There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greatest Non-Candlestick Park Games

Originally posted by btthepunk:

Am I the only person who was angry when he did this? How classless can a player be? I disliked Dallas as much as any other 9ers fan, but I didn't like seeing a 49ers player stoop to that level. How would you guys have felt if Michael Irvin did something similar to at Candlestick???

T.O. also started problems in the locker room, and called out our QB numerous times. Screw that guy. He did not represent what being a 9er is all about.
i really liked the comeback win against atlanta in the nfccg last year
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Am I the only person who was angry when he did this? How classless can a player be? I disliked Dallas as much as any other 9ers fan, but I didn't like seeing a 49ers player stoop to that level. How would you guys have felt if Michael Irvin did something similar to at Candlestick???

T.O. also started problems in the locker room, and called out our QB numerous times. Screw that guy. He did not represent what being a 9er is all about.

Already mentioned but my favorite is 1989, week 3 in Philly. They're down 21-10 in the 4th quarter but then absolutely disintegrate Buddy Ryan's defense and win 38-28. Joe throws 227 yards and 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter alone.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a614b/Top-Ten-Comebacks-Montana-s-finest-hour
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Feb 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Nah that was mnf at the stick. This was the NFCCG in soldier field where it was supposed to be too cold for us west coast pansies to play

1988 NFC Title Game

10-6 49ers: 28
12-4 Bears: 3

Bears were 52-11 in the previous 4 seasons

Boom! Still my favorite 49er game that wasn't a Super Bowl win. It was such a thorough and satisfying arse kicking.

Agreed...and probably one of my favorite intros by Pat Summerall. Loved the CBS "Pots and Pans".

No, you can't be the only one. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing and I can't stand Dallas.
Three always I remember:

1. 1987 @ Bengals week 2: Final Score 27-26...25 yd pass from Montana to Rice to win at the last second. Bill Walsh skipping with Roger Craig on the field.

2. 1988 @ NY Giants - Down 17-13. 78 yard bomb to Jerry Rice silences the entire crowd.- we win 20-17.

3. Dec. 11, 1989 -- San Francisco at LA RamsABC Sports OnlineJoe Montana and John Taylor combined for a pair of 90-plus yard touchdowns to rally the 49ers to another fourth quarter comeback. With a little more than two minutes left in the first half, Taylor took a short Montana pass 92 yards to pull the 49ers within 17-10. After the Rams went up 27-10 early in the final quarter, Montana took over. He hit Mike Wilson for a 7-yard TD pass with 10 minutes to go. Then Taylor took another Montana pass 95 yards four minutes later. Finally, Roger Craig scored from one yard out to give San Francisco the win. Montana finished the night 30-for-42 for 458 yards. Taylor caught 11 passes for 286 yards.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Two always I remember:

1. 1987 @ Bengals week 2: Final Score 27-26...25 yd pass from Montana to Rice to win at the last second. Bill Walsh skipping with Roger Craig on the field.

2. 1988 @ NY Giants - Down 17-13. 78 yard bomb to Jerry Rice silences the entire crowd.- we win 20-17.

That '88 Giants game was a shocker. It was very late and the crowd was sure the Giants were going to win. The NY crowd went from raucous and screaming to completely silent in about 5 seconds. Unbelievable.

And that Rams game - if you remember, Georgia Frontierie was partying on the sideline with the Rams players before they even went in for half time. They were sure they were going to win that game.
[ Edited by crake49 on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by crake49:

No, you can't be the only one. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing and I can't stand Dallas.

I f**king loved it. f**k Dallas! Would have been better if he dropped his pants and s**t on it.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Three always I remember:

3. Dec. 11, 1989 -- San Francisco at LA RamsABC Sports OnlineJoe Montana and John Taylor combined for a pair of 90-plus yard touchdowns to rally the 49ers to another fourth quarter comeback. With a little more than two minutes left in the first half, Taylor took a short Montana pass 92 yards to pull the 49ers within 17-10. After the Rams went up 27-10 early in the final quarter, Montana took over. He hit Mike Wilson for a 7-yard TD pass with 10 minutes to go. Then Taylor took another Montana pass 95 yards four minutes later. Finally, Roger Craig scored from one yard out to give San Francisco the win. Montana finished the night 30-for-42 for 458 yards. Taylor caught 11 passes for 286 yards.

That sideline bomb to Jerry was just awesome and the two DBs picked each other and fell.

But, the JT Monday night show was one of the best performances ever.

Of course, this is not counting the Super Bowls, right

You are right but remember the circumstances. We were coming off a 4-12 season. Started the 2000 season 0-3 and went into our old nemesis' house. Walked out with a statement winning 41-24 and our new QB tossing 4 TDs.

We won the following week versus Arizona but then fell in overtime to the Raiders
[ Edited by Touchdownboy1980 on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM ]
The 5 Super Bowl titles.
an underrated one was 1997 in carolina on monday night football. in 2 previous season they had beaten us 3 out of 4 times and took the division the year prior. we went in there without jerry rice who ripped up his knee in week 1 and had steve young returning recently from a concussion. we laid it on the panthers real thick that night.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I was at this game, had great seats. I live in DE, close to Philly, been to many Eagles games, there fans are absolute dicks and usually, if you wear the opposing team colors, you are in trouble, this game, that comeback demoralized their fanbase so bad that I was actually getting pats on the back and people were telling me good game. They literally hung their heads and were ashamed, I remember telling my wife, this game sucks I wish I could just leave but I paid too much money for these seats at halftime, then boom! The game winning drive then the Justin Smith strip of Maclin (who he caught from behind were a thing of beauty

That is awesome man. Those fans have carried the torch as the worst fan base for years until having it wrestled away last season. Going in there in red and coming out with that win must have been amazing. I've watched football on Sunday with the same group of friends since the NFL ticket came out, very lean years for the 9ers. They were genuinely happy for me because it was the biggest win the 49ers had since the advent of the NFL ticket.
all our home games here on out