There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

If the deal could be done, would you trade Crabtree + a second + a third for a top 5 pick to snag Sammy Watkins? Basically trading away Crabtree's contract for as solid a WR prospect I've seen since Julio Jones.
I aint letting go of Crabs until we actually HAVE another WR on this roster. We can do road grater OLine guys, we NEED WR's for Kaep and Crabs is Kaep's favorite target.
In a power run scheme, which Harbaugh runs, Iupati is head over heels more valuable than Crabtree.
We can sign another Crabtree (kind of already did with Boldin).
without a doubt crabtree

Crabtree next question

• nj9er
  • Veteran
Not sure if you noticed but we don't scout WR well. Crabtree was last WR since TO to have a 1000 yard season. Bust after bust at the position. OL we drafted Staley, Boone, Davis, Iupati, got Goodwin. We have an eye for o line. I can name at least 10 misses at WR in draft or FA over last decade where a team like Giants and Steelers find receivers all over the place.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Crapati
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
If the deal could be done, would you trade Crabtree + a second + a third for a top 5 pick to snag Sammy Watkins? Basically trading away Crabtree's contract for as solid a WR prospect I've seen since Julio Jones.

Hell No. Trade a proven top receiver and two high picks for an unproven rookie... No thanks. Watkins may never even be as good as Crabtree.
Crabtree, if the Niners are going with Kap long term... which they are.
All depends on the the contract. I'll take Iupati for $7-8 million over Crabtree for $10+million. Especially if we can lock up Boldin for two more years. Boldin proved that another receiver can develop chemistry with Kaep and he did it quick. Why is it that Bellichick can let top notch receivers go and still have Brady put up big numbers? Because it's still all about Kaep. We lock up Boldin, we still have one more year of Crabs, Patton, Vernon, Big Mac. We then sign one veteran free agent reciever like Manningham but hopefully it turns out better and we use one of our draft picks for a talented receiver prospect in the upcoming draft. A perceived weakness is now a strength. Bottom line is I don't care if it's Crabtree or Iupati, the important thing is that we do not overpay and distribute a contract that will hurt the teams long term success. The reality is that we may lose both and that's more and more looking like the case.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

Hell No. Trade a proven top receiver and two high picks for an unproven rookie... No thanks. Watkins may never even be as good as Crabtree.

You're overlooking the added benefit of the trade: unloading what will likely be an unreasonable contract for Crabtree. Of course Watkins might not exceed Crabtree's skill, or he might become better than Julio Jones. I think the potential plus the salary cap relief next year might make it worth the picks. Maybe...
no question. Crabtree is a baller and money on 3rd downs. he's Kap's doot too.
Originally posted by crake49:
The problem with Iupati is that he is widely thought to be one of the three best guards in the league, so a contract reflecting that would be up in the $8 or $9 mill per year level and I don't think the Niners place that number on guards. Crabtree is not seen as a top ten receiver so they might have more leverage with him. So there's probably a better chance the Niners will be able to retain Crabtree. And, I think that's the way they should go because it's probably harder to replace a go-to receiver than a run-blocking guard. Besides, they could stand to get a little better in pass protection anyway.e

Receivers command much more money and there is always some sucker that would pay him. Even if Iupati is rated up there in the top three, areceiver still could get more money. Tougher to sign crabs than Iupati. Crabs is injury prone and paying him that money is risky. We will see, if Patton or the draft pick can show production then he is gone.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Crapati

Iupatree
Crabtree and it is not even a question. I would do everything I could to trade Iupati before just letting him walk after the season, but it will be tough to do.