Chris Culliver has a chance to be a lock down CB. I can't wait to see him start.

I hope you're right and he comes back strong and eventually develops into an elite corner. So far the only thing he's locked down is a spot on IR.

Me too...I think the biggest change for Culliver has been his maturity...much more humble and grown up. I know Baalke is a big fan of his and it sounds like he worked very hard to get back to form. It will be fun to see him and Wright compete along with a blue-chip CB for that #2, #3 and #4 spot!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks for your input...I esp. love fans who has seen these players on the regular and can give us insight!

I was extremely pleased with his selection last year, even with him basically "red shirting". I'm gonna look at tank as an additional first-second round pick in this draft class. Speaking of which I'm still astounded at the selection trent has been able to acquire. This is how you succeed in the salary cap era, while some are wondering if the window is closing in my view it just might be opening and the '13 redshirts and the upcoming '14 draft could be the reason why. It appears the talent is gonna be there, now we just need the offense to make the slight adjustment we were outlining in the "west coast offense thread" that was running pretty strong on this board a couple of weeks ago.
Totally agree Niners816!

Getting Tank & Lattimore is almost like getting 2 first round picks. The fact that they could sit and learn for a year is incredible. Add to that that they don't have to be every down players gives them time to hone their skills so the season after they dominate full time.

I hope Trent does the same thing in the draft w/Spenser Long and 1-2 other potential Red Shirt Guys.

This year I think Miller will be used even more.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I hope Trent does the same thing in the draft w/Spenser Long and 1-2 other potential Red Shirt Guys.

This year I think Miller will be used even more.

Long would be a good get. If I had to guess i bet we trade 2-3 of our picks this year for future picks, so of the 8-9 selections we make I would be willing to bet that at least two of them would be in that "red shirt" model.

Speaking of future stars, Patton is the guy I look to on the offensive side of the ball. I know we are all looking for another WR in the up coming draft, but the answer might be in house. I just hope crabs and boldin stay heathy and Patton is allowed to focus on developing in more of slot/3rd WR.

fair to say hes already better than jamal reynolds?
Originally posted by crabman82:

Reynold never quite panned out in the nfl, but he was an absolute beast on that 2000 FSU team. Honestly I tend to over estimate the late 90's- early 2000's Nole teams, but they were stacked like crazy and some of his production in college could be due to that. But IMO I would take tank over Reynolds, let's just hope my hunch is correct and he has a much better career that Jamal.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Reynold never quite panned out in the nfl, but he was an absolute beast on that 2000 FSU team. Honestly I tend to over estimate the late 90's- early 2000's Nole teams, but they were stacked like crazy and some of his production in college could be due to that. But IMO I would take tank over Reynolds, let's just hope my hunch is correct and he has a much better career that Jamal.

yeah i remember reynolds being able to get after it at fsu, but once he hit the pro's he was pretty bad

Patton - Really excited to see what this kid does with a full off season. Been apart of the group saying this kid just has that "it" factor since breaking out at the senior bowl and now its time for him to prove it.

Cully - Excluding the one game that meant everything... he was our best CB for the long athletic receivers like the job he did against megatron. Did he succumb to the pressure he put on himself because of his comments in the SB, or did he hit his ceiling and get exposed? My thinking is he will bounce back and have some standout games against Arizona specifically this season.

McDonald/Carrier - Holy crap the potential! If VD fixed his inconsistent hands hopefully VM can do the same, but the strides he made in his blocking were noticeable. IMO he just played like a rookie and the game will slowdown for him this year curing some of those dropsies. Then there is Carrier... this guy is gonna be the crush of the zone over the offseason. He might be the best receiver in the TE group and would be a great compliment to VD and VM if his athleticism translates to the field.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Patton - Really excited to see what this kid does with a full off season. Been apart of the group saying this kid just has that "it" factor since breaking out at the senior bowl and now its time for him to prove it.

Cully - Excluding the one game that meant everything... he was our best CB for the long athletic receivers like the job he did against megatron. Did he succumb to the pressure he put on himself because of his comments in the SB, or did he hit his ceiling and get exposed? My thinking is he will bounce back and have some standout games against Arizona specifically this season.

McDonald/Carrier - Holy crap the potential! If VD fixed his inconsistent hands hopefully VM can do the same, but the strides he made in his blocking were noticeable. IMO he just played like a rookie and the game will slowdown for him this year curing some of those dropsies. Then there is Carrier... this guy is gonna be the crush of the zone over the offseason. He might be the best receiver in the TE group and would be a great compliment to VD and VM if his athleticism translates to the field.

Great ones...I have my eye on Carrier as well and considered him a potential dark horse as well but just don't know enough about him. Another brought up CB Dax Swanson.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Also very excited to see what Lawrence Okoye has learned over this last year. It was good that he played preseason and went through camp last year. He now knows what to expect and what he needed to work on. Im sure he was coached up through the year also.
Also very excited to see what Lawrence Okoye has learned over this last year. It was good that he played preseason and went through camp last year. He now knows what to expect and what he needed to work on. Im sure he was coached up through the year also.

Yeah, LO is going to be very fun to watch! Can you imagine if he panned out?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, LO is going to be very fun to watch! Can you imagine if he panned out?

Athletically speaking he belongs in the NFL, it's going to come down to coaching and his own dedication. Btw if no d-linemen are picked in this draft it could be a sign.
Share 49ersWebzone